Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
poor cooper looks equally terrified and pissed off
Pretty sure my three wouldn't like it. They like hair ties and straws. I bought them a battery powered twirly toy and they hated it.

That fish thing had some poor reviews, mostly saying the cat was scared or indifferent.

Reactions: 21
We never saw anything. I would imagine she would’ve taken great joy in posting pictures of the test they do. I don’t doubt she was given an epipen, it’s prescribed and dispensed. I wonder if she never followed up. Also considering how well she looks in the photo, and her 3 lead ECG, I would query what the reason for the hospital visit was... we don’t usually put continual monitoring on unless it’s a cardiac issue 🤷🏼‍♀️ Usually an ECG suffices. Also where’s her swelling?! 👀

Oh, I doubt. Mainly because she did a poundshop Damien Hirst display of all her medication (majority OTC) to prove 'how disabled I am' and there wasn't a single pointy ended thing there. Or anything for inflammatory arthritis at all (unless a packet of Ibuprofen slipped through my memory since last summer). No sharps bins. Nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
There’s another tweet of her saying something like the UK is in food poverty, yet she can blissfully post her second dinner pot noodles.
Yep, all I can think about while watching her talk about this is her FREEZER FULL OF QUALITY FISH.
She's really stuck in the past, going on about Benefits Street, Jeremy Kyle, and Mick Philpott again.
She's also been talking about how great the mutual aid stuff has been during the corona virus (she didn't use the words 'mutual aid' though, bc she probably doesn't know the first thing about it), and how we should continue to help our immediate community moving forward. Sorry, but I must have missed all that stuff she's been doing wrt that over the past year, in favour of all her £££-chasing self-promotion.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Oh, I doubt. Mainly because she did a poundshop Damien Hirst display of all her medication (majority OTC) to prove 'how disabled I am' and there wasn't a single pointy ended thing there. Or anything for inflammatory arthritis at all (unless a packet of Ibuprofen slipped through my memory since last summer). No sharps bins. Nothing.
There was the picture posted earlier of her allergens alert bracelet (allergy unspecified, wonder which website she bought it off?) and there was an epipen there 🙋🏼‍♀️ I’ll go back and see, could well have been acquired from someone else. Don’t they usually prescribe them in pairs?

Reactions: 18
Yep, all I can think about while watching her talk about this is her FREEZER FULL OF QUALITY FISH.
She's really stuck in the past, going on about Benefits Street, Jeremy Kyle, and Mick Philpott again.
She's also been talking about how great the mutual aid stuff has been during the corona virus (she didn't use the words 'mutual aid' though, bc she probably doesn't know the first thing about it), and how we should continue to help our immediate community moving forward. Sorry, but I must have missed all that stuff she's been doing wrt that over the past year, in favour of all her £££-chasing self-promotion.
Her views on poverty are really contemptuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We never saw anything. I would imagine she would’ve taken great joy in posting pictures of the test they do. I don’t doubt she was given an epipen, it’s prescribed and dispensed. I wonder if she never followed up. Also considering how well she looks in the photo, and her 3 lead ECG, I would query what the reason for the hospital visit was... we don’t usually put continual monitoring on unless it’s a cardiac issue 🤷🏼‍♀️ Usually an ECG suffices. Also where’s her swelling?! 👀
Exactly this. No facial swelling, no hives just an ickle smol pixie peering wanly at her phone camera. Plus does she EVER wash her manky hands. I was a nurse for over 20 years and dealt with plenty of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis. She does not have the look of someone recovering from s life threatening emergency

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Pretty sure my three wouldn't like it. They like hair ties and straws. I bought them a battery powered twirly toy and they hated it.

That fish thing had some poor reviews, mostly saying the cat was scared or indifferent.
All the cats I’ve ever had would have looked at me as of I’d shat on the floor and expected them to be interested in it if I put that fish in front of them. Maybe I just had really unimpressed cats

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Grunking but I once shared a cigarette with Bob Hoskins...does that make me Jessica Rabbit?

(In my dreams 🤣)
Ooh I once shared a cigarette backstage with Richard Osman's brother and I've turned down drinks with Ian Rankin not once but twice. That makes me a fixture of BritPop AND Tartan Noir.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Exactly this. No facial swelling, no hives just an ickle smol pixie peering wanly at her phone camera. Plus does she EVER wash her manky hands. I was a nurse for over 20 years and dealt with plenty of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis. She does not have the look of someone recovering from s life threatening emergency
She looks quite perky, doesn’t she? For having just had a ... checks notes.... severe and potentially life threatening reaction to a trigger.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Like the pink panther she's a gentleman, a Scholar and an acrobat
She's like the character in the Leonardo Di Caprio film 'Catch Me if you can', who's a doctor, pilot and lawyer and also a con artist

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Fifth reaction in a couple of months and it was oysters! Who has oysters 5 times in a couple of months?
Just out of interest, there is an interview on Youtube from a few years ago with Allegra, in which she states that she is severely allergic to oysters. Coincidence?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She might have been swollen like a lentil that had absorbed all the liquid, with the amount of facetune in the hospital pic we will never know

• Haha
Reactions: 32
To summarise, in case you’re reading this, Jackie, and ever fancy revisiting the anaphylaxis thing. Having an allergy is not the same as having an anaphylactic trigger. Not the same at all. Nope. Not close.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.