Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for bringing this important issue to light, Poca. I donated to Jack's fund (I wish this were a jokey tweet but it really isn't!!) as I couldn't bear the thought of our maverick slop princess going without vital Yakult and kombucha. She needs something to help get all the brick cakes down after all and I think she left her slow cooker at LJ Compton's so she can't make tea. Plus you get an exclusive signed photo of Jack and every month you get sent a postcard with a picture of her latest incarnation and an update on her legal proceedings against the cabal.

As for Clyde, I hope nobody was planning to sleep tonight.

clyde the caterpillar2.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
This made me think of Jack a lot. It’s all a bit weird, because this woman is now writing a book about how a need for validation nearly broke her. So it’s still within the cycle of the the things that she identifies as problematic.

It is fascinating to compare to what we’ve all deduced about Jack. Bella was kept awake at night thinking about social media, the need for validation, and the blurred lines, became all-consuming. She was obsessed with her own popularity, despite using an alter ego.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This made me think of Jack a lot. It’s all a bit weird, because this woman is now writing a book about how a need for validation nearly broke her. So it’s still within the cycle of the the things that she identifies as problematic.

It is fascinating to compare to what we’ve all deduced about Jack. Bella was kept awake at night thinking about social media, the need for validation, and the blurred lines, became all-consuming. She was obsessed with her own popularity, despite using an alter ego.

Oh thanks I used to follow her, she was hilarious. Gonna have a read.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thanks for bringing this important issue to light, Poca. I donated to Jack's fund (I wish this were a jokey tweet but it really isn't!!) as I couldn't bear the thought of our maverick slop princess going without vital Yakult and kombucha. She needs something to help get all the brick cakes down after all and I think she left her slow cooker at LJ Compton's so she can't make tea. Plus you get an exclusive signed photo of Jack and every month you get sent a postcard with a picture of her latest incarnation and an update on her legal proceedings against the cabal.

As for Clyde, I hope nobody was planning to sleep tonight.

View attachment 555516
Actual LOL 1. was @LennyBriscoe ’s elephant joke.
Actual LOL 2. was “I think she left her slow cooker at LJ Compton's so she can't make tea”
Also, why does Clyde look like a bootleg Shrek that you see in memes?

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Wow. This reminds me of some people I know. It’s scary.

The bit about getting the post with thousands of likes in an hour, then feeling low because she couldn’t recreate that... must be how a certain influencer of the year felt after her big attention seeking post that was followed by crickets.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’d like to say at this moment isn’t it lucky she isn’t an actual single parent. She’s been away for 2 weeks now?
I have several friends whose child’s ‘fathers’ have zero involvement. I’m glad child has a good alternative parent.

I’m assuming she is in some kind of rehab at the moment. I have a GP friend who works in the rough end of a major city and he regularly gets patients asking to be sent to rehab. Most people don’t realise it doesn’t exist unless you pay for it and it’s certainly beyond their reach.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack is soooooo boring right now. The cabal is on top form though.

Do we think when Jack proposed to LJC, she just resued one of her old engagement rings for LJC? One from the box of rings that she keeps by the drawer of cocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She’s not watching PBS. She’s watching Still Game re-runs, and specifically the episode where Isa’s addiction to adopting animals spins out of control

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Speaking of following Jack's accounts...
View attachment 555651
Why are we not surprised 🙄 you’d think after the whining about 'no support' yada yada etc she would be on the ball this year.
I discovered something interesting re that support apparently if you have accepted this it can have a negative affect on your credit rating!

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I’d like to say at this moment isn’t it lucky she isn’t an actual single parent. She’s been away for 2 weeks now?
I have several friends whose child’s ‘fathers’ have zero involvement. I’m glad child has a good alternative parent.

I’m assuming she is in some kind of rehab at the moment. I have a GP friend who works in the rough end of a major city and he regularly gets patients asking to be sent to rehab. Most people don’t realise it doesn’t exist unless you pay for it and it’s certainly beyond their reach.
Been away 4 weeks, this weekend will be taking us into the fifth. Tbh looking back her house had no sign of a child in it, so this shouldn’t be as shocking to me as it has been 🤷🏻‍♀️

Squiggles like this show how well duped she has people that she’s skint.

ADD19AB9-B75A-4AB4-A4F5-9DB0849154A8.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
On the deep-fried Colin chat, the Colin that was deep-fried this week on Radio 1 had been frozen in advance to avoid the whole melty face issue.

Mini Colins were also deep-fried, and judged to be superior to full Colin. Which has now got me thinking, surely the optimal thing to deep fry next is those little chocolate mini rolls in a tub from M&S? They’re quite sturdy and I think the chocolate is thick enough to maintain the structural integrity.

I do know this is fully OT btw, but Jack of No Trades is just too dull right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Mom did an episode in Nigella Bites with deep fried bounty bars.

I have had several deep fried foods when I was at a state fair in the US and I did like deep fried Oreos (which unfried I don't care a lot about). They were like a donut with filling. (Was less convinced by a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich)

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Mom did an episode in Nigella Bites with deep fried bounty bars.

I have had several deep fried foods when I was at a state fair in the US and I did like deep fried Oreos (which unfried I don't care a lot about). They were like a donut with filling. (Was less convinced by a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich)
I had deep fried oysters in Mississippi once, it was like eating deep fried bogies. Deep fried pickles were amazing though.
Our local chippy does a dessert option of pizza crunch calzone made with Bounty bars.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
There is a traditional dish in Asturias called cachopo, which is two ENORMOUS deep-fried steaks stuffed with serrano ham and cheese. You can't eat for about a week afterwards.

1551288938_721683_1551289491_noticia_normal.jpg

If you're vegan, you can have a tin of jackfruit instead.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.