Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BantzMonkey

Really hate this kind of rhetoric. It’s so divisive and reductive. So what if Tom Kerridge doesn’t have the lived experience of food poverty? He’s using his resource, know how and influence to help others who do.
The thing is though squiggle.... Tom is actually a trained chef and will come up with nice recipes that actually work and taste good. He also came from a family who struggled financially, Jack is not the only poor person in the village.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
You can't use mushroom instead of garlic that is not how this works, that is not how any of this works!
I double the garlic in most recipes I use. Imagine replacing it with mushrooms. Good God. I think I might be having a stroke.

(NB I love mushrooms, I think my point is clear)

ETA not even an onion! Christ almighty.

• Haha

Eleanor Abernathy

VIP Member
Not one newspaper/news outlet is running with the ‘Boris responded to the Super League very quickly’ angle, so why would they be contacting her for a quote about it?? Just fucking state your opinion instead of trying to make yourself seem more important by claiming it’s the opinion of the national press too.

• Heart

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
Really hate this kind of rhetoric. It’s so divisive and reductive. So what if Tom Kerridge doesn’t have the lived experience of food poverty? He’s using his resource, know how and influence to help others who do.
I think the point of TK and MR being involved (and I may be completely wrong) is that they came from poor backgrounds and also have a lived experience of living in food poverty. Oddly, JM didn’t.

• Heart

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
Jack cannot be involved in anything without talking about how much work it is. “3am wake up call”, “14 hour days”, “100 hour working weeks” FFS. Honestly these opportunities are so wasted on her.

• Heart
  • Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Tom and Marcus have a genuine experience of being poor. Both have gone on to be successful in their careers. Meanwhile Jacky has lied about her upbringing, magnified a time when she chose to struggle and doesn’t have a career successful or otherwise (unless she considers scamming vulnerable trusting people as a career). She is loathsome.
It's funny isn't it. Marcus and Tom both had genuinely poor childhoods, but have both done well for themselves, and are managing to campaign against poverty without pretending to still be poor themselves. We're not sitting here scrutinising whether they have big houses or a posh car, because they never claimed to still be poor, and secondly, aren't begging the public for money.

Honestly, ten years since that blog post and people seem to think Jack still needs to be the centre of every conversation about food banks, budget recipes etc.

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Also from the archives: Jack unleashes her flying monkeys on...Del Monte.

Here she does that Mumsnet thing where DM ripping off her recipe is worse because she's a single mum. I hate that - so if someone steals my work, that's less of a crime because I don't have children? Thanks Jack!

BTW a few gems on that site - in one thread she claims to have been earning "almost forty grand" between three jobs at 21:

...and we have the epic thread about how she can't cope in the kitchen because she's SEVERELY disabled:

@waffle maker, snap!

• Angry
  • Wow

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Found this while looking for the femme pic:

View attachment 540663
From @MrsOgre
I'm going to start by saying something nice: her hair looks lovely here and I personally think she comes across as being most natural and comfortable when she isn't trying to force the masculine aesthetic.

Now onto the important stuff:

1. Going by what she's said in the past, this video lines up with the exact time her relationship was going down the toilet, which makes it come across as even more deranged. I initially thought it was a "Look at what you're missing" message after SHE LEFT but I don't think the timeline's quite right (though I suppose I should be used to that where Jack's concerned).

2. I wasn't expecting the self-satisfied squee towards the end and I think my soul temporarily left my body through the sheer force of the cringe.

3. To bastardise a cliche, if she was slop she'd eat herself.

4. The above still from the video makes it look like she has a bellend in her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Have we seen this? Squiggled to maintain that all important privacy.

View attachment 541045

Damn they really got us here. Don't think I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that FedoraBot hangs out on here and reports back all the nasty things those meanies say about m'lady 🥴
Jack's not going to shag you mate. You're not rich or influential enough. Spend that energy you're wasting on Jack on creating better concepts.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Meanwhile it is safe to say she will never now actually work with Marcus or Tom.
They were both probably warned about her awful twitter manner and followers.
Another own goal (a kicky ball reference for Jack) and yet another bridge burned.

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Spot on. Two bed for her child I understand, but if you're saving for a deposit then keep it at that? Why do you need a three bed, three bathroom flat...

I've just had a look online and these sofas cost upwards of a grand if she's looking at an authentic leather one. They are also ugly af in my humble opinion. Very stuffy in design - don't understand why you'd want one of those aged 21.
She sold her Wedgwood and Denby collections in the Open House Sale. Again, who in their early 20s is buying that?

She's always had very strange taste - all that she cares about is the price tag.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I’m going to sound like a total creep here Blurst but IMO, you’ve done more to help people with cooking today than Jack has done in her entire career - because you’re genuine, you’re obvs passionate about it and I bet the recipes will be lush.

Now tell us again about the time you ate the towel in the restaurant 😂
Hard agree - I’ve proudly made Blurst beans many times over. @blurstoftimes have you ever thought of making a thread here where people can drop recipes for easy and nutritional meals (you could set the ball rolling 😂)

• Heart