Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
boyfriend's playing a find the words in the wheel type game. just looked over his shoulder and yelled "rinse!" and HOOTED

explained about beans and he says it's a waste and she's stupid. I just love how he understands! ❤🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's liking tweets critical of Simon Wood's recipes for people using food banks / parcels.

Comrade Jack, #feedthechildren Jack, Diplomat Jack AND Consistent Jack have entered the chat!

View attachment 400370View attachment 400371View attachment 400372
What was I saying about Roadside Mum....nothing will ever be enough.

Odd that when Jack is handing out recipes and advice to "the poors" it is OK, but when it is Simon Wood and Andy Burnham do it, it's all about "private profit has ripped the food from the tables of the nations working class children". And Andy is not "punching down", he is attempting to find ways in which to help people.

As for Roadside Mum's assertion that "The problem was never that mothers were useless in the kitchen" shows how naïve she is. And while we are at it, how bloody patronising that it is only mothers that need to know how to cook.

These people don't want compromise and a fair share of wealth, they are like Wolfie Smith and the Tooting Popular Front. They won't be happy until they get their "glorious revolution".

It is pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
No snow here in Southend today. Very cold and raining. Not the weather to let a rabbit out. Or to leave in the garage. I’ve just been to my 2nd freezer (fancy) in my garage and I nearly perished. (I didn’t, but let’s be dramatic)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
What was I saying about Roadside Mum....nothing will ever be enough.

Odd that when Jack is handing out recipes and advice to "the poors" it is OK, but when it is Simon Wood and Andy Burnham do it, it's all about "private profit has ripped the food from the tables of the nations working class children".

These people don't want compromise and a fair share of wealth, they are like Wolfie Smith and the Tooting Popular Front. It is pathetic.
Yeah? No one is saying the boxes are acceptable, however due to the lack of proper food education in uk schools now a lot of people would struggle with what to do with those Morrison’s boxes too. Simon at least seems to be making easy suggestions which could help many people and is more realistic than 7p of onion and 9p of anchiode

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She does talk complete shite, my dad was Scottish and my mum was from a different part of the country to where I was born, with a noticeably different accent, at no point in my lifetime have I ever opened my mouth and have either of them pop out, och eye the noo.
Very rarely but mainly when I'm deliberately channelling them ...

My favourite is Faa sconned yer doup an caaed ye bubbly? My dad used to say that to me, deliberately copying his gran, and now I say it to my dogs when they're upset about something 😄.

OMG, I've been in the deep south so long that I nearly wrote cried instead of caaed then; help, I'm losing my own dialect!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve seen a food parcel with a tin of coconut milk in. I guess it depends on the community but some communities think it’s fairly essential. Not any of the communities Jack appropriates.

Reactions: 47
Yeah? No one is saying the boxes are acceptable, however due to the lack of proper food education in uk schools now a lot of people would struggle with what to do with those Morrison’s boxes too. Simon at least seems to be making easy suggestions which could help many people and is more realistic than 7p of onion and 9p of anchiode
Plus, a coconut and potato curry seems a lot more flavourful and nourishing than whatever nonsense Jack usually cooks up :sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It feels a little "draw me like one of your french girls".

I am a horrible human being btw and should be ejected from the cabal. A friend sent an article via whatsapp about her lovely great uncle who had recently passed and my immediate thought was to reply MY GREAT UNCLE IS DEAD, which made me laugh ny arse off. Laughing at your own jokes is terrrible.

I should add that I did send an appropriate response!
Eject you? Promote Malibu Barbie to VIP I say 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve seen a food parcel with a tin of coconut milk in. I guess it depends on the community but some communities think it’s fairly essential. Not any of the communities Jack appropriates.
One of the food banks actually commented to say they gets loads of coconut milk and thought the recipe was really useful.
to be honest this has got me thinking that next foodbank donation it might be nice to donate a load of spices or would it be better to just stick to standard tins?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
One of the food banks actually commented to say they gets loads of coconut milk and thought the recipe was really useful.
to be honest this has got me thinking that next foodbank donation it might be nice to donate a load of spices or would it be better to just stick to standard tins?
I'd go with tins (tomatoes, chickpeas/beans, coconut milk), perhaps some microwave rice, and one of those curry-spice mixes. Alternatively, you could put in a curry sauce - those are really useful!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Huh, these recipes look tasty, and lots of them are even vegan! Who knew that you didn't need to eat slop all the time??
He can cook and knows about food , unlike the chancer who fancies drawing Nigella’s snow filled garden 🙄.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Morning, Jack. Good night's sleep, then?

View attachment 399938

Best check he hasn't frozen to death overnight.
I feel so sorry for the seemingly mainly forgotten rabbit; on its own in a cold garage, no natural light, no warmth from the sun, it must be miserable... ☹

Edit: I’ve seen the video of him eating his salad now, there does indeed appear to be sunlight... I retract (part of) my point
Still think he’d be happier not locked in a garage, poor rabbit, I’m sure he’d love to explore the garden and munch on some grass

Last edited:
  • Sad
She could have been posting recipes for food boxes/vouchers but she was too busy sorting out paid partnerships with Linda McCartney and Del Monte?

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.