Jack Monroe #14 Tweet, delete, check Tattle, repeat? Yes, absolutely x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How would milk fat or brand of peanut butter make that much of a difference? You could use water in muffins, they’d be shite, but the mills not the rising agent. And peanut butter could make them claggy if it’s the full nut kind. But won’t make that much difference. 🙄
It wouldn't. JM the silly bint should have tested her recipes time and time again, like a normal person would who was producing a book.

Reactions: 5
We need an insomniacs section here. I was thinking of the things Jack says and how she makes it obvious she reads here, that everyone in this wonderful little group can so easily call her out on her lies and that is enraging her and possibly terrifying her as well that her entire life's work could be destroyed. I can see narcissist traits in her and also trying to decipher the fb post tonight (the words she uses to describe work is very telling). There is another mention of her seeing one of her many psychiatrists. Also the tattoos,haircut, poverty lifestyle, mental health, illnesses, etc all used as personality traits and leaves me wondering if she has any personality apart from these?
I've had a really tit life and I don't talk about it, I don't think most sane people do to be honest, and most certainly not for attention. But Jack has to blame everything on us instead of looking inwards and realising she is the cause of all her problems. I read out the fb statement and hubby fell about laughing, and said what work? What exactly does she do?
And the other thing that will be pissing her off no end is the love in this group, we have our discussions about her and then it's onto other subjects, support, real recipes, pets, and so on. If anyone wants to discuss insomnia I'm up for that🙋‍♀️ and she can't keep saying we are vile trolls who are harassing her. Heretoreaditall thanks for posting that link, hope Jack sees it and is educated on what harassment actually is. Although she will probably try to use it as yet another personality trait.
On insomnia, I can say what I did with chronic insomnia. Last year was brutal in so many ways, and my already bad sleep got horribly bad. By the end of the year & January, my average sleep was under five hours - but based on crashing at the weekend from exhaustion, with several nights at 2/3 hours. I was running on empty and was struggling to manage life. In February, I did six weeks of the Whole 30 - basically no sugar, alcohol, grains, caffeine, no processed foods. It is a faddish diet but I only did it for 30 days and don’t believe it cutting entire food groups out. I also did an incredibly strict bedtime routine, time of going to bed and time of getting up. I got fresh air every day in day light every day and did some form of exercise. I kept a sleep journal - concerns & worries, to do list and gratitude each night. It has worked - my average sleep went to five and half hours ( measured by Fitbit which is inaccurate but I figure the trend is the important bit - and Fitbit normally says I had more sleep than I think I do). For me, this draconian approach did work but it does require six weeks of really focussing on it to start with.

Reactions: 6
It wouldn't. JM the silly bint should have tested her recipes time and time again, like a normal person would who was producing a book.
What was the phrase she use on Dk, was it ‘once and done’. It was when Matt asked her about developing recipes, I remember he was shocked, not as shocked as when she was promoting roasting garlic in the microwave...he saved this face for that...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Totally OT but I remember my dad telling me he went to Romania in the 80s so still under communism, and just that there were stray dogs EVERYWHERE to the extent that his abiding memory is being on the plane to leave and just hearing dogs barking.. a friend went there for work last year and said basically the same, does anyone know why this is the case??
My husband works with a couple of Romanians. They say life was and is very tough there and that people didnt have much spare capacity to be tenderhearted towards humans, let alone animals. I always wondered how the orphanages could be allowed but hearing their stories (and those of my daughter's godmother who grew up under the Soviets in the Baltic area) I really understand a little more about the suffering and how it affected the generations.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Totally OT but I remember my dad telling me he went to Romania in the 80s so still under communism, and just that there were stray dogs EVERYWHERE to the extent that his abiding memory is being on the plane to leave and just hearing dogs barking.. a friend went there for work last year and said basically the same, does anyone know why this is the case??
I've never actually been but I have heard that, as a whole, it's not a country which treats dogs very well (I don't want to sounds xenophobic or anything, lord knows there are plenty of other countries like that). I do know that there are a lot of charities which work in tandem with dog rescue places over there and bring them over here for adoption, there are quite a few Romanian dogs in my neighbourhood alone.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My husband works with a couple of Romanians. They say life was and is very tough there and that people didnt have much spare capacity to be tenderhearted towards humans, let alone animals. I always wondered how the orphanages could be allowed but hearing their stories (and those of my daughter's godmother who grew up under the Soviets in the Baltic area) I really understand a little more about the suffering and how it affected the generations.
Interesting thanks!

Not gonna lie - I am fizzing with anticipation to see the fruits of her labour since she started filming 'Jack Monroe's Camp Kitchen' 2 weeks ago. She has done so well to avoid the temptation to share daily updates on what recipes she has put on camera from the "..... greatest hits of Bootstrap, Tin Can Cook, A Girl Called Jack, some Veganish, with some Lockdown Larder bits thrown in and some brand new stuff as well". It sounded so well-planned and ready to go - I cannot imagine it being anything other than a fantastic success to match the heights of Daily Kitchen Live.

Hopefully post-production will not identify any need for re-shoots or pick-ups as continuity could be an issue with the new hair cut. I would imagine her partner's input and experience will have been invaluable in these filming matters. With her busy schedule at Channel 4, I hope that she has been able to find time to be on hand to advise. Jack has rarely mentioned her since filming began, but I am sure she has been there to support this exciting new venture.

