Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's cause we called him a "nice guy" isn't it 😂 just googled "smolrobots" and "smol robots" we're not on the first two Google pages for either.

However if you type "smol robots Jack monroe" we're the first result so I guess he wanted to go back through all his interactions with jack?
*FORENSIC*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
4.5 GCSEs = “well educated”?

No.
This came up before, my personal view is that she IS well-educated in that she went to a good school (plus all those extracurricular classes she got driven to in mummy and daddy's Land rover), she just failed to make the best of it.

Reactions: 46
Smolrobots guy has made the fatal error of mixing a business account with personal opinion. Jack does it all the time because she has no brain/Tweet interface or boundaries, she can get away with it with 200k+ following. But a 20k account desperately looking for blue-tickers to retweet, and no hits such as Onion Police? Prettywomanbigmistake.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Jack, I can remember my brother and his mates making a very basic communication device with two empty tins and a length of string. That should keep you and wee Johnny occupied for hours.
Two loops of strings to make stilts. They were shite though. 😂

ETA @Schnorbitz got there first. Anyone mention making spill holders out of them? Spills were a long piece of thin wood, like an oversized match. We made spill holders at school as Christmas gifts to take home 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Right! And smolrobot deleted because he worried about being glib about "online harrassment". What the hell?
That reminds me less of the way Mr Smol speaks and more of the way someone else speaks.
Makes me suspect there has been sliding into of DMs.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Smolrobots guy has made the fatal error of mixing a business account with personal opinion. Jack does it all the time because she has no brain/Tweet interface or boundaries, she can get away with it with 200k+ following. But a 20k account desperately looking for blue-tickers to retweet, and no hits such as Onion Police? Prettywomanbigmistake.gif
Everybody knows that when you get some comments about how you come across as a whiner (on a completely separate forum), the nr 1 best thing to do is to whine about that.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I noticed this particular follow a week or so ago and thought it was weird at the time. But hey, Jack, great that you want to surround yourself with such nice people on twitter whilst you slag US off as abusers, eh?

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 13.13.27.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
Jack Monroe on her own addictions:

Twitter as discussed with the Graun, 2018

Alcohol, the Graun 2019

Amazing how most people confront and recover from their demons and come out of it as more compassionate individuals, not less 🧐

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
This came up before, my personal view is that she IS well-educated in that she went to a good school (plus all those extracurricular classes she got driven to in mummy and daddy's Land rover), she just failed to make the best of it.
I think she had privilege, but she’s not well educated. I have taught 16 year olds for years and it’s not a good age to stop learning. I don’t think your critical thinking skills properly develop until you are a bit older. I think education post 16 can take many forms (I am pretty sure one of my kids won’t go to university). A good place Jack could have started was an apprenticeship in catering or at a newspaper. She could do an access course now, or A levels.

I went to a terrible school where the teachers didn’t care and messed up my A level choices, had to drop biology as I was rubbish at it. I did my third A level in one year at evening class so that I finished at the same time as my other 2 and still went to uni at 18. The class would have been right up Jack’s street. Full of people in their 20s and 30s either trying to use it as a dating agency or trying really really hard to impress the teacher.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
First people try and get Michelle Obama to collab with her now she's hashtagging Yes We Can... you might wanna set your sights a little bit lower hun!

Also RE: the smallrobots guy... I'm not being rude but what kind of financial gains is he expecting from ... posting doodles online? That market is highly oversaturated, sorry but you aren't owed money just because you post drawings

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I was not intending to be a snob but she's using that line as a brag and she’s got nothing to brag about. She had the opportunity to be a well educated woman and she spaffed it up the wall.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack Monroe on her own addictions:

Twitter as discussed with the Graun, 2018

Alcohol, the Graun 2019

Amazing how most people confront and recover from their demons and come out of it as more compassionate individuals, not less 🧐
At the end of that Guardian article she is talking about fires that she helped put out 🤥

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
I was not intending to be a snob but she's using that line as a brag and she’s got nothing to brag about. She had the opportunity to be a well educated woman and she spaffed it up the wall.
I think it was a stab at her admitting her privilege without actually having to say the word 'privilege'. So, as @waffle maker says, she had the privilege of a good education, which she somehow managed to cock up.

Reactions: 34
You know what I'm addicted to? All of you lovelies 😊 You've been one of the only good bits about lockdown and when we are off on a tangent about something (or nothing) it has made me genuinely laugh out loud in my empty little flat.

I don't know who this robot person is, nor do I care to but I am here to shoot the tit with all of you. The only robot I know of is Slopbot. Print me a t-shirt with 'Onion Police' on the front and you can take my money 😂😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.