Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep hoping to see one of books in the supermarket so I can hide it behind jamie, but no luck

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Missed last night's fun but I guess it was fairly standard.

She Tweeted
It overheated
She deleted
But undefeated
And reinforced concreted.
Why why why?
We sigh
And cry.

Not proper poetry but, heck, I'm a maverick! :D

Getting more and more excited about the book. 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Anyone else done with this week now? This first week at work has been INSANE. I don't mean to 🔺myself but where I'm working now also does fast turnaround news pieces and even though I'm not working in news it's bloody breakneck speeds.

I'm a big believer in 'you can have it done well or you can have it done quickly' and I wish they would follow that mantra here! Knackered.

That said it's so good to have something to occupy my days now I'm on my own for a bit.

Weekend chaos Jack? Anyone else you want to compare to Nazis?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
I know we’ve moved on, but someone I really like and admire replied to Jack’s ‘vegan milk without coconut’ tweet the other day thanking her as she is allergic. It took all my strength not to reply...

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I buy the cheap cooking bacon, to use in sauces etc (not on butties) and that’s ok. I’m a carnivore and I accept I’m eating crap. I don’t pretend to be bloody 90% vegan though even though I’ve just done two weeks ‘plant based’ and am trying to cut down my meat consumption in general, and I don’t feed it to my child if I won’t eat it myself

Reactions: 52
Three or fours hours until the final Linda McCartney Veganuary post. I can barely contain myself this week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Weekend chaos Jack? Anyone else you want to compare to Nazis?

Definitely worthy of an entry in the next forensic compilation from @LimeGoss. An updated (2021) summary would provide a great place to send all new members to. Along with all fellow non-vegan 'Inglorious Bastards' on here, my favourite actor, Christoph Waltz, sums up my anticipatory mood right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I know this is not a Roadside Mum thread but I read an interview with her in Byline Times which was a million times more insightful and relevant than bleeping Potatoes regurgitated onto the pages of the Guardian, Vogue, etc for coin. She mentioned Marcus and was positive. She is also writing an article for the same publication. Bloody good on her for continuing to speak up.

Jack wasn't mentioned 😭

Jack is not boosting RSM (or any campaigners) despite profiting from the issue recently. Jack is not mentioning FSM at all now. Feed the what now? Her centrist followers can rest easy again. Nothing is required except a hefty paypal tip JM's way and a patreon subscription.

It must really sting now that Jack has dropped #feedthechildren like a hot "potatoes" as it was no longer bringing in the cooking bacon.

I hope more squiggles will waken up.

She only cares about herself and will elbow to the front of each and every cause in order to profit.

Cha ching!!!!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
@heretoreaditall2019 oh it was a friend who the Guardian treated terribly, which is what I was relating to in your post. I really have no time for them, as you can tell. Actually Jack and Sali really embody it for me. Once might have used to have been relevant or interesting, no longer so and questioning whether they ever really were, or whether they were feeding us a tale to line their own pockets.

Anyway back on topic, I”m glad RM has emerged from under Jack’s shadow and I’m looking forward to reading her piece. Where’s this brown sloppy dry orzo vid?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Vlad is sliding into radio 2 playlist - Mary Poppins' 'spoonful of sugar'.

I also told the kids yesterday that I was watching 'Friday Night Kitchen Live' instead of Friday Night Dinner!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I
On a grunk of today’s thread, I can’t stop laughing at this photo.

View attachment 408099

WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS, JACK?! 🙄

Edit: tit, sorry, I see my post landed in the middle of one of her lukewarm takes, ffs Jack.
I thought she had grown a trunk

As regards that word, I've never heard of it until today one here, so I looked it up. That is a horrible thing to tweet, she really doesn't understand what it means does she?

Thick as mince

Reactions: 27
Three or fours hours until the final Linda McCartney Veganuary post. I can barely contain myself this week.
Totes here for this.

Everyone, I have a story that might cheer you up on this Friday afternoon (slightly OT).

Mrs Tunnel, having finished teaching for the week announced that she had found a good crime series for us to watch over the weekend.

We settled down to watch it and within say, 10 seconds of the credits I had fallen off the sofa with the giggles, tried to explain myself and then been told off for bringing “that f****** woman into our lives once again.”

The name of the show?

Bosch.

Harry dear, I had no idea what your username was about until now. This thread just never stops giving does it?

❤

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Dear lord does Jack not have an agent? Or family? Or someone to say "hold on a minute there Jackie, this will make you look a right twit, best you don't"? At this point, I almost feel bad because Jack needs someone to put a stop to this and whoever she has around her isn't doing a very good job.
Yes to both, but she pays no attention to them. I think her parents especially her mum keep quiet so they are allowed to see her child. Her agent actually tweeted her last week to try and get in contact with her.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.