Does anyone know where and when we can watch 'Jack Monroe's Camp Kitchen'?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I cannot recall who asked or mentioned that Jacks dad is a landlord. Apparently (don't sue me) he is the owner of
Marine Villas Property Portfolio.

This, where she says her inability to learn to drive - she could, didn't she sell her car? https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...-tins-twitter-and-talking-about-gender-102271
That article is a treasure trove. I particularly enjoyed this bit.

"... her kitchen being literally a ‘nook’ where she can touch both walls, then adds needlessly, “I’ve got a very analytical brain.”

Yep, same kitchen we all saw on DK.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On insomnia, I can say what I did with chronic insomnia. Last year was brutal in so many ways, and my already bad sleep got horribly bad. By the end of the year & January, my average sleep was under five hours - but based on crashing at the weekend from exhaustion, with several nights at 2/3 hours. I was running on empty and was struggling to manage life. In February, I did six weeks of the Whole 30 - basically no sugar, alcohol, grains, caffeine, no processed foods. It is a faddish diet but I only did it for 30 days and don’t believe it cutting entire food groups out. I also did an incredibly strict bedtime routine, time of going to bed and time of getting up. I got fresh air every day in day light every day and did some form of exercise. I kept a sleep journal - concerns & worries, to do list and gratitude each night. It has worked - my average sleep went to five and half hours ( measured by Fitbit which is inaccurate but I figure the trend is the important bit - and Fitbit normally says I had more sleep than I think I do). For me, this draconian approach did work but it does require six weeks of really focussing on it to start with.
I work with a woman who’s a huge advocate for cutting out entire food groups to cure ailments like bloating and sleep. She got really unwell following a bout of food poisoning and found herself developing allergies to tons in adulthood - like gluten, dairy, I can’t remember the others off the top of my head but she has to be SO careful eating now. She is lovely and not one of those orthorexia Instagram diet girls, she was always advocating cutting out white bread to me (I love it too much so ignored her 😳) as she said that’s really good for you and will completely change how you feel in your body. Obviously she’s not a doctor or other HCP but it might be worth looking into if you’re desperate?

Re late night gang I wake up and wee about 5 times a night now I’ve got a huge baby crushing my bladder so I’ll come check in on you guys ☺

Reactions: 8
1589181861740.png

Saint Jack.

1589182080114.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I cannot recall who asked or mentioned that Jacks dad is a landlord. Apparently (don't sue me) he is the owner of
Marine Villas Property Portfolio.

This, where she says her inability to learn to drive - she could, didn't she sell her car? https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...-tins-twitter-and-talking-about-gender-102271
This goes a long way to explain the class caricatures we have to endure tbh, those 😬 moments in those articles that really miss the mark make total sense now. As do the establishment friendships, they have far more in common than not fundamentally 🤷🏻‍♀️. & The middle of the road soft left / Lib Dem-esque politics, she’s never been particularly radically left really.

And none of this is harassment or cussing her out it’s literally just observations, no one has to be radically left if they don’t want to, and we’re allowed to talk about politics fgs 🙄

Reactions: 12
She even admitted some were totally untested!

She’s in the wrong career regardless 🤷🏻‍♀️
Was about to comment exactly this!

View attachment 127508

Saint Jack.

View attachment 127509
Wtf why would a child with unsupervised net access google their mums name?!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She even admitted some were totally untested!

Was about to comment exactly this!

Wtf why would a child with unsupervised net access google their mums name?!
they google fart noises, roblox, fortnite, football stuff, good jokes/riddles, occasionally even a naughty word like ‘bum’ they would NEVER google mum’s name ! Usual woe is me Jack tit ... she’s projecting her own browser usage, not her sons...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
they google fart noises, roblox, fortnite, football stuff, good jokes/riddles, occasionally even a naughty word like ‘bum’ they would NEVER google mum’s name ! Usual woe is me Jack tit ... she’s projecting her own browser usage, not her sons...
Exactly ! Her lies are always so unbelievable

Reactions: 8
How would milk fat or brand of peanut butter make that much of a difference? You could use water in muffins, they’d be shite, but the mills not the rising agent. And peanut butter could make them claggy if it’s the full nut kind. But won’t make that much difference. 🙄
Both people have responded now to her questions... let’s see if JM responds again! They’ve both put down there own baking skills as a result of it not working which is so sad. Baking is all about precision. Cooking you can be more loose with. Good baking recipes should work if you follow them closely. (I’m a reasonable baker and my husband is the cook here - won’t follow recipes closely enough to bake but is great on flavour!)

Reactions: 9
I work with a woman who’s a huge advocate for cutting out entire food groups to cure ailments like bloating and sleep. She got really unwell following a bout of food poisoning and found herself developing allergies to tons in adulthood - like gluten, dairy, I can’t remember the others off the top of my head but she has to be SO careful eating now. She is lovely and not one of those orthorexia Instagram diet girls, she was always advocating cutting out white bread to me (I love it too much so ignored her 😳) as she said that’s really good for you and will completely change how you feel in your body. Obviously she’s not a doctor or other HCP but it might be worth looking into if you’re desperate?

Re late night gang I wake up and wee about 5 times a night now I’ve got a huge baby crushing my bladder so I’ll come check in on you guys ☺
Ah - I don’t believe in cutting out entire food groups at all but for a short term fix, I think it’s fine. What is interesting is I came to my family for lockdown ( I live alone and have the neighbours from hell in terms of noise) and am not remotely eating that healthy - although it’s not processed and have been ok - sleeping relatively normally for me. But am definitely eating more bread and cake than normal.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.