Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
What the fuck is a 'granular scale'? Bisto is granular, garlic can be granular, tea can be granular. A scale is not granular. She is ridiculous. Those trainers are undeniably hideous, they look like the layers of an archeological dig. As a connoisseur of hench women, the 'strong thigh' comment is also stupid - it's just a normal, perfectly fine leg. Her hair does look nice though, I'll let her have that one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

TVC15

Just another example of her arrogance...she got lucky once, and thinks she's a maverick genius who doesn't need to try.

Gawd, can you tell she's struck a particular nerve with me today?😳
I know that nerve, and I think you're on to something about getting lucky once. When people were sharing her old blog posts, messy timeline aside, I was surprised by how authentic her writing seemed was back then. I tried to forget all I know about her today and think of her writing then and yeah, she had a voice. It wasn't that she was an excellent writer by any means, but there was a lot of promise --- she was a promising young writer with an interesting story that directly related to austerity Britain.

She's said many times, particularly when she glommed onto Greta's "autism is my superpower" comment, that she has some unique gift related to cooking and can bang out articles without a thought. She fell into a trap of thinking she's a genius and she's still there, complaining away about the hard work she's getting paid to do.

I'm autistic and I can say with some confidence that I do seem to have a savant-like ability to just know how to play instruments. It would drive my band instructor crazy. He was intense (think Whiplash). He brought grown men to tears during rehearsals. He hated that some things were easy for me. Some not all --- I struggled with a certain technique for years. And for years I would hear, "You're like all those talented ones. As soon as you hit a point where is isn't easy for you, you stop trying. Most people have to try to get where you are. Learn to try! Work hard!" He was absolutely right. I eventually developed a passable version of that technique, and it made a world of difference, but I didn't like trying.

You'd think a tryhard would try harder, tho.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
My customers would be pretty pissed off if they thought that I dashed off their order (in my creative business) the night before, when they believed they were paying a lot of money for something made with thought and care.

I just don't understand how she can tell her potential customers that a book has taken so little time, and has been shoddily rushed at the last minute, cobbled together from scraps of paper and tweets.

Just another example of her arrogance...she got lucky once, and thinks she's a maverick genius who doesn't need to try.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
FFS, anyone can make a list of what they need to do each day and make it sound like they’re super busy. Supervise art project? You mean put down some newspapers on the kitchen table. Research family tree? For a y6 that’s hardly going to be a deep dive into ancestry.com, it’ll be texting your parents to ask what granny’s maiden name was.

I think I have quite a similar daily life to Jack’s 🔺. I have one child a couple of years older than SB, a partner who’s out of the house 5.30am to 6pm weekdays and I’m a full time student, so no stranger to deadlines. I would never, ever complain that my life was sooo hard, because it’s not. Most of my friends have young children of multiple ages and are are trying to homeschool them while working from home in jobs where you can’t pick and chose what hours you work. One older, reasonably self sufficient child, occasionally needing to be online for meeting (or in my case lectures) and a job or studies where you can set your own hours is not that hard. If she’s pissed away the time she was meant to be writing her book by arsing around on Twitter then it’s her own stupid fault she’s run ragged now.

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Has she never heard of YouTube? I don’t get this carry on, there are literal kids making content on iPhones and go pros, you can buy reasonable mics as audio isn’t always the best on either and cobble it together yourself. We know a few “YouTubers” regularly putting out content with big view counts and they’re not putting in these hours to do it, I’m confused as to where she’s been the past 15 years?

That kitchen is also a fucking state 😷
The problem is she clearly believes that she's on the same level as That Man, Nigella, Forearm Matt etc, and deserves the same treatment.

Sorry Jack, but your distinct lack of a TV deal has less to do with your myriad alleged conditions, and more to do with this:

• Haha

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
She is a wheeze - "coaxed out of hiding" 😀
In reality she was in those starting blocks for weeks, ready to sprint out shouting, "Me, me! It's all about me!"

View attachment 404144

Is that a jar of dead moths behind her shoulder?

View attachment 404151
Matt's wife currently having to coax him down from hiding on top of the wardrobe, using some nice colourful food with texture, and repeated assurances that she would never let the BBC make him work with THAT WOMAN again

• Haha
  • Heart

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Sorry I am waaaaaay behind but ... the Del Monte cans "do my job" post:

1. She doesn't know what "squirrelling" means.

2. Del Monte's been conned. Seven weeks post launch and THIS is what she's come up with? Another half arsed stalling tactic.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I am actually fine if she pisses off and does lunchtime talks forever as long as she cancels her Patreon and tip jar (she won't as it's free money) and stops hogging the limelight on poverty.

She obviously enjoys it and seems to get good feedback. It's win win as she has just has to turn up - no prep required, and ramble on about herself and her "story" for an hour, and the organisation who book her get to tick a box.

It's all so Alan Partridge corporate videos except this time it's instagram vegans she has pissed off rather than farmers.

• Haha

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
My customers would be pretty pissed off if they thought that I dashed off their order (in my creative business) the night before, when they believed they were paying a lot of money for something made with thought and care.

I just don't understand how she can tell her potential customers that a book has taken so little time, and has been shoddily rushed at the last minute, cobbled together from scraps of paper and tweets.

She doesn't deserve any of it yet she is still so ungrateful, it really is infuriating! If I had the opportunity to be paid to write a cookbook it would be the realisation of my life's dream and I would put absolutely everything into it. She's just a lazy, incompetent spoilt brat who has been incredibly lucky in life thus far, despite all her claims otherwise.

• Heart
  • Sad

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Plenty of people have managed to do cooking videos on youtube and instagram with relatively basic set ups. Youre just shit at this, Monroe.

• Heart
  • Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
You know, I think with Jack's Serious Issues (alcoholism, EDs, gender etc), we all start out feeling sympathetic. Then we start to doubt. Then we feel guilty for doubting - because who would lie about something like that?

For me, I had an eating disorder, so I don't believe her on that count. I lost a parent to alcoholism, so I don't believe her on that count. And even though I'm far from an expert on trans issues, the fact that she lies about everything else makes me seriously doubt that this is the one thing she's being honest about.

20210126_184515.jpg

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jack-monroe_uk_57c93635e4b09f5b5e35d4cc

Facial hair? Come again?

• Wow
  • Haha