Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m definitely a toonser! They’re not my favourite things tbh, very salty but the crispy ones are pretty fine. We met a couple from New York on our honeymoon and we sent them some when we got home they definitely didn’t get they hype...

Reactions: 17
A rowie is truly the food of the gods. Especially warm straight from the baker with a big mug of strong tea. I refuse to eat the butteries sold in shops in the central belt, even if they do come from firms north of Dundee as they taste like cardboard in comparison. Luckily I have found a recipe to try.

Reactions: 16
I hope she presents it properly like wagmama noodles with all the trimmings.

Reactions: 27
Who would describe a pot noodle as immense? Surely, most of us eat some processed crap at some point or another, but surely out of necessity or for convenience, not because we think it's immense? Am I doing food wrong, cabal?

she's borrowing language again. I remember nessa in gavin+stacey calling a duck cooked in honey dish "immense" (can't quite remember what it is called) so it'll have an origin somewhere

Reactions: 28
Who would describe a pot noodle as immense? Sure, most of us eat some processed crap at some point or another, but surely out of necessity or for convenience, not because we think it's immense? Am I doing food wrong, cabal?
Remember this is Jack Monroe, the alternative is one of her own horrible concoctions!

Reactions: 29
I always found Steptoe and Son more tragedy than comedy let's hope S B spreads his wings and flies away like any young glove should

Reactions: 29

At least it is plant based for our 90% vegan. Until she adds the egg and Anchiode later.

Reactions: 17
No wonder her relationships never last with food like that

Reactions: 19
It's not food, it's considered a crime in multiple European countries (don't let the Italians hear of her, please!! they have enough to deal with, what with all of those creamy carbonaras and tinned ravioli concoctions!!)
Needless to say I had the last hooting laugh when I that of all dishes her 'Come to bed Parmigiana' was not a Parmigiana,hahaha.
I was so proud of my only original case I ever brought to the table of investigative and forensic Hausfrauen/herren.
Also, (Hiya) to the team who triple-tested and proof-read that book.

She has done a lot of food crimes.
Just back from my grunk and I can see the next coming along but I was BUSY recording all of Bach's fugues (it was his birthday, too) with one hand on the organ for all the birthday Frauen.
If you ping me your addresses, I will put a CD in a brown envelope for you.

Also saw that Jack still lies. A lot.
And now get to absolute fuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.