Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'This might make you chuckle, Philippe'

Philippe from beyond the grave

'it bleeping won't'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Why on earth was that deemed publish worthy, its like something written as a school assignment? And is it declared as an advertising feature because that certainly seems to be the case

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
But this was online however long ago? Is she seriously being doubly paid by Delicious AND Del Monte for this abomination?? That’s mendacious, even by Jack’s standards!
Contractually is it okay to be whoring recipes around? Aren't those Del Monte abominations "exclusive"?
Why do this if it takes a maverick brain 20mins, one & done? It's just sheer laziness isn't it?

Delicious just why
Salty tears in my eyes
I cry
For Jack Monroe, they lie
Don't try
Sigh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Call me puerile, but squint at that and tell me that “Jack” doesn’t look a lot like “duck” in that typeface.
DE3B71A9-0AA4-4EB2-AB5A-D8DC348DDC43.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 155
This has made me laugh so much. She's really taken the whole 'writing to a person in the past' thing literally hasn't she? It's like one of those essays they get kids to do in about Year 7 to get them to consider the changes in technology/society over time. Absolutely howling that she thought it necessary to include a little section on what a supermarket is for Philippe. Love, you aren't actually writing to him, this is supposed to be illustrative, for your audience (PEOPLE NOW), they know what a bleeping supermarket is and that we have fancy tin cans. What was the point in any of this? LJC. Shittest advertorial ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I’m getting a bit hysterical, I can’t stop laughing at that letter to dear heart Philippe!

I got my kids to write letters to Victorian children about the present day, when I’d run out of brain activities for them during lockdown. They were like “hello cockney urchin, I’ve got an Amazon fire tablet which you could play Minecraft on if you hadn’t died in the workhouse. Have you got fruit winders?” they were so bad 😂

This is NOT what Philippe would have wanted!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
Going to spend far too much time composing a letter to Jack Monroe-Of-The-Past telling her about all the modern things we have now, like banana bread and the many famous tv series of the noughties.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Absolutely howling that she thought it necessary to include a little section on what a supermarket is for Philippe. Love, you aren't actually writing to him, this is supposed to be illustrative, for your audience (PEOPLE NOW), they know what a bleeping supermarket is and that we have fancy tin cans.
I am deceased 🤣

She even told Philippe that cans “come with ring pills now”.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.