Jack Monroe #158 She’s so offensively self absorbed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Managed to get a vid of Pooh-Bear's arse. Note that there's no bum hole to be seen, nor is he where food is consumed. Enjoy!
View attachment 464379
First of all, why can I see your lovely shiny, clean floor? Surely every possibly square cm of floor space should be covered in some form of rug/carpet/piece of cloth/grime collector?

Secondly, he is stunning, you are lucky to be his slave.

Thirdly, the best part was him nonchalantly walking past you when you tried to get his attention. Cat behaviour 101.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
The London Living Wage (according to the Living Wage Foundation) is £10.85 per hr

For a 40hr workweek, that would be £1880 a month, gross pay. She is delusional if she is paying herself the living wage and wants to rent a place at £1,500 a month. Or artifically keeping herself low income so she can rattle that tip jar.
I expect the Patreon pays for most of the rent. If she can’t live on her wage then I am not going to listen to her pisspoor hacks. Poverty expert my arse, spendthrift most definitely.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Well... I typed it into that trusty Vlad decoder. (You'll never of heard of it before) And well..... I'm shookith/shooketh? (Who knows at this rate) 🤣🤷‍♀️
So here's your answer, that he wants you to wear proudly on a jumper... Vlad wants you to declare she's a liar 🤣🤣🥚🍳. (Just read more into it, apparently it's a lie in which the ball is half buried and thus resemble a fried egg. Which is apparently a golf term.) But I like to think it's a Vlad clue that our JM gives out half truths, or a lie with only a pinch of reality.
View attachment 464034
I thought it was some sex thing I was too young to understand 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have finally caught up. I have no words. She’s a walking disaster.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes @Harrybosch !

I think the main takeaway from all this is that Jack's critiques are often knee-jerk, ill-informed and don't rise beyond the level of a GCSE essay.

THIS IS BAD! Contributes nothing to the discussion but it does give her those sweet sweet Twitter likes and retweets. Professional tit stirrer and not much else.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
First of all, why can I see your lovely shiny, clean floor? Surely every possibly square cm of floor space should be covered in some form of rug/carpet/piece of cloth/grime collector?

Secondly, he is stunning, you are lucky to be his slave.

Thirdly, the best part was him nonchalantly walking past you when you tried to get his attention. Cat behaviour 101.
Ha, MC Dad had just done the floors. They are usually covered in cat fur.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Morning!

The DW thing is just tedious. It would be fairly easy to come up with a decent critique of his body of work and the discussion should def include why celebrity authors are so prominent in the children's book section these days and what impact it has on the industry.

Yet, once again, on Twitter led by our friend Jack, it all amounts to 'cancel him', 'burn his books' which is boring and ineffective.

This is not in defense of DW, as I don't like his books, BUT if we want to raise critical thinkers and well-rounded individuals, it would be a great idea to let kids choose their own books, let them read, talk to them about what they read, discuss what they find out, etc. My kids aren't amazing geniuses, but they've both read DW and both have come to the conclusion that they don't like how SOME characters are portrayed. The younger one still enjoys all the silly fart humour and I don't think his mind will be forever poisoned by reading about some misogonistic tripe.

I suspect he might get his views on gender more about how I and his dad behave and act in and outside the home and towards each other.
Something which Jack really needs to think about! Her views, for all her fake wokeness, are from another century. She loves a good old fashioned stereotype to play act for the media. She's far more damaging in the long run than a book my child will have forgotten about in a couple of years.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Her rent has now bounced the last 8 months. She's really doing a great job of proving what a success she is to her old Head of Year.
Shes not doing well in the last laugh competition with her old head of year.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Those Aldi chairs are £149.99 each. A bargain for what they are, but I'm on a comfortable income and would have to justify spending £300 on two chairs, let alone if my income was apparently as unstable as hers.

[NB Jack if you are reading here I am not saying people on low incomes can't have nice garden furniture, just don't buy said nice furniture then bang on about how you've not eaten butter "in years" when butter is currently about 0.3% the price of your fancy egg chairs]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.