Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just checked out the replies to that Cambridge alumni (!) snitch tagging Jack about Tattle (of course you were looking for a recipe, hun. Grift slop, by any chance?) and found this one particularly hilarious:

View attachment 395276

The irony of someone ostensibly deploring unkindness, while using utterly dehumanising language (*cough Katie Hopkins cockroaches cough*) about a group of people she knows absolutely nothing about. Simply for daring to question the povvo queen of hearts.

We all know exactly why we’re here and most of us attempt to spread the word about Jack in our personal circles. You’re all bleeping hilarious and compassionate (often where I find myself lacking). This place has a greater proportion of people with or working towards doctorates than I’ve ever come across outside of work or a conference. People here know frankly terrifying amounts about tech, healthcare, law, education, food, welfare, etc. But go off, Squig, we must all be terrible for having a critical thought.

Potential thread title: Jack Monroe #139 Exit via the Grift Slop.
Hold up a mirror and I think a lot of ppl here are gorge and interesting people tbh 😂 Loads of fraus have shared pictures or interests and we’re all entirely normal, plus had a nose at the LindaM comment likers the other day and there were loads of cool vegans who are up to speed on Jack’s antics (thought I liked a pic on one of their pages from over a year ago and was nearly sick tho).

Othering detractors makes people feel better, like they have to be these other worldly troll beings to dare have adverse opinions on them and the stuff they like? It’s so bizarre and childish, the world is full of different people and their differing opinions and that’s fine we can all do exist in peace?! Why do we all have to be in complete agreement that everything ever is fantastic? We are allowed to challenge things! Are book/film/tv reviews bad now? This #bekind tit is so gross, basically don’t you dare comment on anything an influencer does whilst they’re lining their pockets at your expense?! Truly mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Same. I genuinely thought he was a better judge of character.

And regardless of that, she’s just not an interesting or likeable interview guest.
Babe, same. I listen to JOB every day and I was so disappointed to hear that she is his latest Full Disclosure guest. It’s bad enough hearing Jack in small doses with her put on, “I’m so nervous” trembly voice. I’ll be fucked if I’m going to listen to a whole podcast of her, “I was a single mum on benefits, first we feed the children etc etc” yawnfest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I don't think the paging service exists anymore (actually it still does I've just checked! But I bet jm and rm don't have pagers)
Oh yes pagers (“bleeps”) are the bane of my existence in the NHS. Plus they try to threaten us with a charge of £600 if they get lost or damaged because they’re so expensive to replace as no one bloody uses them anymore!
Perhaps Jack could add that to her thunderclap tonight...

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Same. I genuinely thought he was a better judge of character.

And regardless of that, she’s just not an interesting or likeable interview guest.
He really isn't. I think his credulous championing of Carl Beech and slating of other news outlets for being more cautious in their reporting shows that he'll believe in anyone who supports the position he wishes to take at that time. He's just an opinions guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Don't you be dragging Nigel Slater into your weird chat up scenarios Jack...
Also, Marmalade how long have you been gathering receipts?!!! You really are a skilled archivist...
😄 I only search when they're needed. I don't keep any receipts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh yes pagers (“bleeps”) are the bane of my existence in the NHS. Plus they try to threaten us with a charge of £600 if they get lost or damaged because they’re so expensive to replace as no one bloody uses them anymore!
Perhaps Jack could add that to her thunderclap tonight...
Oh yeah it’s thunderclap night , totally forgot about that 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I would love to know the answer to this, seriously, but also to add has anyone ever been able to file a cats nails without them scratching the tit out of you? I have a miserly old man cat and he barely goes outside so he has very long gnarly claws that get stuck in EVERYTHING. I can't find a way to get near him to try and sort them out myself! He scares me.

Also, if JM partners with SMOL I will be sending a strongly worded email to them in disapppointment. I use their products and find them really good.
Our cat has not had his claws trimmed since February; he usuallyhas it done at the vets because I don't want my face clawed off.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
and her 'friend' Vix the bleep tweeted something along the lines of another A plus pass for kitty. bleep.
kitten comment

Long time ago knew of the Supervet through business - before he had all the tv shows and just had his super fancy practice. He was known then as a supersofty with animals, do anything for them, give freebies for a sob story of couldn’t afford the bionics etc. But as soon as she said that I thought ‘he wouldn’t touch that with a barge pole’ because it would be cruelty to do anything other than give the poor thing a painless peaceful end.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm still concerned about the rug 😞 I'm listening to the podcast for my sins and she's just claimed her son's dad has been doorstepped by journalists and 'mendacious pricks'. Please, move on from M in the dictionary. We've had marauding, then we have mendacious, what about 'mendicant' Jack? I think she's trolling us, she's just mentioned talking in forensic detail about expenses. It's just an extended The Poverty origin story. Now she's claiming that she sets alarms on her phone to remind her to eat because she never feels hungry anymore from missing meals for days on end during The Poverty.

Is squig upset about us wanting to smash a stupid robot to smithereens with a catering-size tin of fruit cocktail?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Poor SB's dad if that is true. But why would the media even bother? They were not interested in her nudes or anything else she has to say unless she is riding Marcus' coattails.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm still concerned about the rug 😞 I'm listening to the podcast for my sins and she's just claimed her son's dad has been doorstepped by journalists and 'mendacious pricks'. Please, move on from M in the dictionary. We've had marauding, then we have mendacious, what about 'mendicant' Jack? I think she's trolling us, she's just mentioned talking in forensic detail about expenses. It's just an extended The Poverty origin story. Now she's claiming that she sets alarms on her phone to remind her to eat because she never feels hungry anymore from missing meals for days on end during The Poverty.

Is squig upset about us wanting to smash a stupid robot to smithereens with a catering-size tin of fruit cocktail?
Pie Jesu, what fresh hell is this?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Why would anyone want to listen to the O'Brien podcast? He has said it's a must listen but......why? Beyond a liberal Twitter circle jerk, what is it offering?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
It's was a thing that poor people did so they didn't have bare floors. My mum made them as a child, as did my mother in law.

An old sack and worn out clothes, and something to act as a hook to get the fabric pushed through so you could knot it. They made them in winter when there was nothing else to do in an evening. My mum had electric lighting, my mother in law worked by candle light!

(nb. I am northern, I'm from lancashire, mil was Yorkshire)
My grampy made them from old sacks and cut up clothes. He was from Cardiff.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.