Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love peaches šŸ‘, just not tinned ones. I don't hate cats, they are just not my pet of choicešŸ¦œ. I could always sort out your cutlery drawer, whether you kept it tidy after would be up to you.šŸ“šŸ„„

I am sure we would get on just fine šŸ˜šŸ˜˜šŸ„°

@MancBee are you the source of the Manchester green parrots? (Bored of Jack's non tweeting so starting my own rumours/chaos) šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 29
@MancBee are you the source of the Manchester green parrots? (Bored of Jack's non tweeting so starting my own rumours/chaos) šŸ˜…
Unfortunately no. Rumour has it that they were let free when they closed Belle Vue Zoo in 1977. They managed to find places for all the big animals, but just opened the cages for the little birds.

Though I like your rumour better.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
He's bought himself a separate flat to write in now, so I wonder. He is a lovely guy though, comes up this way quite often. The village of Naver in his latest book is my nearest large village in disguise, he was up here most of the summer he wrote it.
Do the sheep think heā€™s alright though?
I just cooked a thai red curry. Micro rice. I used the blue dragon thaipastepot, a stock cube, a few handfuls of frozen veg (green beans, peppers, sweet potato) frozen onion and garlic. Half a tin of coconut milk. The rest of the tin is frozen for the next curry. Microwave rice. I think this probably didnā€™t cost much for two generous servings. Itā€™s tasty and a kid could do It with supervision. Itā€™s like cooking isnā€™t actually that hard?it bleeping was yesterday because I couldnā€™t stand up so I just ate Jaffa cakes and crisps

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I'm very disappointed in myself. I have been influenced. Last night I dreamt I made a stirfry and put sugar puffs in it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
You'd never get a fringe that straight with embroidery scissors, it would be too much little snipping. Plus the scissors would be fucked for sewing usage after going through hair, especially thick hair like Jack's.

I'm in the professionally done camp. And it was done that day too, not the few days she claims.
Yup, looking at the top, that's professional. I cut my own fringe but I use my late mother's proper hairdressing scissors, lovingly retained since her apprenticeship. I deliberately make it choppy as it's a nightmare to get straight. In addition, my hair waves, particularly on short bits like a fringe, so that uneven bits are hidden and even a professional cut looks horribly uneven in five minutes of drying.

My heart dropped at the fringe pic as I was already regretting my (cheap as Covid chips as I am POOR) yellow Mac - went on a weekend jaunt to a seaside town šŸ”ŗ and every other woman of a certain age was wearing one. I am a woman of a certain age. Am I older Jack?
I've got one too - a couple of years ago from George at Asda!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
It seems the ā€œcompetitionā€ is just a set of advertorials being run on a load of magazine websites - didnā€™t click through them all but I imagine they are all in the same publishers stable.

104 cans! Not too shabby - I would keep half a dozen and give the rest to a food bank but I wonā€™t enter because it offers credence to the idea that Del Monte and Jack Monroe is a partnership of worth. Plus, I donā€™t want the damn books! One of the comper kings and queens can have fun thinking of ways to eat the damn things!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
It seems the ā€œcompetitionā€ is just a set of advertorials being run on a load of magazine websites - didnā€™t click through them all but I imagine they are all in the same publishers stable.

104 cans! Not too shabby - I would keep half a dozen and give the rest to a food bank but I wonā€™t enter because it offers credence to the idea that Del Monte and Jack Monroe is a partnership of worth. Plus, I donā€™t want the damn books! One of the comper kings and queens can have fun thinking of ways to eat the damn things!
Wow, what a find! 104 cans... but how many books?

I couldnā€™t believe lifedeathprizes .com was a real website but here it is. (No shade to them though, I love ā€trashyā€œ things and have some very lowbrow tastes šŸ¤£)

C5698426-45B3-4529-9EFA-057011160AB7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Plan.

We all enter.

The four winners are all tattlers.

We give all of the peaches to Poca.

We send the bungles of books to the various copyright libraries around the U.K. (BL, Bodleian, Cambridge UL, National library of Wales, National library of Scotland) with handwritten notes telling them how worried we are that these national treasures will be lost from history and that these copies are to be kept with Newtonā€™s Principia Mathematica/Darwinā€™s first edition/ The Cuthbert Gospel.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Plan.

We all enter.

The four winners are all tattlers.

We give all of the peaches to Poca.

We send the bungles of books to the various copyright libraries around the U.K. (BL, Bodleian, Cambridge UL, National library of Wales, National library of Scotland) with handwritten notes telling them how worried we are that these national treasures will be lost from history and that these copies are to be kept with Newtonā€™s Principia Mathematica/Darwinā€™s first edition/ The Cuthbert Gospel.
Before donating the bungle we have to take a recipe each and cook it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Before donating the bungle we have to take a recipe each and cook it
Can we all make wicker men too and present the resulting slop/brick bread/fluorescent cakes to the statues at the solstice?

We can all wave and chant and dance in synchrony around the country as the sun rises on the beautiful June day.

(Long week, sorry for going off piste again. This is what happens when Jack isnā€™t here.)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
On what frequency of consumption have they worked 104 cans out to be a years worth of tinned peaches?

I love tinned peaches for the record, my gran used to give us tinned peaches and ice cream and Iā€™ve been known to indulge in the same even though my Gran is DEAD!
One thing is for certain, I have actively avoided del monte since they partnered with jack monroe, the peoples pov

• Haha
Reactions: 37
it would be usual in rehab to address other, neglected, health concerns. dental, gynae, etc so she may well be having treatment for these too. But she is definitely a rehab outpatient.
You know, I think you could be right here!
Nothing else quite fits totally.
Can you IMAGINE being in rehab with Jack Monroe!
That would be an absolute nightmare.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.