Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Wiggles is also not suitable (and almost certainly made on the same production line as Colin) so I really hope it’s not nuts!

They are still selling normal Colin alongside Easter, though supplies may vary. (Normal Colin is cheaper than the bigger Easter Colin)

For me it’s the fact she chose to say Colin to imply it’s M&S - there’s no reason she couldn’t have said “You’re never too old for a caterpillar cake from your ma” other than she’s Jack.
It probably is more aspirational wannabe over anything else, I've just always remembered the no to m&s for nut allergy sufferers as my mate is militant about them being rude to her. lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

FlashBoof

VIP Member
When did everyone decide the celebration cake had to be a caterpillar. It’s one of the very strange things about the UK
I am not sure they have! I have bought Colin’s and especially at Christmas, they do a great Yule log but I am in the “make your own” for birthdays camp.

Reactions: 14

Shawads

VIP Member
I like baking cakes and do a lot of it.
Also love a Colin - they’re kitsch as fuck and I’m a sweet tooth Sal. Maybe Jack baked him a cake, or someone else baked him a cake, and he also asked for a fake Colin cake. Who knows.
Different horses for different courses.
(Edited to take the shouty capitals off and get the saying right 😂)

Roadside Mum may be straight out of grifting bellend school 101, but comments on whether or not she should get a job (she says she has ME) don’t do this thread any favours. Plus, this isn’t her thread. She’s not a business account (yet).
And this is why you're a moderator, great post, I hope sb had a lovely love filled fun birthday.
I barely know anything about rsm so reserving judgement
Are they magnets?
I was under the impression magnet type shit and computer type shit didn't always make an ideal pairing.
I can't work out what they are

phoebuscartel

I've had some success using coconut oil and a nit comb on long wavy hair, then washing. Which would cut down on the dryness. According to my very old body shop hair book( which strangely didn't recommend no shampoo) nits are hair type specific as Afro hair is oval in cross section and Asian round with Causican a little less round. So, their little legs are only able to hold onto one type of hair
My child is the only white kid in their class at school 🔺 so I fully embrace this notion!

• Heart

Imainlylurk

It’s just that she is a ‘cook’ and ‘literal food expert’ so if anyone should make one...

anyway just saw this, it’s an April fool but waiting for Jack to wail they are all up in her niche.
Cooking slop is not really the same as baking though so can't really quibble her on this one 🤷‍♀️ I work hard to try and give my 2 year old varied, nutritious food that she likes but when it comes to baking it's either super-easy biscuits (that are mainly about decoration) or a shop-bought cake for us!

Reactions: 13

Limey

VIP Member
Off to my local polski sklep tomorrow to try these. Me and my kids love the skleps around us, it's fun discovering new things and the deli counter (& booze) is way cheaper. For a while one of ours had an ice cream parlour inside, it was the stuff of Dreams for the kids.
I remember when my kids were small being told about the herbal medicine behind the counter to help the kids sleep. It was bloody great.
Have you had Almette soft cheese? Absolute bloody delish:

I also recommend these coconut biscuits which are legit amazing:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Shawads

VIP Member
Not specific to the valleys but they slagged off (alluded to the language and food being weird) Welsh food in Jack's radio drama adaptation. About bara brith I think.

You know if anyone said Greek dish had a stupid name/was weird she'd have been up in arms 🙄
Oh god I keep forgetting about the radio adaptation.
Any good?
🙊

Reactions: 12