Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy tit, I’ve got caught up.
Very much enjoying The Green Uprising on Insta.
The photo of her on SB’s bed reminds me of when our boarding house mistress would get drunk on her nights off and come round the house and collapse on our beds. We loved her so much we begged whichever adult was on call not to report her.
Her Goodnight tweet is revolting and makes it obvious that she has no friends who are texting her and telling her the meaning and to take it the duck down.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
I know we have some Germans here in the cabal - a big hug to yous, Jack is such an ignorant little unt with her "edgy" takes. It also shows once again that she knows nothing about life outside her tiny bubble.

I live in a country that has a very long way to go in terms of confronting its past as a fascist dictatorship. We have literal fascists whipping out franquista flags and doing Nazi salutes at protests on a regular basis. A lot of people I know have no idea what happened to their grandparents or where they are buried, as most of the mass graves have still not been exhumed. The scars of fascism run very deep, and they are not about staying home to stop a pandemic.

For someone to compare a multicultural with lightly sexist poster to Nazism is like a teenager calling their mum a fascist because she makes them tidy their room.

Jack is so very stupid.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
She does this quite a lot - weighs in on politics by saying something controversial then scampering off again... She likely imagines it as some sort of mic-drop moment, just nailing the whole debate with one pithy soundbite - what she actually sounds like is an insecure teenager who’s in way over her level of understanding.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
she really isn't very clever is she?

this squiggle's done a good explanation for the benefit of the other squiggles (and indeed me)

20210129_081808.jpg
20210129_081917.jpg
20210129_081959.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 100
So she could ignore, double down, delete with no mention, or, unlikely, respond and say she has learned from the replies to her tweet.
In unrelated news. There are two voices on her sons cheese grating video (other than her son). A voice says 'okay then' and is immediately followed by Jack saying 'thats enough'. Perhaps its the phantom photographer. I googled to see if I could locate a clip of LC speaking,but no go.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
This just shows her knowledge doesn’t go beyond a vague idea of year 9 history. Blah blah Weimar, blah blah Hitler’s rise to power. I thought she was meant to be reading a book a week or some such rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
To anyone that has watched Crazy Ex Girlfriend (which I absolutely love) or even those who haven’t, please do listen to the song My Movement because it is so on the nose about our hashtag founder. đŸ‘ŒđŸ»

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
That latest tweet just shows she is tone deaf.

The offending poster had already been taken down and, as ever, she was late to the party.

When I saw that poster, I just imagined a group of blokes brainstorming - ticking the diversity box but oblivious to the sexist implications. They did the right thing and took it down pdq.

Just as an aside, in my work experience in the past year there’s been a lot of men at home with the children as their partners are key workers whether it be NHS, other emergency services, teachers, retail etc and the office-worker man in that family can wfh. I’ve lost count of the number of Teams calls where a child has peered round their Dad to show us something or say hi. Or Dad has muted the call to tell the offspring to be quiet ‘Daddy’s on a call’. (Or not muted it and shouted ‘shut the duck up!’) Not very professional but we just laugh - ‘new normal’ innit? 😆

Reactions: 54
This is an amazing organisation that helps evaluate the efficacy of charities, for anyone who struggles to know who to donate to. https://www.givewell.org/charities/top-charities
Have to say grunka-ing so not sure when this will land but evaluating the effectiveness of charities is really complex and an organisation which fights for policy change, tackles complex issues or a self advocacy org for disabled people will probably never win according to Give Well's formula. I do like that they advocate for direct cash transfer of people in extreme poverty and give myself to Give Directly.
I encourage anyone thinking about which charity to give to to also think about their values and use a range of sources to do research. Staff salaries are not in themselves an indicator of wastefulness although the gap between the lowest and highest paid is to me an important indicator of values.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She does this quite a lot - weighs in on politics by saying something controversial then scampering off again... She likely imagines it as some sort of mic-drop moment, just nailing the whole debate with one pithy soundbite - what she actually sounds like is an insecure teenager who’s in way over her level of understanding.
Exactly this. Reminds me of the famed dinner party when all the adults around the table laughed at her for talking out of her ass. Wasn't that also because she compared the gov to Nazism?

Reactions: 42
I quite fancy Foxy from the foxy bingo ads. I tend not to mention that much.

Jay tho? Not..... hairy enough
The superior fox to fancy is Robin Hood. No questions please.

Hello and thankspaceyou 😀
Can confirm Ibuprofen works, the key is to use it before the period to stop pain chemicals developing ahead of time. I put an ointment on my belly.

Can’t co-sign orgasm, that’s the last thing I want right now! 😂
I heard about and tried it once, and after the massive mental effort to actually achieve horniness and orgasm while in pain, it achieved about one second of relief 😂
Mefenamic acid (Ponstan) is my life saver. See also a wireless TENS machine. I used to have really painful periods until my coil was fitted in September and since then I've had constant but lower level anarchy down there.

This is a horribly mishmashed post but...
Yesterday I came across a heated argument in a rat group I am in (yes, really) where a show breeder had decided to name one of their litters after concentration camps. When everyone said 'don't do that', the breeder went absolutely nuclear, proclaiming it was a witch hunt and because they are 'severely autistic' and therefore because of their autism had no idea it was inappropriate to name the rats this way. They then refused to change their names even after multiple Jewish people and people of Jewish heritage explained how hurtful it was.
So...
What I'm saying is...maybe that will be Jack's excuse.

Also note, I work to support people with autism and as others have said, it doesn't make you rude, its just an outdated stereotype created by people who can't be bothered to learn how to try to communicate with others.

ET: can't spell

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Well LC is up and having panda videos retweeted by Krish Mate so she obviously sees no problem with it. Give Jack a shove, hun.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Exactly this. Reminds me of the famed dinner party when all the adults around the table laughed at her for talking out of her ass. Wasn't that also because she compared the gov to Nazism?
Yes, exactly, it's exactly the same. So, all these years later and still she hasn't learned anything from that experience - in fact she's worse, she's has so much misplaced confidence that she feels comfortable presenting her insufferable, ludicrous opinions to the wider world through social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So that’s the Vegans & the Jewish Community she’s angered

Busy week even by Twunties standards

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
My guess is she doesn’t know what it means but saw it on Twitter and though “oooh big word, I’ll have that” and has royally fucked up

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Don’t you words you don’t understand Jack - they don’t make you clever they make you very ignorant. And by understand I mean the historical context as well as the potential to deeply offend people. (I do believe in free speech and the freedom to offend but then you take the consequences of being called out as anti-Semitic / racist / POS etc)

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.