Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely think we put more thought into what Jack does than Jack. You watch, we'll be an entirely self-sustaining industry by the end of the year if she maintains this current level of output. We've already got brave souls testing the recipes (well someone has to), we made up the majority of the audience for whichever live she fucked up last time, and we're definitely on top of ripping the piss out of it all. Maybe we could nominate a poster each month to lie on Twitter.

Reactions: 35
I'm going in on the jackfruit pineapple monstrosity. I have everything but tinned pineapple and dried mixed herbs, but I do have all the dried herbs that make up dried mixed herbs, so I will use those, but I SHAN'T be decanting them into a different jar for the sheer hell of it. It'll either be tomorrow
or next week when I can pick up some pineapple.

Reactions: 53
Just putting my hand up to say don't volunteer me as a tribute if this recipe testing gets that far! Too nauseous today to even look at her alleged recipes.

Thank(space)you @traumatised sideboard for deciphering the owl champagne thing. I'm normally good at puzzles but I've the fog brain today.

Reactions: 23
Was a bit miffed that Dua Lipa forgot to thank Jack last night in her acceptance speech at the Brits as she called for a pay rise for healthcare workers. Don't worry Dua, it's only the bloody founder of the hashtag.

Reactions: 75
Was a bit miffed that Dua Lipa forgot to thank Jack last night in her acceptance speech at the Brits as she called for a pay rise for healthcare workers. Don't worry Dua, it's only the bloody founder of the hashtag.
I work in healthcare and the nurses and carers cannot stop going on about what a difference Jack Monroe and #thunderclapforcarers made, she's basically idolised in these parts and..no I can't, sorry.

Reactions: 63
Sorry for quoting myself like a tit but I just realised the irony of the only thing I haven't got in my storecupboard and have never bought is the thing that I'm supposed to have around and need all these maverick ideas for using up.

I also have no idea what I'm supposed to serve it with as the green stuff/rice? in the picture isn't even mentioned.

Reactions: 32
Serve it with curry.

Reactions: 36
I'm just chatting to a friend who's a bit skint at the moment and decided to take advantage of that 'too good to go' app where you can get cheap bags of near end-date food from various shops.

I asked him to let me know what he gets as I'm always looking for ways to have more money to spend on shite save money on food. Last text says 'magic bag was disappointing, crab sticks and custard anyone?' and I'm sorely tempted to point him in the direction of this thread, except I do quite enjoy his company and would like that to continue.

Reactions: 49
Probably should serve it with salmonella or campylobacter for authenticity @Fruitjack maybe some unidentifiable tin juice from a previous meal?

I want to make one of Jack's recipes and I have almost all the ingredients for the one I want to do in mind but I feel like it might be unfair to veganise a recipe and have it fail because I didn't use exactly the right ingredients, even though all ingredients are interchangeable. Not that I think it's really possible to make her recipes worse than intended either.

Reactions: 31
I made the lasagne once - I’m never chopping that many mushrooms that fine again. It was bad.

Reactions: 38
Excellent reviews. How is it possible that nobody checks these recipes before they go in to books?! I feel bad for people wasting their money on her recipes.

I get these from my local Greggs and Costa sometimes, great for lunch/sweet treats as they give you loads! The Costa one I picked up Sunday had 2 (100%) vegan ciabatta rolls, breakfast wrap, breakfast roll, 2 Portuguese custard tarts and a bake well tart. For £3.

Reactions: 38
Which one?

Reactions: 14
I was really proud of myself for getting it! I think my brain works so well because of my diet (I don’t eat anything Fack makes)

Have you tried olio?

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.