Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread Title thanks to me, I'm ashamed to say! šŸ˜– but it was a long time coming!

She's done bugger all for a couple of days, so please forgive the lack of a synopsis. or indeed if you have a good synopsis, please supply it šŸ™‚

please see the wiki for all of her evil deeds/various origin stories

and don't forget to check in with food and drink when it gets too much ā¤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
Sorry, I know this isnā€™t F&D, but what is the definitive butter pie thing recipe? I need to just see something.

I make my kids something I call cheese pie, but itā€™s basically just mash with a well in the middle, filled with baked beans, then the whole top covered in grated cheddar. I donā€™t think itā€™s a real thing, or am I accidentally doing a cultural chaos?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Well done @kachoochoo I didnā€™t have the strength to do a new thread. Iā€™m furloughing myself for a few days. Also we need more grown ups who can do it!
Ex fire service, I tell ya, when I get back from having furloughed hands I am doing that lady fireman Grenfell ghoul list

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry, I know this isnā€™t F&D, but what is the definitive butter pie thing recipe? I need to just see something.

I make my kids something I call cheese pie, but itā€™s basically just mash with a well in the middle, filled with baked beans, then the whole top covered in grated cheddar. I donā€™t think itā€™s a real thing, or am I accidentally doing a cultural chaos?
Iā€™m afraid I have no idea, sorry.
ā€œam I accidentally doing a cultural chaos?ā€ made me laugh out loud though!

@kachoochoo thank you for starting the thread and congratulations on the thread title! šŸ„³ Totally agree it was a long time coming!

ā€œex fire serviceā€ in JMā€™s new bio šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Here's a recap of what she did (sorry no fancy links to individual posts):
-forgot that she was supposed to have a rash
-forgot that she was supposed to have singed her scalp on the gas hob
-forgot that she was supposed to have handed in her book manuscript
-forgot that she was supposed to go up tahn for something
-listed all her tattoos which are all as terrible as expected
-bemoaned having to source and mastermind all her food; has apparently never heard of takeaways or deliveries

Lots of us learnt about the existence of butter pie.

We also finally saw the vegan cook-along video she did for the Guardian a few months ago that she failed to inform us of, presumably because it was a trash fire.

I can't say conclusively but I don't think she appreciated that I lovingly crafted a song made entirely from sounds she made. It's almost as if even she is sick of the sound of her own voice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112

Itā€™s a pie as in a pastry crust and lid all over, and slices of buttery potato and onions inside
I feel really bad for people who have lived their life not knowing about it
Also whilst washing up ā€œyou tried to kill a man with stuffing in a soupā€ came to mind and I cried laughing

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Nice one, Kach.

Sheā€™s posted the rando her old dress btw.

View attachment 454119
What the actual bleeping duck? I know Iā€™m kinda new around here, but has she actually, like actually right now, changed her bio to say ā€˜ex fire serviceā€™ because sheā€™s feeling delusions of grandeur / superiority in referencing it in conversation just now?

What a funny little human being she really is.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
Pie Jesu, Marmalade - every time you post that photo I have flashbacks to that fateful day šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
What the actual bleeping duck? I know Iā€™m kinda new around here, but has she actually, like actually right now, changed her bio to say ā€˜ex fire serviceā€™ because sheā€™s feeling delusions of grandeur / superiority in referencing it in conversation just now?

What a funny little human being she really is.
I had to actually check. And yep...sheā€™s actually saying sheā€™s ex fire service!! On a positive note, itā€™s good to see her political allegiances are more clear. ;D

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Day 27 of telling Jack to take the wheelchair emoji out of her Twitter display name unless Vlad can find someone to go out and knobble her kneecaps. Stop banging on about being a gifted child as well, you're in your early thirties let it goooooooo.

Signed TS
(10 metre swimming certificate 1996)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
[QUOTE]Cariad
Fit like!....As a newly wed, I used to live in a flat on Chapel St in the late 1980's - just along from Mr G's night club and above an amazing bakers which sold lovely rowies now I want a buttery![/QUOTE]

I have memories of going out at lunchtime to celebrate the end of my postgrad diploma exams at RGIT in 1984, drinking myself sober (classmate's husband in Mr G's amazed that he'd watched me down 17 rum and cokes that evening and still make sense) and meeting former team mates from the Aberdeen Uni rifle team outside the Chapel Street bakery while getting butteries for the walk home (to Torry) and them wanting to know why I hadn't got drunk if it was the end of exams!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Day 27 of telling Jack to take the wheelchair emoji out of her Twitter display name unless Vlad can find someone to go out and knobble her kneecaps. Stop banging on about being a gifted child as well, you're in your early thirties let it goooooooo.

Signed TS
(10 metre swimming certificate 1996)
The Yep.x in response makes me want to claw my eyes out.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sheā€™s put ex fire service in her bio to soak up any potential floating head TV slots surrounding this cladding controversy. Slots that should go to actual fire service staff, Grenfell survivors and campaigners, or leaseholders in a similar position?

Not someone whose dad sorted them out with a job vastly outpaced their open market rate, well over a decade ago now...? What value does she have to add to the conversation over than melodrama?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 104
Not someone whose dad sorted them out with a job vastly outpaced their open market rate, well over a decade ago now...? What value does she have to add to the conversation over than melodrama?
Could apply the same line of questioning to her time in poverty tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.