Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one thing about these " outers" is that they will generate more traffic here so people can see for themselves " the faceless ninnies" then those people will actually see just how much they have been duped.

Everything discussed on this forum and a few others I follow are directly discussing things from their own sm, or media. Most infleucers sm is public as is the media so only public information is being discussed.

If they don't want it discussed then don't publicise it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
would love to know the statistics of debt in young people now and whether this can be attributed to wanting to be like some catfish on Insta.
It’s already bad, I think the official byline is young women are entering IVAs at unprecedented rates whereas previously they were the smallest demographic. I know so many women in debt or constantly carrying a Klarna balance month over month, a few who owe >100% of their pre tax annual income and have nothing of any real resell value (decent bags or cars, not Jackie investments) to show for it and they all follow thousands of people on Insta..... Because they’re constantly flooded with “luxury” lifestyle imagery on Instagram as if that’s normal for people not getting it all for free, it takes thousands of pounds and years to decorate a house not every property you live in has to be Instagrammable.

Tbh it looks as if most companies outside of fast fashion/beauty are slowing down or entirely ending influencer campaigns so fingers and toes crossed for the future.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
It’s already bad, I think the official byline is young women are entering IVAs at unprecedented rates whereas previously they were the smallest demographic. I know so many women in debt or constantly carrying a Klarna balance month over month, a few who owe >100% of their pre tax annual income and have nothing of any real resell value (decent bags or cars, not Jackie investments) to show for it and they all follow thousands of people on Insta..... Because they’re constantly flooded with “luxury” lifestyle imagery on Instagram as if that’s normal for people not getting it all for free, it takes thousands of pounds and years to decorate a house not every property you live in has to be Instagrammable.

Tbh it looks as if most companies outside of fast fashion/beauty are slowing down or entirely ending influencer campaigns so fingers and toes crossed for the future.
It’s really depressing to read this, it points towards our glaring failings as a society and on several levels. For all of the stupidity it must require to get oneself in such a situation, it must be pretty hard to be young and otherwise talentless in a shallow, materialistic and greedy world.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That’s the thing, they try and justify deleting and blocking any comment that doesn’t agree with them and say they’re crusading against trolls for theur kids’ generation.
I do think some people are far too quick to say that any negative comment is abuse.

This isn't to play down *actual* abusive comments, at all, but there is a difference between - even quite harsh - criticism and abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I do think some people are far too quick to say that any negative comment is abuse.

This isn't to play down *actual* abusive comments, at all, but there is a difference between - even quite harsh - criticism and abuse.
This is when they start to lose the argument. They mix up so many things. Most influencers hate here because their feelings are hurt. They get laughed at. Now obviously that can't be nice, but to keep throwing in lies about fearing for their safety, doxxing, their family's safety, is a massive red herring. But those things get believed.
Sali Hughes once said on the radio she feared for her life as she thought Tattlers would follow her to Paris to push her under a train. These daft claims are swallowed with not one jot of evidence. I'm sure the police would be interested if there was.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
The thing that makes me laugh about the insta huns etc and their turning about them being hot topics due to their questionable antics.

They are the first ones to point and shout at the likes of Boris Johnstone and his wife about how the are using peoples hard earned money to redecorate their fancy house. When in actual fact these very people are pretty much doing the same by shaking tip jars and other grifting ideas.

Its all a massive scam, just because they are not pm doesn't make it any less wrong.

Reactions: 39
Am grunking because BUSY. We are indeed self sustaining now! Love it!😎

Just dropping in to say I think I must be Jack.

I went to the walk in with an ouchy mouth (cba to spend the next x weeks trying get a GP) appointment, and have been here for 18 hours.

I have had steroids, TWO types of antibiotics, seen a doctor, a consultant and have had TWO, yes TWO canulars

However, I have not posted any sad fishing pictures anywhere so I may not be Jack.

Ouchy mouth is getting better, so won't need a special cookbook
Hope you feeling even better now. I abhor hospital/ medical selfies. Can't help it, trained as nurse he old fashioned way!🔺

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Sali Hughes once said on the radio she feared for her life as she thought Tattlers would follow her to Paris to push her under a train.
That seems like a very specific fear. Although I think it is a fear that quite a few people have (being pushed under a train in general, not by angry tattlers in Paris...)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Just popped by to say that Channel Four news team are up for a Television Bafta on Sunday evening. Big, live awards show with an audience permitted. Could be a chaos approaching if our smol pixie doesn't get the opportunity to dust off her Viv and accompany JLC...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
That seems like a very specific fear. Although I think it is a fear that quite a few people have (being pushed under a train in general, not by angry tattlers in Paris...)
Do you think it might have a name??

