Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry @Hollaaa thats my dirty mind jumping to conclusions.

I think he has had brief interaction on Twitter with Jack so the next time he asks...
Next time I'm in the Oxford Bar, I'll be ready to ask the canal's burning questions. Also with hindsight, the first time it might have been a bit like that but it was 20-odd years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that. I didn't go, anyway. I possibly should have, for research purposes.
He's bought himself a separate flat to write in now, so I wonder. He is a lovely guy though, comes up this way quite often. The village of Naver in his latest book is my nearest large village in disguise, he was up here most of the summer he wrote it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I don’t think I’ve ever bought tinned peaches except for the two times we had that weird Monroe curry- once to eat it in normal life, once for the Tattle.
I adore tinned peaches! And pineapple too. But I'd rather eat my own leg than a curry into which they have been bunged, especially if bunged by Jack Monroe; blech.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
@Sideboard Bob I did not in fact get the eponymous headrush. False advertising. The mushrooms weren't really pungent either, they were a bit burnt which I didn't realise was a state mushrooms ever achieved. Everything was just overwhelmed by white chocolate. I got more of a headrush from all the smoking I did to try and kill any memory of the spaghetti that my mouth might have had. It is true that I devoured the whole lot like a greedy goblin and had a second dinner though.

I think I found a viggle in the wild today earlier. This was under a post from a popular vegan account announcing that Linda McCartney's have launched a range of plant milks. We did warn you, Jack. Slighted vegans have very long memories!

Screenshot_20210514-154125_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Everyone! Quick! A year’s supply of tinned peaches! A load of Jack’s books!

Actually Mel Donte, I am in the middle of cleaning some grout so am a tad busy at the mo.

Hope you get lots of entries though 😘.

Snap @Susieq22 😂

View attachment 573852
I hope they specify what the ‘juice’ is. Lock up your ponies...

I was thinking the same....to light the bbq.
With some of those winning tins of peaches grilled in honey, brown sugar and rum. 😋 Oh, and vanilla ice cream.
(Sorry to go off topic, I haven't had breakfast or lunch today...)
Finished with a squeeze of lime...and coconut ice cream? Yes please!!

The peaches aren’t worth the books.
🚨⬅🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅ THREAD TITLE right there!!! (I never want this thread to end 😭)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Why just peaches !!,what about pears,pineapple and prunes ! and would a 'bundle ' of books be 20 old copies of GFFBD ...

P.S forgot mandarins .

• Haha
Reactions: 29
As much as I'd like #PeachesforPoca to happen, we shouldn't all enter, as proven with the Del Monte lives, it was only us watching! We don't want Del Monte thinking people want to win a bundle of her books! They might renew the collab!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The drying mushrooms and then not reconstituting them is so weird. It’s a way of preserving them when they aren’t in season. I buy them from the Chinese supermarket and soaked then used are delicious. Expensive for me, but the flavour is amazing and you don’t need a lot. It’s the flavour that is the thing, really.

Reactions: 29
We used to have tinned peaches in jelly for pudding at school. Pretty crap really when you just want a nice bit of Tottenham cake.

I might enter the contest anyway. If I win, I’ll fill a paddling pool with tinned peaches and sit in it. Videos will be for sale on Onlyfans.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
He's bought himself a separate flat to write in now, so I wonder. He is a lovely guy though, comes up this way quite often. The village of Naver in his latest book is my nearest large village in disguise, he was up here most of the summer he wrote it.
I don't blame him...! His flat overlooks the Meadows, as does my office, and over the past few weeks it's just been rammed with hundreds of partying people.

He's been quite vocal about his disappointment about the huge mess left behind every morning. And there's only one toilet block 😬

Please Ian, Pleeease!!! Read the threads! Don't be duped.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Alas she's been blue tick bumlicking him for ages.
Yes I recall from when I was addicted to this place before 😂 she even had her sights set on Val McD at one point too 🙈

He replies to loads of people, blue tick or no. I'm guessing he almost certainly is not familiar with her body of work.
I've said it before but I have no idea how he finds the time to write books, appear at events and ask me out for drinks on two occasions with the amount of time he spends on Twitter.
Not to triangulate myself or anything but I know him through my work. He’s a great guy but to quote one of his brilliant Rebus insults, I think Jack is a bit of a “tampon” and needs to stop trying to hang off his coat tails.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
He replies to loads of people, blue tick or no. I'm guessing he almost certainly is not familiar with her body of work.
I've said it before but I have no idea how he finds the time to write books, appear at events and ask me out for drinks on two occasions with the amount of time he spends on Twitter.
He's rubbish at making soda bread. The one in Tesco's is crap

• Haha
Yeah I think the thing is, is that she paints herself as some sort of leftwing activist. But only when she thinks she can do a viral tweet, she doesn't care otherwise, it's all about *her* numbers. Which is why she seems to find it so difficult to even retweet anyone else, without some sort of comment on it (never mind just, you know, liking other people's posts). What she does is the opposite of collective action, because she wants to stick herself at the forefront of any activism, instead of just quietly supporting the people who are actually trying to make change.
But Jack is quietly supporting people so quietly, so softy soft and gently, that no one can hear.

It is almost as if she isn't there.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I might enter the contest anyway. If I win, I’ll fill a paddling pool with tinned peaches and sit in it. Videos will be for sale on Onlyfans.
And if I win, I’ll make myself a peaches dress a la Gaga’s meat dress. I’ll eat it afterwards #zerowaste and upload it to mums gone wild.com

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Val McD is a friend of mine 🔺 she’s nice to everyone and nobody’s fool. It’s odd that Jackosticko attaches herself constantly to some people.
They have enough friends, Jackotwoeyeballs.
Find your own. I mean proper friends not twitter friends. People you actually see.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
surely it has to be 12 tins, 365 would be a pallet delivery? Where would you keep them?
We once won a years supply of a something, it was indeed a pallet full - 365. Nobody liked the thing and it sat in the hallway for probably a year, while my mum constantly tried to palm it off on visitors. I can’t say what it is, because anyone who has known me for 30+ years has tripped over it while trying to get through the house. Maybe my mum entered the comp for a laff?

I enter competitions when I’m in the mood, and I’m thinking of how I can sell it even as I’m putting my details in. Hmmmm....I wonder how much I could get for a pallet of Mel Donte’s finest, with Jack Monroe written all over them?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
The banter. Oh the oh mate, great to see you soon.
It’s just people she has met in places . Probably more higher profile, it’s the latching on all the time.
That is not networking, Jackolatcho. Networking opens up a meaningful mutual exchange somewhere along the line. She has been so lucky with the poverty niche. Gets but doesn’t give.
Meh.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.