Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
To be fair, everyone's reaction to booze is different, and there are different kinds of alcoholics out there.
I think heavy drinking (and drinking in general) is far too normalised in certain areas of society - students for one; although we're meant to be more sober in recent years I haven't seen that reflected much in my cohort). Thus, it can be hard for people to actually realise that they're addicted to alcohol, as it's so accepted that you'll go out and have a bit much to drink, or drink on every occasion you see your friends. I know a lot of people who aren't 'classic' alcoholics, yet will drink to the point of passing out if given the space and supply. Their friends see it as 'funny' so it's become a part of their personality, which ofc makes it even more difficult for them to recognise the danger it's causing.
I agree with this.when I was a student was an occasion when I drank too much because at the time I was dealing with some shit. I now very rarely drink and never to get drunk. I never enjoyed the being drunk aspect it scared me.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Shawads

VIP Member
"Hello Reception how can I help you?"

"Good morning, for our records, do your fridges have caraffes in them? Are you cupbaords blue? What brand of Smeg fridge do you have? Do you sterilise your yakult? Would you provide Kimchi in an imaginary mini bar for someone in recovery?"

"I'm calling the police."
First belly laugh of the day. Thank space you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
Exhibit A — contrast to the new GQ article.

Exhibit B (dancing?!?) - imagine the other people’s reaction present. Polite on the outside and horror filled on the inside.
Wait, who was in 6 inch block heels? Why?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
  • Haha

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Hi, been ages since I posted last or was able to keep up because these threads fill up fast, also, I've been VERY BUSY.

Am seeing reference to the 'school' tweets and something about the ICO - can anyone recall which threads these were on so I can catch up 🙏
The ICO stuff starts around here: post #70, thread #177:

• Heart

Bombastic

I was making poached egg for my lunch and I had to overdo them because I was scared they will end up raw like Jack's ☺

• Haha

Carmina-Piranha

Chatty Member
The foreword for Jack Monroe's Recovery Recipes by Jack Monroe:

They still wouldn't stop. Even though they knew that I was battling long-held demons, the internet bullies turned to mercilessly mocking my appearance, comparing me to pieces of crockery.

I took a deep breath, although inside I was howling like a shewolf in heat. This band of mithering ninnies, with their shadowy connections to Germany and Russia, had already destroyed my relationship and attempted to sabotage my flourishing career. I had even heard rumours that one of them, based in Manchester, had told Marcus Rashford not to work with me again, accusing me of attempting to murder him through unconventional soup ingredients.

I knew that this time, I couldn't let the trolls win.

I furiously cracked an egg into a cold frying pan, turned on the heat, and added a lick of lard and plenty of black pepper. As the egg cooked for precisely 45 seconds - the ideal time for a runny yolk and wobbly white, transluscent as the skin on an old man's hand - I told myself that I would be strong. I would turn this around.

It was not the first time I'd faced adversary. Back when I was a destitute single mum, my son once looked up at me from his bowl of Weetabix mashed with water and asked...
(cont. pg 48)
I am grunking on lunch, sitting in my car and howling 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Can we hear wailing and clawing the floor yet? I've just watched the Tom Kerridge cook-along and it's funny, easy to follow and everything the wee smol pixie isn't...and up in her niche 🤣
Edit to add Sunday chaos incoming!
View attachment 545245
It does look really good, and barring the chicken, I have everything in already. Definitely making it at some point, as daughter keeps saying she wants to make tea.

• Heart