Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was always strange to me
that the kitten died practically the day before her trip to Edinburgh, which had obviously been booked WAY in advance. I'm not saying she hastened the end...but she sure didn't help it. It was pretty convenient.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to move on from the rug. I actually quite like the idea in general and it’s just the size and length of strips and weird colour distribution of Jack’s that gets to me. I found this video of one with less *ahem* floof being vacuumed very satisfying.

yes I do believe I may now have an obsession with hitherto unknown rag rugs. Is this how it starts?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Linda M's Twitter has almost forgotten Jack....
The collab pics have got unbelievably low interactions and the comments are almost completely negative. FB seems slightly more positive, but still hardly anything compared to previous posts.

Reactions: 23
When I think that not much has happened to me personally this year (except the pandemic of course) I then remember all the various chaoses that have occurred with Jack in less than a year, and I am exhausted at the thought. The Kittengate was only mere months ago yet so much has ensued since, you would think it happened years ago. Edinburgh too! DKL? Happened years ago, mate... Or so it seems. I can no longer commit to proper grunks but appreciate the thread recaps and will keep popping my head in the most recent thread. One Jack Year feels like a decade of happenings, to me. o_O

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Why does she have so much crockery? It's not like she's hosting dinner parties - even in normal times she doesn't seem to have any friends!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don’t vac my rag rugs. You ruin them by doing that. All the fibres at the raw edges will go into the vac and spoil it. A good bashing outside gets dust out a real treat.
Kitten was what finished any speck of compassion I could have felt for Jack.

If I'd even attempted to blow dry one of my cats it would have scratched my face off or if unable to get away, been extremely traumatised by it. They are perfectly well-adjusted mouse murdering machines cats but don't like traffic noises or loud sounds from hoovers, hairdryers, blenders, chairs being scraped, children...

Reactions: 32
Why does she have so much crockery? It's not like she's hosting dinner parties - even in normal times she doesn't seem to have any friends!
Are you not familiar with her body of work, Sinead? Presentation is very important to Jack when presenting her slop to a stunned public.

• Haha
when I was researching for the receipt of the “minimalist” claim I found this picture of what apparently amounts to less than 20% of her crockery. She says it is all necessary so she can stylise her food photography appropriately.
176E7CF6-80EE-43CB-B2A0-854C76F7CFB4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
If I'd even attempted to blow dry one of my cats it would have scratched my face off or if unable to get away, been extremely traumatised by it. They are perfectly well-adjusted mouse murdering machines cats but don't like traffic noises or loud sounds from hoovers, hairdryers, blenders, chairs being scraped, children...
Last cat I had wouldn't even let me blow dry my own hair and God help anyone foolish enough to file their nails in his presence.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I don’t vac my rag rugs. You ruin them by doing that. All the fibres at the raw edges will go into the vac and spoil it. A good bashing outside gets dust out a real treat.
I have a feeling this information is going to come in very handy in my future 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 21
when I was researching for the receipt of the “minimalist” claim I found this picture of what apparently amounts to less than 20% of her crockery. She says it is all necessary so she can stylise her food photography appropriately.View attachment 394932
All that crockery and her food still looks like steaming tit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄
Called proggy mats up here though (I’m a North easterner, not a geordie though). You can still go on courses learn how to do it.

Reactions: 17
Jack and animals.

The kitten was literally dying in front of us. All the photos show increasing states of deterioration. Because we know she reads here, we would tell her straight to take the poor thing to the vet. She stalled visiting the vet for days and even got a friend, PRVix to lie about it 'Another A+ pass for our girl'. Visiting the three vets could be a lie just to shut the squiggles up. It was definitely used as a prop, Jack posed the kitten in her pockets, in a baby sling and on her shoulder. A kitten with a painful neurological condition that caused splay front legs was being posed in awful unnatural positions. She kept it in her big cold bathroom overnight alone. She also let Cooper near the kitten, He cuffed it and acted semi aggressively. For all we know, Cooper could have killed the kitten. Or it died alone in the bathroom when Jack allegedly played 'kicky ball' and ate crisps with her son. Of course she said it died in her arms to feed her saviour narrative. It was incredibly sad and distressing.
Jack also has a rabbit she occasionally shares pics or film of. She keeps it in a dark garage by itself and feeds it on inappropriate vegetables high in sugar and it appears not to have enough roaming space. Rabbits need companionship and ample space. An incorrect diet is fatal and usually the number one cause of sudden death. They are not cheap easy children's pets. In fact they are incredibly complex and require annual vaccinations and neutering. They are definitely not cheap or easy. Not to 🔺️ myself but I have a very long term veterinary background and have worked for various rescues. Rabbits are both my personal and professional speciality. Jack should not be allowed near animals. She is at the very least neglectful and ignorant but unfortunately I think her selfishness and ego leads to genuine cruelty too. Cooper's nose is a longstanding case in point. She has also had other cats, rabbits and guinea pigs over the years that have suddenly died or been given away.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 90
Last cat I had wouldn't even let me blow dry my own hair and God help anyone foolish enough to file their nails in his presence.

Has anybody with a cat ever been able to file or buff their nails without having the implement stolen and chewed like a baby mouse?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Has anybody with a cat ever been able to file or buff their nails without having the implement stolen and chewed like a baby mouse?
I would love to know the answer to this, seriously, but also to add has anyone ever been able to file a cats nails without them scratching the tit out of you? I have a miserly old man cat and he barely goes outside so he has very long gnarly claws that get stuck in EVERYTHING. I can't find a way to get near him to try and sort them out myself! He scares me.

Also, if JM partners with SMOL I will be sending a strongly worded email to them in disapppointment. I use their products and find them really good.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
This extremely cluttered look, especially with kitchenware seems very trendy in some people’s houses. I’m thinking of Allegra...vast amounts of pans, crockery, jars etc all out on display. What about the dust and grease that must accumulate on it all, being in a kitchen especially. In any room it would need dusting at the same time as everything else because well, it’s for eating off.
I don’t know how it could be kept on top of without a cleaner.

I have a feeling this information is going to come in very handy in my future 👍
You are welcome ❤
😆

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I would love to know the answer to this, seriously, but also to add has anyone ever been able to file a cats nails without them scratching the tit out of you? I have a miserly old man cat and he barely goes outside so he has very long gnarly claws that get stuck in EVERYTHING. I can't find a way to get near him to try and sort them out myself! He scares me.

Also, if JM partners with SMOL I will be sending a strongly worded email to them in disapppointment. I use their products and find them really good.

Oh, I'm a bit of a Cat Whisperer/Wrangler in that respect. The fluffy one gets burritoed with just an angry head and one paw sticking out at a time, then I nip the ends off with a pair of nail clippers whilst Mr D brushes/combs around her face and chin (which she loves above everything else in the world) and the stoooooooooooopid one is handed a nail buffer to chew on whilst I deal with his toes without any complaints.

You just have to develop selective hearing and pay no attention to the sound like a pissed off power drill coming from inside the towel.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
That bloody rug reminds of the scene in the 90s Stephen King horror Creepshow 2. When a 'rug looking' thing swarmed across a lake and swallowed people 😂

Edit: I'll have bloody nightmares tonight!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.