Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But that’s all anything ever these days, no? - less an effective means of public service, more creating a social justice issue out of thin air and giving some no-mark an opportunity to promote themselves.
Every day the film Idiocracy becomes less of a dystopian comedy about the future and more like a documentary.

Reactions: 28
As someone who has both written for the public and evaluated public information, if we found that kind of result from our effectiveness research, what we'd do is find another way to say it that made sense to the targeted group of our audience, then retest understanding with a larger sample size. We would not find someone who can barely use the English language effectively and have them be really odd on camera and punt it out on Twitter as a solution. Language usage changes. Tariff can mean a few different things. Literacy levels in the UK are not good. Just pick a more accessible word.

How many under 25 year olds have bills in their own names. Renting often means you get no choice about these. So no wonder lots of them have no idea what it means.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don't get why she is doing this anyway.

I mean she's a food writer/ spoiler. I know people who are skint need cheap bills too, but shouldn't she stick to her niche. I mean you don't see nigella going over to British gas and stating can understand their complex bills because she is a real chef and a daughter of a literal Baron.

It really makes me believe she is a complete sellout and that none of matters as long as their wads of ££ involved.
There's only one person I take any notice of when it comes to money and budgets, and that is Saint Martin of Lewis - I only wish it was Sir! Not Fack, of all people!.
Just to add, I was having a wander on tinterweb last night, and the amount of tie-ins and collabs Fack has done is astounding. I may put together a spreadsheet over the weekend to show you, dear Fraus.
I know we have the wiki and all, but to see the list is a real eye opener!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
There's only one person I take any notice of when it comes to money and budgets, and that is Saint Martin of Lewis - I only wish it was Sir! Not Fack, of all people!.
Just to add, I was having a wander on tinterweb last night, and the amount of tie-ins and collabs Fack has done is astounding. I may put together a spreadsheet over the weekend to show you, dear Fraus.
Doing the LJC'S work, thank(space)you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
That sounds amazing from a grift exposing point. If you have got time please do it. Seeing it all laid out would really put things into perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wonder how much Octopus Energy donated to charity? We all know for certain that's a part of every partnership/piece of paid work JM does because she said so. That's why her rent keeps bouncing isn't it. Because of all the charity/selfless stuff she does.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I'm with Octopus, you do have a referral link to share. You receive £50 credit on your account for each person who signs up on your recommendation. With £50 credit for the person who clicks on your link to open an account. Maybe Jack is wanting to share the link to get bagfuls of ££. ( you get a free spin the wheel too to have the chance to win credit each month when you input your meter reading).
I am losing my mind.
As you were .
ETA I am seriously a teensy bit worried about my memory. Or maybe I’ve gone a bit lockdown stir crazy. Or it’s Jacks fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
View attachment 572203
Jack tried to reposting it correctly but must have changed their mind as it was quickly deleted.
Guessing today’s not a treatment day considering this faffing around on Twitter.
She can't understand the terminology on her bills but she certainly knows how to order a shedload of very expensive Cotswold sideboards the disingenuous mendacious 🛎🔚

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I am losing my mind.
As you were .
ETA I am seriously a teensy bit worried about my memory. Or maybe I’ve gone a bit lockdown stir crazy. Or it’s Jacks fault.
I bet it’s the bolded parts. Seriously.
If it makes you feel any better, today I spent longer than I’d like to admit trying to figure out if “January 2020“ was this year or last year 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Urgh that squirmy smug little dance she did at the end over getting one over on SB made me want to wipe the smirk off her chops 🤬
Celebrating getting one over on the person with least power or agency in the room is really not healthy for a person, or their relationships, or their public image. It's like duper's delight, they think no-one can see it, but it's fully visible.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Not around here much, but I would like some attention and validation of my conventional good looks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
They saw the Dip Dab photo and thought she was their target audience. Where’s Nev Schulman when you need him ey Octopus?
My god you’re right, we need Nev!!!

Did she eck as like cut that east London fringe herself.

Vlad has blessed my Facebook again and he’s really trolling me now. Oh Vladimir🤣
1258B142-9948-43D5-BFA9-BFDAD01D7629.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.