Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
The password is the equivalent of a child writing: ‘I love ponies’ on a scrapbook about ponies. I’m sure anyone could figure it out and the post is still there on her website?
Just felt like a set-up - plus! Don’t want us to correct her sloppy writing for free - she gets enough stuff gratis as it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Have we seen this? Squiggled to maintain that all important privacy.

View attachment 541045

Damn they really got us here. Don't think I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that FedoraBot hangs out on here and reports back all the nasty things those meanies say about m'lady 🥴
Are we meant to feel scared? Or ... chastened? Just a bit creepy, mate. Please go and draw a white knight bot and watch The Abyss or sommat.

• Haha
  • Heart

bladiesla

VIP Member
Is she really going to try and take some sort of credit for the Kerridge/Rashford collaboration? All she has done, of late, is demonstrate her increasing irrelevance and unreliability with her book deadlines, shill for Del Monte (and Tile, for free), eat Polish junk food, jollof rice a paella, poison herself with Christ knows what sort of weird maverick concept of a dish, and pretend to have a serious illness which requires intensive TREATMENT!

I would love it if SOMEONE, ANYONE! would highlight to both the chaps about this coat tail hanging on. It’s a disgrace. Imagine being a top flight chef and footballer - both come across as not having enough hours in the day, and old lazy bones here alludes to being in the thick of it. I would be incensed.
I think it's not worth it for TK or MR to address the coat tail hanging. Both have professions where you need to focus on your own performance and your team to achieve success, an ignore whatever distraction comes along. Better to wait untill they drop off the bandwagon by themselves. I think they won't address coat tail hanging unless in transforms in to flying monkey attack. (JM can't afford that so she'll distract with some nonsense before then).

This is also where they differ hugely form JM. Kerridge and Rashford are succesfull because they obviously work had, can focus and commit themselves (and they have lots of skills and talent). Jack just flaps about on social media, complains a lot, and sometimes gets things like free phone trackers sent to them after a weird story in the 'that didn't happen category'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Important to note, I think, that this fan of Jack's, to whom Jack chose to respond, is a true blue tory, who likes to volunteer as a food bank and hand out Jack's recipes for clout, even while working for a party which is responsible for people needing food banks in the first place.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 08.57.41.png

• Angry
  • Sad

colouredlines

VIP Member
I've always thought that a lot of the Jack defenders don't really follow her recipes. Most of us, once we know how to cook, change recipes without even thinking about it.

Like...you know how almost every recipe in the world underestimates the time it takes to soften onions? We just automatically cook the onions for longer, without really thinking about it. We change cooking time, fiddle with ingredients and quantities, and so on.

I think a lot of squiggles probably do this. They start with a Jack recipe but, in the process of making it, tweak and alter until it's very different from what appears on the page. Then at the end they go, "Great recipe!"

Meanwhile, if you don't already know how to cook, you follow the instructions to the letter and end up with something inedible.

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
View attachment 541117

Reassuring that Twitter isn't 100% sheeple. From a non-troll account too.
Kids are going to relate way more to a young footballer, and feel more comfortable with Tom than they would a nervous, twitchy, unprepared Jack. I bet, if you showed the cabal children any of her stuff, they'd be very unimpressed. And kids will tell you outright if they think you're shit too.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
Oh LJC I called my cats smolbots t'other day! I've also been saying handsnomes from the Hinch thread. Can you tell I spend a lot of time on my own?
Babe, same x
Since I don't speak English anymore on a day to day basis my main linguistic influences are the Frauen. Lord Jesus Christ on a bike when I travel to the UK again, I'll speak Coven only and can be 🔺 immediately. But only by a fellow Frau 🥰.

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
@People-huv-tae-know you've put the entire situation into perspective here. I wish this could be blasted out to everysquig taking up for Jack today. Childhood poverty is nothing like adult poverty, especially if one has had a comfortable upbringing.
Brava.

• Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
Can someone spoiler this before @MancBee sees that catastrophic corner of hell 😂😂😂😂 fetch the smelling salts!
Too bloody late, I've seen it. 😂

Seriously, I may appear to be a bit over the top about keeping things tidy and clean, but I'm not really. I do understand that when you have kids it's different. But Jack just takes clutter, hoarding and dirty to another level.

