Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fenella

Chatty Member
This is probably really bad and I will admit I have little interest in art. I looked up Tracey emin as I wasn't aware of her body of work. I don't like it. It's like school GCSE artwork.
god, everyone on my gcse course was amazingly talented in all kinds of different disciplines and styles of art so no idea why that comment sounds like such a negative thing to hear!

Reactions: 11

L3moning

VIP Member
Well it’s not a million miles from the particular location I refer to. And absolutely on point with the East Midlands towns dying on their arse after mining/manufacturing/textiles etc ceased to exist. I pretty sure the seeds of Brexit and the now Conservative domination of the area, were planted then with the lack of support and preparation put in place when the decline kicked in. Of course, overlooked was a huge amount of EU funding used to try and prop up the area. European Regeneration funding stopped them becoming apocalyptic waste grounds but the Poles like a drink and take our jobs etc etc. Honestly, I love my home town but there is a hell of a lot I do not miss about it.
The Nancy Griffiths song "I Love This Town" always reminds me of Newark. Theres just enough sarcasm in the lyrics to fit, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

bladiesla

VIP Member
I'm on a Grunka so the convo has 100% moved on by now but...can I also be boring and ask you what shampoo bar you use? I also have a very oily scalp and am thinking of switching shampoos to see if it helps any

Also loving all the inspirational quotes! I'd say they've inspired me to be extra productive at work today but tbh they've only inspired me to skive off more...so quite Jack I suppose 😂
I had missed this earlier, but the shampoo bars I use are from Superfly. I use orange/cinnamon.

• Heart
Reactions: 9