Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Episode 13: In Munich, Jack is softly, gently removed from Oktoberfest, after showing stallholders her card that warns not to serve her as she is an alcoholic. Knowing that the real reason event holders ejected her is because she is working class, Jack files a hate crime report with the local police.

• Haha
Reactions: 67

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Please, I think I'd need a break if Skincare Jack came on the scene. "All these women who are gaslighted into using expensive products when all you need is some vegan lard and a flannel!"
Then inevitably, someone will spot a pot of La Mer cream in her bathroom next to the eucalyptus. "That was a gift from a dear friend housemate, OKAY?!"

• Haha

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Tell me if I’m looking too deeply at this whole Polish grocery thing, but does her excitement at it give away her very middle class upbringing and surroundings?

I live near a Polish, Lithuanian, Romanian and Lebanese deli - those sort of shops are normal where I am. I think anyone who lives in an area that’s seen big immigration over the years will be completely familiar with shops like this, whether they’re Korean minimarts, Caribbean wholesalers or Halal butchers.

• Heart

Fitnessqueen

VIP Member
As the mother of large boys who were once 11 year old small boys I very much doubt he ”shrieked” with delight at an Axolotl badge no matter how cute it is.

• Haha

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
I’ve been chuckling away at all your stellar efforts, so of course I had to create one myself. I’m also totally loving the new thread title.
886E7A90-D883-44B3-B200-2FAB1593B068.jpeg

• Haha

bladiesla

VIP Member
I'll accept the hair oils don't smell much, but I do think smells (like from cooking or smoking - which nobody does anymore) will stick to the oils and therefore make your hair smell.

In lockdown I managed to go from washing my hair everyday (very oily scalp) to two/three times a week with a natural shampoo bar (I rinse it the other days) and OMG, why the hell am I boring you with this?? This is so boring, sorry.

• Haha

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
In honour of Jack I made the trek to the English shop & look at these weird fake delicje I saw!
s-l400 (1).jpg

Do you reckon they're safe to eat?

Oh, and I found this little known sauce which is incredible with a pork pie. Eat it with a spoon out the jar, slather it on pierogi, bung it in a curry...
640x640.jpg

Apparently it's a "spread" of "chocolate" how exotic!!! I think it might catch on!
Im so inspired I've decided to invent the pot noodle

ETA: what with the inspirational quotes and now the TV summaries you've all outdone yourselves, laughing out loud at these threads the last few days, love you Fraus 💕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I want to save all these inspo posts and have them printed on to a canvas, or pillows. Maybe make a quilt? I'd be divorced quick as you like but damnit, I'd be so happy.
I do feel slightly bad for laughing so much at these because I say some spectacularly dumb things and can imagine this being done to me.

But then I think about how funny I'd find it because I'm not a narcissistic meringue puff.

• Haha
  • Heart

GoLando

VIP Member
Fuck me.

Is the thing that will drive me from these threads that I can't ever be arsed to bake a fucking birthday cake??

Like, of all the mendacious shite that goes on, we are going to town on "eww shop bought birthday cakes". Jesus Christ on a unicycle.

• Haha
  • Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I like baking cakes and do a lot of it.
Also love a Colin - they’re kitsch as fuck and I’m a sweet tooth Sal. Maybe Jack baked him a cake, or someone else baked him a cake, and he also asked for a fake Colin cake. Who knows.
Different horses for different courses.
(Edited to take the shouty capitals off and get the saying right 😂)

Roadside Mum may be straight out of grifting bellend school 101, but comments on whether or not she should get a job (she says she has ME) don’t do this thread any favours. Plus, this isn’t her thread. She’s not a business account (yet).

• Heart