Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been away and just catching up. You’re all bloody amazing. Sitting in the garden killing myself laughing.
Such talent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
When you show off Your nips
Pour syrup on cakes that's a mole
Sorry it just came to me.

I will defo stop now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The irony of Sophie Heawood on Twitter of all places describing this place as "a pit". This is the woman who has a column where she often takes the piss out of other people's houses. Nor is she adverse to writing interviews up in a super-bitchy manner.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
When you face plant a tap
And your slop tastes like crap
That's a molee

When you straddle a sideboard
All from Cotswold you hoard
That's a molee

When at Ocado you shop
But Asda is for slop
That's a molee

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I do think it’s interesting that “us” gen X types/xennials/older millennials were brought up seeing the worst behaviour by the press- actual doxxing, sexism, racism and homophobia on the front pages.
We also grew up with a robust culture of satire- spitting image, HIGNFY, basically any UK C4 comedy.
We lived through the OK magazine crazes- when paps could legally upskirt, who wore it best, circle of shame.

Our whole culture is based around bitching, taking the piss and being scathing especially to public figures. I mean, why is it a surprise that such a culture spawned tattle? And I really want to stand up for taking the piss. A lot of what we do is taking the piss out of the ridiculous content these people put out. Maybe don’t put out personal stuff if people taking the piss out of it upsets you?

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Hoping I've not subconsciously copied or sampled other lyrics (please don't sue me).

When your bungalow is crappy
And you live off people's pity
That's a molee

When in tall heels you dance
As you steal a heating allowance
That's a molee

When king Marcus you shaft
And piss on his hard graft
That's a molee

When shite books you write
And your orange hair is a fright
That's a molee

When your poverty story is a farce
Like that chunky Mediterranean arse
That's a molee

When blood clot porridge oats
Gives a nation the boaks
That's a molee

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I think it is obscene that an influencer would trying to say they are persecuted, by referring to themselves as person of influence, like possibly a person of colour or faith. There is no comparison. I am sorry of my language here is not quite right, I, am just trying to get my point across. At best, an they are a salesperson, at worst a hustler and very worse a lying thief.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I went out for breakfast this morning and the bloke on the table next to me had a 'Straight Outa Compton' T shirt on and it made me think of LJC but I didnt fizz or hoot, just smiled to myself.

Also loving the chat about 'influencers'. It seems a viable option for younger people to sell their life Truman style so they never have to actually work!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I read the article.

One thing, why do they read here?

We are a corner of the internet you have to physically Google us to find us. If they didn't read here they wouldn't know what's being said. Its kind of like listening into a conversation and hearing them saying something you don't want to hear.

Also I don't hate anyone. I just have an opinion on things and last I heard your allowed one of those.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
If by pit you mean a place full of hilarious banter, abandoned gloves and great friends then yeah sure.

TOTAL PIT.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Also loving the chat about 'influencers'. It seems a viable option for younger people to sell their life Truman style so they never have to actually work!
It grinds my gears, The Truman Show, Idiocracy, Wall-E, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Minority Report, they're meant to be dystopian nightmare predictions of a dangerous future, not aspirational instruction manuals.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I also hate the accusation we “hide” behind fake profiles FML as if tattle invented user names and avatars, meanwhile I guess to join a respectable site like reddit you need to apply to join up with your passport and a bill showing your address?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I also hate the accusation we “hide” behind fake profiles FML as if tattle invented user names and avatars, meanwhile I guess to join a respectable site like reddit you need to apply to join up with your passport and a bill showing your address?
Absolutely. And that’s without even mentioning the simple fact that the personalities that these “influencers” present are so clearly not their honest, true selves. A la Monroe, it’s a bit rich taking honesty and transparency lectures from people who outright lie, exaggerate truths and hide inconvenient ones so easily.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
What would they do if they had our real names? That's a question I would like answering would they say stuff back perhaps call us unsavoury names. I thought they didn't want things like that to happen.

Theres nothing they could say to me that I haven't heard before so carry in plus I just wouldn't read my thread and I also would ensure I didn't post tit I didn't want talked about.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.