• Haha
Reactions: 22
And I’m sure Jack wouldn’t call herself an influencer
I thought the same, but then remembered she had no problem accepting “influencer of the year award”.

I tried to read that Gr*zi article with an open mind (instead of feeling defensive) but then some guy called Chad is quoted saying there‘s no accountability... and yet the article doesn’t point out that he works for the same talent agency as the writer of the piece! And she’s a “Senior PR Account Executive“ for them! The article doesn’t mention that either though.
Also, the phrase “person of influence“ is so wrong.
(Still catching up so apologies if this has already been pointed out).

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I get the sense some of these crowdfunders are from people who think they just deserve money for being special/quasi-celebs instead of *actually* intending to give donors anything much in return for it

Also, the phrase “person of influence“ is so wrong.
Accidental Alan Partridge

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yes, same babe. I pay £5 a month on Patreon to the Small Town Murder podcast guys and I get hours of entertainment. It's a bargain but like so many of the grifters and tin rattlers, platforms like this get abused! I really wish it was regulated. I really hate the instahuns with a vengeance and that includes our wee smol pixie.
Edit to add: has this so-called journalist ever stopped to think why Tattle exists? Because we either see through the bullshit or have been grifted ourselves. But oh no, we're just a bunch of Tattle bullies. Which ain't true. That would make a better story!
BIB - this is such a good point, how likely is it that a group of faceless bullies got together en masse and thought to themselves one day ‘hey we’ll start a website where we can witch about the poor hard working folk of Instagram’?! And then were that committed to online bullying that they went to the effort of setting up a website to do it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This is when they start to lose the argument. They mix up so many things. Most influencers hate here because their feelings are hurt. They get laughed at. Now obviously that can't be nice, but to keep throwing in lies about fearing for their safety, doxxing, their family's safety, is a massive red herring. But those things get believed.
Sali Hughes once said on the radio she feared for her life as she thought Tattlers would follow her to Paris to push her under a train. These daft claims are swallowed with not one jot of evidence. I'm sure the police would be interested if there was.
Yes Sali was so scared that she had to ask her husband to accompany her on A WORK TRIP TO PARIS. On the other hand, she has never knowingly asked him to accompany her on the trains between Brighton where they live, and London to Hershesons to get a #presstreatment haircut etc. For some reason it was PARIS where she was most at risk.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
So she scored a holiday with her husband because Tattle exists? 😂 What a bleeping pisstaking joker.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Yes Sali was so scared that she had to ask her husband to accompany her on A WORK TRIP TO PARIS. On the other hand, she has never knowingly asked him to accompany her on the trains between Brighton where they live, and London to Hershesons to get a #presstreatment haircut etc. For some reason it was PARIS where she was most at risk.
Omg does she think she’s actually Lady Di

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Do you think it might have a name??
Needing to get a grip?

Ridiculous levels of catastrophising?

Watching too many movies late at night where tit happens on the underground/Metro?

Wanting a nice romantic holiday but needed to justify to Accounts why the claim was for two people and not one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
It also says a lot when influencers seem far more concerned about the comments directed at their physical appearance than anything else.

Dangerous parenting, lying, grifting, ad deviousness, ACTUAL law breaking going on. Someone says they’ve got dry hair/fat back/awful veneers- ABUSIVE TROLL. Surely you should be more concerned about issues with your professional practice/parenting/dodgy life choices than if a few people think you have scraggly hair ends? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This is brilliant - their heads are stuck so far up their own arses that they actually start to believe their own lies that they spin.
And one imagines that there is likely only one thing worse than a cabal of internet users commenting on the lives of the eternally self-absorbed, and that would be a collective indifference to the shite they put out. Just imagine a world where these self-defined “influencers” posted one of their silly, affiliated videos about whatever bleeping nonsense it is that they go on about only to be met with radio silence... It would be beautiful. Cue comment pieces in shakedownmagazine about silence being violence, or some other naval gazing bollocks..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.