Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
are there no asian supermarkets in southend? there are so many delicious brands of packet ramen out there! I suppose i shouldn't be surprised that Jack favours a pot noodle. Basically jack in a nutshell.
This! I love my local Asian supermarket and always have a few packets of instant ramen in the cupboard because they are delicious- and it doesn’t feel odd to add an egg to them. I used to really love the spicy one with the little man on the front but my spice tolerance went to duck a few years ago after some intensive medical treatments and now I can’t eat them without getting v v bad ouchy mouth. The broth in the spicy noodles was my favourite sick day treat!

And the plain egg noodle nests are so flavourful compared to the standard supermarket shite.
For any fraus with a nearby Asian supermarket, go check it out! They are an absolute coolinary treat ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40
COME BACK, TANK JACK, ALL IS FORGIVEN

PS lol, she is literally tagging the Royal Horticultural Society and Kew Gardens? 0 effort, she is so bleeping basic in literally every regard. And you just know Squiggles are gonna be like, "Oh, who is this Monty Don of whom you speak?! Thanks for the obscure tip, Jack!"
The Monty Don recommendation’s even funnier after @Mogmog ‘s revelation that he’s “one of the top 5 risks to horticulture right now”. I love facts.

@MancBee you’re ok, it wasn’t even one of your kind, it was, in Jack’s words (this is so hard to type) a “big fuzzybutt” 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
I’ve always eaten Asian brand ramen as they were the cheapest when I was growing up.
I didn’t get acquainted with Pot Noodle until I was an adult and call me crazy but I’d rather not eat. They’re properly tit. Batchelors supernoodles are weird as well.
1616453830177.png

These noodles are absolutely amazing, the ones I get the most are noodle soup so have loads of lovely broth to slurp. I do admit to often poaching an egg in them as they cook, it's an easy and cheap way to add some protein to an exceptionally lazy meal.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Ohhh so that's why she has the rainbow flag emoji in her name, she's a long-term fan of rainbow chard. Still waiting for a suitable explanation for the wheelchair emoji though. FIFTY TWO DAYS, JACK <violently taps watch face>

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
View attachment 494975

These noodles are absolutely amazing, the ones I get the most are noodle soup so have loads of lovely broth to slurp. I do admit to often poaching an egg in them as they cook, it's an easy and cheap way to add some protein to an exceptionally lazy meal.
Plus the brand name is perfect for Jack ‘Amam’

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Thread suggestion. "Also hung out in my street for a bit with this pigeon" found out it wasn't following me so blocked it

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Jack is a twunt, getting all up in our pandemic bird death niche. When will it ever occur to her (it won’t) that using her SM to “speak” to the canal just makes her seem bonkers to ordinary squiggles. And bonkers to the canal. It’s just quite bonkers and not at all jolly.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I hate plant/garden Jack most of all. duck off out of my niche. You know NOTHING.

"Naturally Bitter" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.