Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I just downloaded a kindle sample of How to Eat a Peach - think I'm sold already might have to see if I can hunt down a decent second hand copy

Reactions: 5
And a bit left field - Lateral Cooking by Niki Segnet is so interesting. It’s all about how you master one recipe and then expand/flex it to get to something else, and then other directions it can go in. Cooking on a continuum.
Oh oh oh oh! Yes! Her Flavour Thesaurus is also a wonderful read. Easy to pick up and just read a little bit whenever you have 5 minutes.

Diana Henry has an Instagram account that I follow.
Me too. It's a lovely account.

You trolls are all just jealous, she’s been shortlisted for an award. See, she can write!! Nice her Mum has to point out she belongs with her family ...
That's so sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I have mentioned it before - How To Eat A Peach by Diana Henry is so lovely. Page attached to give a flavour of the writing.
Just to say, I know the actual peach fuzz hard cover is the ultimate, but the kindle version of How to eat a Peach is only 99p at the moment, for those who are on a budget but still want to be inspired, without having to wank off a pony for their dinner.

I’ve bought it, with the aim of buying the “real” one when my finances are less tricky...

note, that’s NOT an affiliate link, because I’m not a classless turd even if I do use That Bookshop...

Reactions: 13
I can't remember who recommended it but I've been listening to The The One Show Show and it is excellent. I am HOOTING despite having never watched the One Show.

If they're not libellous, we're definitely not

Reactions: 9
You get to drive the fun bus to Court!

Right back at you @Bellybutton lint! Lockdown would have been a lot tougher without this thread

Reactions: 7
Oh thanks I got a couple of Diana Henry books I don’t have for 99p!

Reactions: 2
I can't remember who recommended it but I've been listening to The The One Show Show and it is excellent. I am HOOTING despite having never watched the One Show.

If they're not libellous, we're definitely not
It was me! It's properly laugh out loud funny isn't it? And very naughty.

Reactions: 1
If she becomes a mental health ambassador, I will be fuming!! As someone rightly pointed out yesterday (sorry, I have a terrible memory), this is MH awareness week and it would be the perfect time to even pretend she cared about anyone else, but she’s too wrapped up in herself to try. My Grandma always said “there is always someone worse off than you” and it’s a fact. IMO JM doesn’t even know she’s born and the sad fact is, something awful will rock her world at some point and she‘ll crumble

Reactions: 17
It'll be speedboats for all once we leave court victorious.
The Judge will say to JM “let’s have a look at what you could’ve won” after we’re found not guilty. She probs won’t get a Bendy Bully though

Reactions: 7
The Judge will say to JM “let’s have a look at what you could’ve won” after we’re found not guilty. She probs won’t get a Bendy Bully though
Hah! I bought my other half an original Bully prize tankard for Christmas the other year. Best eBay find ever. We are mildly obsessed.

Reactions: 6
Hah! I bought my other half an original Bully prize tankard for Christmas the other year. Best eBay find ever. We are mildly obsessed.
That’s a bobby dazzler of a gift! I have fond memories growing up with Sunday night Bullseye

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.