Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack has started following Clarence Court Eggs on IG. Please no, she'd better not be harking after a partnership with these people, I love their eggs 😨
That sinking feeling you get when Jack casts a dead shark eye in the direction of something you like is quite, quite terrifying. Like a mixture of despair, creeping dread and revulsion.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Use an empty Pringles tube to to store pasta, and enjoy your. family's disappointment when they open the tube.
My dad used to use old ice-cream tubs to store frozen pasta sauce and curries, and I always fell for it :(

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Is Jack missing her deadline because she has to knit the blanket to prove to the cabal that she finishes things?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
"1 quick chat" 😂
Thrifty Jack is my favourite Jack because she brings out the hilarious side of the cabal. I can't wait till this book is published. It's going to be gloriously, absurdly bad...
I didn’t think anyone would notice that, I just stuck it in to amuse myself!
Totally agree, I’ve been laughing out loud so much!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Thread suggestions.

Jack Monroe: Repurposed it, repeated it, retweeted it.

Jack Monroe: Accidentally not vegan.

• Haha
I really hope we are witnessing the end of her relevance at long last. The sheer amount of ridiculousness and fuckery in the past year alone is enough to make any organisation or collaborator with half a brain cell run far, far away from her, no?

20210125_235145.jpg

Lavender bath salt, how can you blitz something to get the oil out, and then somehow have the buds remaining to use next time?

She hasn't got a bleeping clue..

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Its truly amazing that the baking tray over the sink to keep washing up water warm was almost overlooked due to collective frau astonishment over buy loads of herbs and put them in a big container for literally no stated reason. (Also how can A POOR buy extra herbs at once Jack, it eats massively into my butter budget?)

But it's legit the maddest thing I've heard, how many hours does the wash up take? Is she taking breaks? What does the tip achieve? I'm starting to wonder if it's just meant to heat up the kitchen or something? I'm literally sitting here wondering if putting a baking tray over hot water in your sink could possibly keep your kitchen warm?? Wondering about this is going to be what breaks me😳
I've just been doing the dishes by hand cos the dishwasher is kaput and I was thinking about the metal tray thing. All it would do is heat up the metal tray. The heat would still be lost from the water, but it would heat up the baking tray instead of the air. Maybe you are supposed to toast crumpets on the heated baking tray from your washing up water.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
The baking tray thing is just sheer unadulterated madness.

What problem is she solving? Someone please explain!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If you go to the seaside and fill containers with sea water, you can then evaporate off the water and get free salt. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.