Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no.
Something just happened that I fear may have me thrown from the Cabal.
One of the mini Moos just made herself some lunch. Spaghetti hoops on toast.

SHE RINSED THE SAUCE OFF.

Where did I go wrong?!!! I mean, she's a good kid, but I've obviously made mistakes in her upbringing.

Reactions: 80
She and her £20 shops are literally cited by people as a reason to reduce things like the vouchers, and either she’s too thick to realise or she doesn’t care.
She does realise. I remember reading an article years ago where she acknowledged her budget cooking articles and blog back then were being used by some Tories to basically say, "see, it can be done". Yet she has been doing the same thing recently with these ridiculous, disingenuous £20 shops. We have to assume therefore, that she just doesn't care. Shocker ay?

Reactions: 51
She's showing how clever she is at being poor.

Reactions: 39
I believe that she softly and gently increased her home security behind the scenes.

Reactions: 47
Sending you lots of love @Buscake
https://giphy.com/M8o1MOwcwsWOmueqN4

Reactions: 30
I wondered if she is so incredibly deluded she actually thought the video showed her in a good light? She thinks it will appease angry vegans commenting about kitten on the Linda M thread. 'Look! What are you complaining about!'
plus you can't see the poor things wee legs much in that sick fest

Reactions: 34
Her version of being poor involves getting a rich fiancé every few years. Why do the poor not simply find someone to marry.

Reactions: 63
You'll have to make her look at some of Jack's food pictures - show her where that culinary slippery slope will lead to

Reactions: 29
I think she is that deluded. The video is all about her – look at me being loving with a kitten, no one loves a kitten more than me and look how much the kitten loves me.

Reactions: 37
As long as she didn't add oil, hard cheese and plenty of black pepper and call it a pretentious Italian name, I wouldn't worry!

Reactions: 29
Just because ‘others have it worse’ doesn’t mean your feelings aren’t valid or not allowed. Please always ask how to do things because the fact that you’re even talking about how you are feeling - even if it’s to us non food experts who don’t dry orange peels on radiators - is really great.

To anyone who is feeling down or not themselves, please know that you can always DM me (I’m pretty sure I have that option ticked!). I can offer poor to average chat. You are important and you matter.

Reactions: 62
Quick, tell her to mix some table salt in the sauce and she will have an invigorating self tanning body scrub.

Reactions: 43
She also acknowledged it on instagram in connection with her most recent slop - something like she hadn't been posting as much slop as usual because she didn't want it to be used to attack the poor.

Reactions: 31
Her version of being poor involves getting a rich fiancé every few years. Why do the poor not simply find someone to marry.
Yeah was thinking this earlier today - last night's little allusion to her being used to having 2 incomes coming in is surely another stab at Louisa Compton for having the AUDACITY to LEAVE and plunging our poor smol pixie back into poverty.

Reactions: 52
She also acknowledged it on instagram in connection with her most recent slop - something like she hadn't been posting as much slop as usual because she didn't want it to be used to attack the poor.
Which is BS, if she hasn't been posting as much slop it's because she's lazy, and will only do something if she thinks there'll be money at the end of it!

Reactions: 31
Yeah was thinking this earlier today - last night's little allusion to her being used to having 2 incomes coming in is surely another stab at Louisa Compton for having the AUDACITY to LEAVE and plunging our poor smol pixie back into poverty.
Slightly OT but I wonder what the last straw was for Louisa. The way Jack used to talk about her on Twitter was awful at times, really belittling stuff to read.

Reactions: 37
the thing that’s really irritated me about the £350-£600 keyboard on top of the £500 sideboard, is that it needs a stand and a chair/stool. It doesn’t need a sideboard, and her kid will never learn to play the very expensive instrument without being able to sit with it properly. She’s got no respect for anything, she just buys and buys and buys with no thought.

Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.