Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last night...wtf. Is she drunk or stupid? or both?

I reckon RSM has seen the light. Has this tweet been shared? She was also interviewed for an article in which Jack wasn't mentioned once...

(sorry if this has been posted already! I've found it so hard to keep up with this week's chaos. Stupid real life)

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 9.45.39 am.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Had a google. THAT word has been bandied about for some while in anti-Ted Cruz tweets. Possibly where she picked up on it.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
The tweet being deleted can mean only one thing... we’re about to get Weapons Grade Cooper content.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 93
It’s a tit sexist poster coz I think you will find the NHS staff body is overwhelming female, so they’re not in their houses are they, they’re out of the home working on the frontline. That’s the stinger for me.
Anyway the poster got scrapped and hopefully Jack will get cancelled.
70% of the NHS and 90% of social care workforce and when you take into account that men are more likely to be holding senior roles probably a higher percentage of the front line than those figures suggest. I only know this because I was suprised the guardian or it's ilk hasn't written an article about it.

On a similar topic when Jack talks about emotional labour I think she is referring to the feminist theory of kinwork whereby Women take on the work of remembering birthdays and helping out extended family often on their partners side of the family. This is not the same as running a house on your own

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The tweet being deleted can mean only one thing... we’re about to get Weapons Grade Cooper content.
Yeah I just thought this, it’ll be Cooper in her bed, with the picture angled to make him look gigantic. She’ll comment with something like ‘This absolute beast doesn’t want to get up, and neither do I as all I get is bullying and cruelty despite working 30 hour days’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
It would have been so easy to write a short apology, saying she didn’t understand the significance. It would have taken 5 minutes and she could have demonstrated some actual learning and growing. Oh well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Can't believe she hasn't tweeted an apology or replied to some of the concise, well thought out replies to that awful tweet.

Oh wait. I can believe it. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 60
For a long time now I've thought she has an issue with empathy. I don't think she feels it or understands what it is.
Narcissists can't feel empathy. Their brains are wired differently.
A Narc's brain won't allow them to see anything from anyone else's pov. That's why they have the rages, their brains can't compute a pov other than their own, even if provided with proof of their lies.
That's why the Roxanne Pallet/Big Brother thing was so interesting to me. She told herself that she was attacked so it must be true.
She was then shown video evidence that it never happened and she was genuinely confused. Also, in the interview she doesn't apologise to him for her actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I would have respected her a lot more if she just owned up to it. It would have been a good opportunity to highlight to her followers how insidious anti semitic microaggressions can be. Not excusing anti semitism but we all say the wrong things sometimes and as a middle class white british person (and she is very much this) you won't know these things unless you go out of your way to educate yourself. Apologise, thank the squiggles for their emotional labour in explaining how it was wrong, and use it as an opportunity to show where you went wrong and where you wont go wrong in the future.
Exactly! The one squiggle took time to explain why this was wrong. This is the type of explanation people need to see and read. He was calma nd reasonable and spent time typing out that thread. But it's gone. She's the worst.

Reactions: 53
Narcissists can't feel empathy. Their brains are wired differently.
A Narc's brain won't allow them to see anything from anyone else's pov. That's why they have the rages, their brains can't compute a pov other than their own, even if provided with proof of their lies.
That's why the Roxanne Pallet/Big Brother thing was so interesting to me. She told herself that she was attacked so it must be true.
She was then shown video evidence that it never happened and she was genuinely confused. Also, in the interview she doesn't apologise to him for her actions.
The Roxanne Pallet thing is something I’ve used before to show someone what a narcissist is. Because normal people don’t record everything, it can be hard to find examples of it happening in real life. The way she carried on really illustrated the way that narcs see the world around them, and the way they construct an unnatural sense of self has an effect on everyone that they come into contact with. She really never apologised, it was outrageous. Same as Jack with the Ivan Cameron comment. She says she apologised, yet in interviews since, she’s made snide comments about it and brushed it off with a smirk on her face. She doesn’t give a tit, and resents that she was expected to apologise.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Her deleting the tweet really shows up the dumb arse squiggles who leapt to her defence, I don't know how they stand it :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 43
Do you know what is terrible with this group? That quite often I find my own opinions challenged and I’m made to think in a different way or get a different perspective to make me think about what I think (I know I’m so eloquent, I should really be an author. Works for Jack and PTWM). For the most part I feel like the majority of us all share the same outlooks on things but what I really love is how respectful everyone is when a differing “argument” is made. There’s been many but (and I’m so sorry I’ve totally forgotten who just posted it) the very recent post on charity overheads. I’ve realised how ignorant my opinions are because I simply don’t work within that field. It was a really brilliant post which was respectful and knowledge sharing.

But how dare you trolling cabal have the audacity to make me into a better person. We are meant to be jealous and mean - not learn or challenge ourselves or be critical thinkers. Jerks.

• Heart
Reactions: 146
Excellent provision of the receipts by that Squig, there.
Did Jack even have the decency to acknowledge this squig and the effort they went to to educate her?

I noticed her buddy Zoe Williams tweeted the same poster and commented on it (sexism aspect, not comparing the poster to genocide) so Jack was obviously trying to elevenerife everyone else with the most edgy take.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Did Jack even have the decency to acknowledge this squig and the effort they went to to educate her?

I noticed her buddy Zoe Williams tweeted the same poster and commented on it (sexism aspect, not comparing the poster to genocide) so Jack was obviously trying to elevenerife everyone else with the most edgy take.
Spoiler: No

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Fell flat on her smol ickle pixie face though

Reactions: 34
I’m glad she’s deleted that tweet as it was a bleeping ridiculous thing to post. Just a shame there’s no apology to go with it.

• Angry
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.