Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god, there’s performative frugality, and there’s pretending you hoard the oil you get with tinned fish one tablespoon at a time.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I'm not vegan or even vegetarian although I do eat a good few meat free meals through the month. I did complain to LM about their collab with this dick though, specifically about her pushing of the hole & toenail sausages & tit lumps of cooking bacon, even on stuff like SBs breakfast porridge that she was doing with the £20 shops. I eat meat, but it isnt low welfare meat like she was pushing . 🐽

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Anyone who has ever had an eating disorder has never ever had to set an alarm to eat. I can't really express how offended I am by her claims to have been anorexic at one time and now needs alarm reminders to eat. Cosplaying serious illness is not a bleeping game you selfish self obsessed thieving bleep.
I was anorexic in my 20s and still, occasionally, get triggered byi it now. I don’t set alarms to eat, either I eat or I don't . AND if anorexic and going through that particular trauma, you are NOT going to remind yourself to eat because you don’t actually WANT to. Unless youve had a significant amount of therapy you are not going to obey an eating alarm. She is the bigggest, most vile, stupid twit that EVER walked on this earth. Why cant she just shut the duck up? She is not a therapist, she is not an expert.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Oh no. In discussing her origin story (which they genuinely keep referring to as her origin story) she said she knows the exact date her blog took off (I think she giggle-mentioned something about autism but the audio quality is abysmal) and then reveals she knows the specific date of her son's conception 😨 It's 2pm 4th July 2009 by the way.

Sorry but if I know this, you have to know this too. It's only fair.
I think on one of the versions she mentioned, SB was conceived the one and only time ahem “it” happened between her and his dad so she may well know the exact date from that. No judgement if it’s true, but I know she’s told several versions so I’m not sure.

Reactions: 20
I think on one of the versions she mentioned, SB was conceived the one and only time ahem “it” happened between her and his dad so she may well know the exact date from that. No judgement if it’s true, but I know she’s told several versions so I’m not sure.
This makes me angry. Her son is a human being who will almost certainly NOT want to know about his conception. Imagine if the kids at school hear about this...that couid be more traumatising than the moonshine mash.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Once you share an image to Twitter, they have a lot of rights. And one of the rights they afford others is to share the image, not just on their platform, but also in news publications as long as the post and image are embedded.

It's why it's so common now to see FB images on the news when people are in the news for whatever reason. In the olden days, you might get a school photo if a teen went missing. Now it's always teen hanging with friends, teen selfie, teen playing football. The press has immediate access and doesn't need to seek permission.
We had a Police officer do a talk at the miniest Moo's school. He was on the Social media team and what he told us was eye opening.
Basically when you join Twitter/FB/IG etc there's a tonne of terms and conditions that no bugger ever reads but we all tick the box to agree. You've just signed pretty much all your rights away.
The example he used was 'Why is Zuckerman a Billionaire when Facebook is free?' You put anything on their sites and they can do whatever they want with your info and pictures.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Mugs, Rugs and Prescription Drugs - she has scissors and isn't afraid to use them. Has the 'Wardrobe of a Departed Ex-Fiancée Rug' been ruled out?

Seriously, all I can think looking at that rug monstrosity is how the duck are you hoovering that or in any way keeping it clean? It must be full of dust, tit and filth. A bit like her nails then

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Jack: What ho Twitter followers! As you all know I am very frugal indeed. You all could learn a thing or two from my frugal tips!

Also Jack: I bought this butter dish. I know there's something I'm supposed to put it in it but I can't for the life of me think what. Anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Only last night I used some oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes to fry off some onion, but the filtering nonsense makes me want to die, to be honest.

Why would you mix old fish oil with other old oil? And the cheap sausage runoff 🤢 good god. A bottle of oil is not expensive if you just buy normal tit. Like a pound. Butter is not expensive, despite Jack’s obsession with lard. Why risk botulism to play at frugality?!

What the duck is the matter with her fawning fans?!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
I mean, there's keeping eg duck fat for roast potatoes and stuff.

then there's hoarding old fishy oil 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Also surely the best thing to do with fat "pouring" out of lamb is to immediately make a gravy or sauce with it? Rather than messing about with congealed, heavily lamb-flavoured fat? Lamb has a very strong flavour and I wouldn't want that fatty muttony taste corrupting my stir fry the next day 😷

• Sick
Reactions: 46
She says that her first blog post was essentially a suicide note but she decided to live after she got up in the morning to find she'd gone viral and had hundreds of messages to reply to people. Apparently she replied to everyone because 'I'm autistic and I find it incredibly rude not to reply to people'. Well I'm autistic and I find it incredibly rude to reply snarkily to squiggles and incite pile-ons on Twitter 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.