Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flash123

VIP Member
I always open these articles hoping to find new ideas, but am always disappointed. I already do everything suggested. I suppose that comes with being born just after the end of food rationing, and a mum still in that mindset.

I waste very little, but I do draw the line at making a vegetarian dish with veg peelings. To be honest, I rarely peel veg, preferring to give them a good scrub like my mum used to.

I hardly have any food waste, my food caddy normally only has tea leaves in it. Now one of you clever buggers are going to tell me what to do with those aren't you? 😂
Mix the tea leaves with some mixed herbs you have decanted into an empty milk bottle with some beetroot water and you can have a lovely alcohol free wine replacement.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Wow, so busy she has time to pose for random photos and upload them to SM.

I can totally see why a nurse coming off a night shift would feel lazy in comparison.

• Haha
  • Heart

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
The last few days have shown again that Jack really does cosplay everything, she really is Jack completed it Monroe. This is one of the many reasons why I can't take her seriously, not even mentioning the other many valid reasons why I dislike her.
Since I have personal experience of a few things she claims to have I can simply say that I don't believe her. And that is me being generous acknowledging the fact that while people can have e.g. the same illness or issue, their experiences can differ strongly due to structural life differences but also according to personality and the ability or willingness to adapt.
Like many others here I strongly feel that with her cosplay she is mocking people with real issues. It certainly offends me.

It might have been an article here, can't remember, but I recently read something about attractive influencers doing this thing about 'finally showing my really ugly toe', being all coquettish and fishing, knowing very well that they are not unattractive and then you look at the toe and see it is perfectly 'normal' toe.

So strange that she had got all the ailments in the world but not the unattractive ones.
Where is incontinence and excessive sweating and smelly mouth on anyone's list on social media profiles?

Anyway, I despise her for her grifting and softly, gently giving people the impression she is still in need of money. The rest of the stuff is impersonally filed as a modern day influencer type who does not have a real job, apart from writing the odd cookery book, I am again being generous.
Her cooking style does NOT help people who are poor anyway.

• Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
18 TIMES??? I felt displaced and awful after moving 5 times (from age 3-15), let alone 18 times before the age of 13!?
Don't worry, she counts having a sleepover at a friend's house as moving house. She hasn't moved 18 times. It's bullshit. Just like everything else she says.

• Haha
  • Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Sorry but what the fuck is this twee bollocks?

View attachment 406262

Who are these inanimate plastic receptacles talking to?!

Someone should get the vegan squigs onto the monetised partnership with Del Monte with the exploitation of workers and landgrabs in developing countries.
These bins are the most insane thing I've ever seen. And I've seen the sideboard photos.

• Haha

Falkor

VIP Member
"It's got the floofy lining through the whole inside, it's like wearing an actual sheep"

HANDS OFF, MONROE!! Very glad I tracked down my missing ones or I'd be mildly worried.

That said, that jacket is nothing like wearing an actual sheep, speaking as someone who once ended up flat on her back with 60kg of wriggling one-year-old ewe clutched to her chest in triumph after we did several comedy circuits of the pen I had them in. The jacket has no mud on it, doesn't smell of wet wool and isn't trying to kick seven bells out of you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Emmapism

VIP Member
Is she trying to get people to do her Del Monte work for her too?!

ETA: The fact that you only want to be on TV again because it made you feel important and people bought you things, is evident. Unfortunately for you, you've got neither the talent nor the temperament to make a career of it. But keep dreaming Jackie.

• Haha
  • Angry

BantzMonkey

I'm confused, is she implying that she is larger than usual because she's been recipe testing? After months and months of saying she's been really ill and thin? Who gains that amount of weight that quickly? I don't usually speculate on appearance but why is she saying these things? 🙄 Looks completely her 'normal' self to me. She's so damaging.
The comment about her 'strong thigh' is just fishing for comments about her appearance. She's so fucking thirsty.

• Sad
  • Angry

Charitas

Chatty Member
Why does she even need to convert fractions into percentages? Isn't that what her son is supposed to be doing?
My year six not very sb, is doing fractions to percentages he gets a power point thingy with examples ,some worksheets to do and the answers to check them. I na g and check he has submitted it. It takes longer to use the PDF editor and then upload it to Google drive. And experience has taught me there is always a David Attenbourgh programme pertinent to any natural world type work

Plus frankly we have daily maths and English tasks and an afternoon task relating to other topics currently Victorians and drugs and a piece of French work. The list sounds like all the afternoons put together. Not druggie Victorians, school thinks now is the time to educate my son on the evils of alcohol and caffeine so he can lecture me

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
The Sainsbury’s ad (looooool) and the Big Benefits Debate (“my grandfather is DEAD”) both took place in 2014 so why the fuck is she still performing childlike naïveté at the wonders of studio lighting?

She’s been on telly for seven years, the dolt. I guess she figures that pretending she’s new is a good excuse for her consistent chaotic and underprepared appearances.

It isn’t though 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Has she never heard of YouTube? I don’t get this carry on, there are literal kids making content on iPhones and go pros, you can buy reasonable mics as audio isn’t always the best on either and cobble it together yourself. We know a few “YouTubers” regularly putting out content with big view counts and they’re not putting in these hours to do it, I’m confused as to where she’s been the past 15 years?

That kitchen is also a fucking state 😷

• Haha

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Once again she is pandering to the right wing portrayal of people on benefits.

It's a very fine line between "if you buy cheap beans you can have nice things" (Jack's reasoning) and "it's feckless spending that's the reason you can't feed yourself with the benefits you get" (right wing narrative)

Indeed isn't it the right wing that say feckless spending by the young is the reason they can't afford to buy a property?
The thing this div doesn’t seem to grasp (although she pretends to) is that you need to have the money in the first place. You can’t save if you’re on benefits, it’s allegedly enough to live on (it’s not) and that’s it. Nothing to do with what beans you buy. You’re right, you don’t have to scratch very far to reveal her Tory underbelly.

• Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
I'm confused, is she implying that she is larger than usual because she's been recipe testing? After months and months of saying she's been really ill and thin? Who gains that amount of weight that quickly? I don't usually speculate on appearance but why is she saying these things? 🙄 Looks completely her 'normal' self to me. She's so damaging.

• Heart

Flash123

VIP Member
That’s not a house hindered by poverty , there’s plenty of money there.

The masses who think Jack Monroe is thinking of them need to see her for the greedy , attention seeking idiot she is.
Her house is full of lovely possessions. There is nothing wrong with that. Pretending to be poor and showing a good keyboard on top of a fancy sideboard with some framed art prints is not someone who can’t afford butter.

who knew it would be the vegans who would start to fight back!

• Heart