Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bombastic

Sadly my "second gen immigrant" status (™️ Jack Monroe) is a little different from Jack's, and there are no goat herds and olive trees and fresh lemons to wax lyrical about. No, it's a far more prosaic story of my Papa gladly fleeing at the age of 15 with nothing to his name, and not much in the way of romantic stories about his homeland. Quite the opposite in fact.
So much love to you&your papa (I mean Tata obvs).

• Heart
Reactions: 16

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
It’s a decoy. In case Jack comes here on a grunk. Lads you know her fishy egg fixation gives me the BOAK and I’m worried about tomorrow. It’s the ultimate fishy Friday. I think people who aren’t even Christian join in with the fish thing on Good Friday. She s been suspiciously non-chaotic and not on social media of late....I’m worried there’s going to be a banquet of fruits de mere horror tomorrow
Wait a minute... does she celebrate Orthodox Easter? Or regular RC? Is her mum Protestant?

• Haha

Cack Slumrow

Jack didn’t seem to know about Asian supermarkets the other day so it doesn’t surprise me that she has only just discovered the wonders of Polish shops!

There are at least 2 other ones not pictured here that I can think of. Aga Sklep and Food Plus Polski Sklep. Actually they are probably technically Westcliff rather than Southend but close enough. Food Plus Polski Sklep is my current favourite, I was in there just yesterday (#NotJack) the shop used to be a Morrison’s so quite big. They always have my favourite Milka bars too!
The closest she gets to Westcliff is going past it on the train.

• Haha

sleepisforwimps

I'm on a Grunka so the convo has 100% moved on by now but...can I also be boring and ask you what shampoo bar you use? I also have a very oily scalp and am thinking of switching shampoos to see if it helps any

Also loving all the inspirational quotes! I'd say they've inspired me to be extra productive at work today but tbh they've only inspired me to skive off more...so quite Jack I suppose 😂
I use a conditioning bar by Cosy Cottage Soap and I love it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

moosesauna

Chatty Member
Course, growing up in Cyprus, we would occasionally splurge almost two quid on a box of these imposters

View attachment 508516
omfg I practically lived on stuff from this brand when I was younger and on holidays!!!! I also really liked those little strawberry cookies that were a bit like jammie dodgers - can't remember the name but they rocked!

• Wow
  • Heart

Cgenda

I like this site as it give pictures, stories and instructions. Unlike Jack 😏 https://www.mydiversekitchen.com/an-eggless-prinsesstarta-swedish-princess-cake-recipe-59547

That's not such a bad idea actually, I've found actual dead caterpillars in broccoli before. They were the same colour as the stalk and cooked. Not sure if I accidentally ate one too 🤢

On the subject of cakes, because my mum is Swedish, she always made us a Princesstårta (Princess cake). They are really pretty and she would do the marzipan in a different colour each year. I wasn't vegan as a child but I have been all my adult life and would love to try a vegan version.

Oh and the vegan version of Colin is called Charlie so even Vecreation the creator got the memo about the C.

• Wow

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Loving the little hats, so cute!

Confused by the Karama chat, as it's a suburb up the road from me - although it's known to be dodgy, so maybe that's where it got it's name from?

Since Jack is being so quiet, think I'm going to go read Thread 1.

• Haha

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
@Captainmouse I'm afraid you can't be clairvoyant as that's all up in Psychic Slopbot's niche.

Am I the only person who's never had a Colin or fake Colin? Supermarket cakes are horrid, do NOT @ me. Obviously if Jack were to supply me with a cake I'd rather it was one she'd bought as the implications of her having made me one are too disturbing to countenance 😨
I hate the colin cakes 🤢 supermarket ones are so dry

Reactions: 15

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Absolutely. If it took this pain away I'd be slathering it on in a flash. You betcha.
The key difference being you actually suffering rather than voguing but if you start to feel better go right ahead!

I'm sorry you're struggling. Pain is a bastard. I won't patronise you with suggestions ❤

• Heart

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
I failed art at school 😂

Thread 31 was amazing. She really did think she could come the big I am like on twitter, and scare everyone. No one gave her an inch, which I think must be quite rare in her life, because she's such a spoilt brat. It was fabulous!
I’ve never read it. Going there now.

• Heart

Cgenda

I use this one. I would highly recommend if you are ready , Jack

I'm on a Grunka so the convo has 100% moved on by now but...can I also be boring and ask you what shampoo bar you use? I also have a very oily scalp and am thinking of switching shampoos to see if it helps any

Also loving all the inspirational quotes! I'd say they've inspired me to be extra productive at work today but tbh they've only inspired me to skive off more...so quite Jack I suppose 😂

Attachments

• Heart