There were seven of us as kids in a three bed house, and it was never as dirty or untidy as the state of that. My mum (or dad for that matter) wouldn't allow it to get to that state.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
The thing about Tom and Marcus that gives them edge in addition to integrity, talent and genuine empathy, is the fact that they experienced poverty as children. Jack didn't. Tom and Marcus will be able to remember how they felt and empathise with children today. They will understand the anxiety, fear, confusion, humiliation, the longing and the hunger that you feel as a poor and hungry child. They will be able to get straight to the heart of the matter. The other good thing in this case is that they are both men and Marcus in particular will be an idol to kids and especially black boys.
This is so important because cooking is still seen as a woman's job. These men will be able to help normalise the idea of men cooking and bring those skills to boys who might otherwise feel unseen in society or maligned and written off as not talented because they maybe struggled at school.
This is the toxic bootstrap ethos again though. I hate that assumption that you can just pull yourself up by your bootstrap and achieve success through hard work alone. It does not take into account the fact that you might be a black boy living in an inner city slum. You are a nice kid but life is tough. You only have one parent and you are living in poverty. School is difficult and you don't get the one to one help you need as the teachers are over worked and under supported. Eventually you might be coerced or feel peer pressure to join a gang/take drugs/commit petty crime, it's more fun than studying and there is nothing else to do. Your mum works all hours and doesn't have the time to encourage you to study or learn how to cook. Society judges you automatically based on your skin colour, you are automatically viewed as a criminal and why should you respect the police when they are known for brutality and racism? The media and politicians, monarchy and ruling classes are inherently racist too and have created a nepotic system to keep the jobs and money at an unattainable level. They make no secret of viewing the rest of society as plebs and worker drones either so again why have any loyalty or desire to do good?

With all that and more against you, it is little wonder that the bootstrap ideology fails. People like Jack and her tory pals conveniently and frequently overlook their privilege.
I really hope Jack reads this comment and hangs her head in shame. She's a liar and a grifter, she never intended to help anyone but herself.

This is a brilliant post ♥

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
wow, man who spends loads of time on the internet (yes, like I do) lurks on a forum that thousands of people lurk on. I'm quaking in my boots

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack's fans are the worst. This is from a bretxiteer.

View attachment 541019

TBH I think she'll rather enjoy people implying that Marcus and Tom are stealing her thunder, she won't want to shut it down because the more its out there the more 'true' it gets, in her mind. She cares less about the cause than she does about her own publicity.
she won’t promote it. She will only comment. She doesn’t promote things unless she’s paid to (too busy tweeting about diarrhoea).

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Did anyone else see this? It’s bloody (scuse the pun) amazing. Why isn’t Jacktavist all over this, leave the kickyball for the grownups. Poverty isn’t just about rinsing beans, this is a huge problem for poor girls and women and she should be shouting her ouchy mouth off at Boris/the government about the price of sanitary products. Got to love Lidl got to love Ireland - this is so impressive let’s hope it’s adopted worldwide.
View attachment 538566
Wow, good on Lidl! This is another of their own brand things which is decent too, and typical Lidl, “Siempre“ is Spanish for “always“ 😎

Definitely the sort of thing Jack should be raising awareness of, although I do think mentioning the free soup and beigel place is a step forwards (until the step backwards of publicly asking to donate to them).

• Heart
  • Haha

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
I do have a vintage tea set, but it's one full set. It's currently packed away until such times I get a dressed for it. I am not big into kitchen stuff, even at uni I only had the basics and made do, I once rolled out pastry with a thing of cling film. 🤣
My mum used a milk bottle. All her pies came out with Express Dairies on the pastry.

• Haha
  • Heart

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Is she really going to try and take some sort of credit for the Kerridge/Rashford collaboration? All she has done, of late, is demonstrate her increasing irrelevance and unreliability with her book deadlines, shill for Del Monte (and Tile, for free), eat Polish junk food, jollof rice a paella, poison herself with Christ knows what sort of weird maverick concept of a dish, and pretend to have a serious illness which requires intensive TREATMENT!

I would love it if SOMEONE, ANYONE! would highlight to both the chaps about this coat tail hanging on. It’s a disgrace. Imagine being a top flight chef and footballer - both come across as not having enough hours in the day, and old lazy bones here alludes to being in the thick of it. I would be incensed.

• Heart
  • Haha