Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Linda McCartney has had THE AUDACITY to comment on our plant-powered heroine's newest insta post!

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.10.40.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.10.31.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
When I saw her tweet bright and early this morning, I gasped out loud. Then I googled and double-checked, in case I had got the wrong end of the stick,on case it was ME that misunderstood. But nope, it was Jack Monroe stupidly misapplying the Nazi term ‘volksgemeinschaft’ to a sloppily sexist Tory produced educational poster, just to look cool and edgy. It’s a microaggression. And then for her to softly, gently delete without an explanation or word of apology, it makes me ragey.

Well, she can delete all she wants, but all the shocked responses to her volksgemeinschaft tweet remain, so people will still know what she said, even if they don’t come to Tattle for the receipts. What an dumb arseholehe she is. 😡

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I know we have some Germans here in the cabal - a big hug to yous, Jack is such an ignorant little unt with her "edgy" takes. It also shows once again that she knows nothing about life outside her tiny bubble.

I live in a country that has a very long way to go in terms of confronting its past as a fascist dictatorship. We have literal fascists whipping out franquista flags and doing Nazi salutes at protests on a regular basis. A lot of people I know have no idea what happened to their grandparents or where they are buried, as most of the mass graves have still not been exhumed. The scars of fascism run very deep, and they are not about staying home to stop a pandemic.

For someone to compare a multicultural with lightly sexist poster to Nazism is like a teenager calling their mum a fascist because she makes them tidy their room.

Jack is so very stupid.
I love your post and could not agree more i'm sorry to hear about the situation in the country you are living in and yes your right the scars of fascism do run deep.
I am angered and upset by her stupid digusting tweet she has no idea of other people's pain or what survivors of real atrocities have been through.
While she is busy making inflammatory remarks (she never had it so bad middle finger up to the oppressors a kind of faux citizen monroe/guevara shtick of the perpetually offended bs) and comparing the tories to nazi's she might want to think about hmm some other people and their experiences.
People for example that are really having it tough and struggling this lockdown instead of whinging about vegan cheese or having a twitter meltdown.
I can only speak from my own personal knowledge and experience of the places i have been and people i have met and it brings me to mind of the country that my husband is from albania.
A country that under Enver hoxha's rule you could also be taken away and put in a concentration camp and just disappear never to be seen again.
I country which later embraced capitalism and neoliberalism but it still retains its harsh fascist attitudes.
This being the country where a man was recently shot dead for breaking co-vid curfew restrictions.
Thats right the state can kill you silence you and really take away your freedom (sorry to reiterate this point) but this is actually going on right now under our very noses?
Real abuse of power/violence commited by the state i really don't think that getting into a tizzy because the tories might be using out dated sexist stereotypes about men and women really compares do you?
She needs to really wind her neck in the get some perspective on things and stop reacting like everything is the end of the world because she does not know what that means.
She is a real prophet of doom and gloom/scaremongering in my opinion and her constant catastrophizing is really not what anybody needs right now and i can't really emphasise that point enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
If people try to bring up that NHS comment she will block them and say she is being bullied and is not well. This is how she operates and gets away with lies and awful comments time after time.
And fair play to RSM. Just looked at her feed and she is still doggedly plugging away at the school food issue. I actually can't remember the last time Jack mentioned it after swooping in, making it all about her and making money from it, before getting bored and moving on to the next attention seeking thing - being the world's best mama this time it seems.
And I really don't think she has a clue how to handle this persistent vegan attack. Don't think it will be going away soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Agree @Misbehaving that catastrophising Jack is so dangerous right now. We all know that many things are terrible at the moment, she doesn’t help any situation with her contributions.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I’ve said it before, but someone like Hadley Freeman going for the jugular is my ideal scenario. Shes a fellow Guardian-er, but HF does not suffer fools when it comes to crossing lines in this way, and nor should she. Using the Holocaust to bolster her supposedly sharp/scathing/witty Twitter musings, is unbelievably dense and offensive, especially after her inadvisable sliding into Corbyn’s DMs and begging for forgiveness. Is she quite well?
I wouldn't like it to be Freeman - her TERFy views would only give Jack something to rage against.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Could you imagine her in a managerial role. Say if the one day for her own business. LoL

Morning rota.

Prep food, clean down front of house, check off deliveries etc.

Deleted.

No one would know what the duck they were supposed to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Is that their fumbled attempt at offering an olive branch? 😬 They've probably just stoked the fire again! 😬
God knows what they're playing at, it's as though they're *trying* to wind people up? Here for it though, the worse they handle this the bigger (and more public) it becomes.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I wouldn't like it to be Freeman - her TERFy views would only give Jack something to rage against.
Oh tit, really! I didn’t know that, I’ll have a look. I’ve only ever noticed her work for her zero tolerance perspective on anti-semitism. Good to know, and you’re right in that when people with certain views or political leanings start to question her, she just uses it as an example of bullying and the squiggles swoon.

Reactions: 25
God knows what they're playing at, it's as though they're *trying* to wind people up? Here for it though, the worse they handle this the bigger (and more public) it becomes.
You can just hear the social media manager chanting 'please let this go away, please let this go away, please let this go away...'. Their interest should lie in protecting their brand, first and foremost. They should have just cut their losses with Jack and taken the hit with not seeing out the contract they had with her. They should have apologised, deleted the posts, then moved on and maybe shared some of the best Veganuary posts from past years or follower contributions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Oh tit, really! I didn’t know that, I’ll have a look. I’ve only ever noticed her work for her zero tolerance perspective on anti-semitism. Good to know, and you’re right in that when people with certain views or political leanings start to question her, she just uses it as an example of bullying and the squiggles swoon.
Off topic but Freeman is also one of Woody Allen's staunchest defenders 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Off topic but Freeman is also one of Woody Allen's staunchest defenders 🤢
Oh gross! The last few months have seen me go right off the Guardian, is there no such thing as non-problematic publications? I don’t think it’s too much to ask to expect to be able to access news and interesting articles written by people who don’t fall into the categories of calling foster children feral, anti-Semitic, TERF, lying faux poverty, fawning idiot, etc etc etc

Their ride or die attitude and lack of due diligence concerning Jack is just the tip of the Guardian iceberg.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I have finally received a reply from the Trussell Trust, however it is basically just another holding reply. They have said that they are extremely busy at the moment (something I acknowledged in my initial email) but will contact me again soon. They have asked if I would like to speak to someone regarding my concerns.

I have sent a reply saying that I would very much like to speak to someone. I have not, and will not, name Jack as that is not my issue. I realise that directly focusing my complaint on Jack would rightly be seen as a direct attack on Jack. My issue is more general than Jack alone. I think that they should be far more careful about who they collaborate with, and who they let use their name.

If you lot of nasty ninnies think this is a step too far, and by contacting the Trussell Trust I am out of line, please say so.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Looking for dead pigeons on my daily walk has really added a new level of excitement. None to be found yet but one day... one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.