Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I think that these are mainly the people who think Jacks recipes are wonderful for other people
I’ve always believed that Jack literally would not have her career were it not for the Guardian unquestioningly giving her a platform, simply because her food seems like the kind of food poor people should be making.

Doesn’t matter if it looks or sounds unappetising/uses weird combos of ingredients. Beggars can’t be choosers, guys 🙃

Now, off you pop and make yourself some kidney bean and pineapple curry.

1A069136-7343-4895-8731-44B8AFACA885.jpeg

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
She really thought she'd made it. That's the vibes I get from those DKL-era uploads. This was it, she was gonna be everyones new telly crush. Sadly, the only thing that ended up getting crushed was whoever gave her the job's nuts.

• Haha
  • Wow

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Was the 'treatment' last Thursday too? Who calls being in a clinic 'treatment'? Ah yes, someone who wants to cosplay having cancer.

I'm here for the total chaos that's looming over the fact her ego can't cope with someone else being a champion of cheap, nutritious food. So glad I'll be at home all night live watching.

• Haha
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
lovely hair, lovely jumper

but what I really like is the "shit, I thought I had a bobble" section towards the end

20210421_192450.jpg

• Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
Morning Fraus.

Whatever happened to Jack going into politics?
Even that was all about her wanting to be in the limelight. She wanted to go straight in as an MP. No lowly start as a local Labour councillor for her, no straight in at the top.

She has no comprehension of working your way up through hard work and determination.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
I’ve always believed that Jack literally would not have her career were it not for the Guardian unquestioningly giving her a platform, simply because her food seems like the kind of food poor people should be making.

Doesn’t matter if it looks or sounds unappetising/uses weird combos of ingredients. Beggars can’t be choosers, guys 🙃

Now, off you pop and make yourself some kidney bean and pineapple curry.

View attachment 541294
I was very poor at uni. I had many Punjabi friends who taught me how to cook dhal, chickpea curry (channa) and kidney bean curry (rajma). Kidney beans on their own, delicious. Kidney beans with pineapple?! Disgusting, I would have wasted my scant food budget following that recipe. Seriously, get to F!

Also how AWFUL that she’s not amplifying Tom and Marcus’s campaign. If it were truly close to her heart, she would. Her refusal to engage with them and their good work shows how stupid, mean and petty she really is.

• Heart

Joan of Narc

The whole point about advocacy and campaigning on any issue is that it is about building a movement, getting people involved and getting publicity for your cause. You can't be precious even if you did 'invent' something, you just have to put your ego aside and let other people run with it for the greater good.

Can confirm no one knows who Jack is.. a few months back I used her as my 'go' on a very drunken game of Zoom charades. It took a really long time for anyone to get close and then when I was forced to reveal her name there was a sea of blank faces.

• Haha
  • Heart
Pineapple hat? Been there, done that weeks ago. Typical Jack, always showing up when the party's already over.

slopbot small with hat.png

As others have said, the nutritional content of her wretched vegan meals is woefully inadequate but then again most of her other barely edible recipes are similarly lacking. I could (theoretically, if there was really nothing else available) eat the entirety of the behatted jackfruit and mushroom monstrosity myself and that's not me being LOL I'M SUCH A GREEDY GOBLIN, there's just nothing to it. It's mostly carbs which are the worst macronutrient for promoting satiety. She could use vital wheat gluten to bind the jackfruit together, it's relatively cheap and has 75g protein per 100g. For reference, jackfruit has 1.7g and mushrooms have 3.1g per 100g. Seitan has gone mad on TikTok for some reason so I'm sure we'll get a seitan recipe some time in 2035. Brought to you by #vegansagainstjackfruit

• Haha
  • Heart

PeachyP

A fab chef/home economist I follow on Instagram shared this on her stories earlier... no sign of the smol one!
901E1AAF-820B-40E6-995E-3F3E499D0027.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I’ll tell you what I don’t get, and I hope I don’t say this in a way that offends, I should preface by saying I’ve never known poverty myself. But what I don’t get it if you were really poor, and literally had to buy a weeks worth of food for say £20, WHY would you buy ‘weird’/different stuff? (I can’t think of a better word than weird I hope you understand I don’t mean ‘weird’ I mean different, e.g. not run of the mill ordinary stuff you see on the shelves in supermarkets) If you were that desperate what’s wrong with a jacket potato and beans for example? If I didn’t have much money the last thing I’d be doing would be experimenting with kidney beans and pineapple curries. I’d stick to things I knew I liked and were cheap because I couldn’t afford to waste a penny on a recipe I’d never tried before. I understand part of her remit is dealing with what you get in a food bank, but yeah if I’m way off the mark here then as you were, scroll on by and ignore me haha just something I’ve been pondering since finding jack on here
Yes, exactly.

"“Would it not be better if they spent more money on wholesome things like oranges and wholemeal bread or if they even, like the writer of the letter to the New Statesman, saved on fuel and ate their carrots raw? Yes, it would, but the point is that no ordinary human being is ever going to do such a thing. The ordinary human being would sooner starve than live on brown bread and raw carrots. And the peculiar evil is this, that the less money you have, the less inclined you feel to spend it on wholesome food. A millionaire may enjoy breakfasting off orange juice and Ryvita biscuits; an unemployed man doesn't. Here the tendency of which I spoke at the end of the last chapter comes into play. When you are unemployed, which is to say when you are underfed, harassed, bored, and miserable, you don't want to eat dull wholesome food. You want something a little bit 'tasty'. There is always some cheaply pleasant thing to tempt you.”

- George Orwell, providing a sick burn on Jack back in 1937.

• Heart
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I can only hear this in David Brent's voice.

(And oh dear. I feel a bit sorry for her with this insistence she was asked to be involved with these MR and TK initiatives. And implying she had to turn them down. We all know she'd bite their hands off. Cringe).

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
Jack has decided not to make a big deal of masterminding Tom & Marcus' campaign because...

a) she likes to work behind the scenes (despite tweeting yesterday about her willingness to donate to the beigel place)

b) she nobly chose to take a step back because she has so many trolls who would try to sabotage any project with her name on it

c) she's lying

• Haha