Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just checked her Patreon to see what's happening over there. Numbers are back up to 364 (at the end of December they were down to 358 I think). Last update was the discount codes for November (can't read the posts unless you are a Patreon, but you can view the preview). Surely she hasn't forgotten to post discount codes for December and January?

JM Pat.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Can someone screenshot please? Gramho not working for me at the moment.
I found this worked

Reactions: 13
It now makes sense why she asks for pictures of cattos. When people type in 'Jack Monroe kitten' they see a feed full of other people's pets.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Unbelievable, I knew most of the story but genuinely had no idea about the hairdryer part. I am...just...speechless. HOW just HOW did this get completely glossed over on SM at the time???
Same as always, delete and block. Anyone who pointed out things (take it to the vet was common) she would scream and shout that she was being bullied and she NEEDED the love of this cat (which she owned for less than a week) and it was SO EXPENSIVE to pay for the bills but she would struggle through because the cat was her soulmate (or words like it)
The whole sorry saga is on here, with receipts. I think around thread 55?

The kitten was alive when she washed/dried her and tagged Louisa in a photo.
Ah, apologies. But she definitely washed and dried it when it died. A squiggle told her to keep a lock of fur and she said she had done that after washing the body.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
So when the kitten thing happened I wasn’t on tattle but I was very aware of Jack from Twitter. I woke up in the morning and ‘Oh Jack’ was the number one trending Twitter topic, because of the kitten dying. I live in the UAE 🔺 and normally get a mix of UK/ Arab and International news depending on the algorithm or something. It was strange and unsettling. I got here only a few weeks later after reading about Mrs Hinch and I was surprised that all of you ninnies had been writing the same thing as I had been vaguely thinking

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She also conveniently caused her massive David-Walliams-is-a-cokehead-sex-pest-racist chaos mid-kitten and I think it took some of the heat off her tbh. The poor kitten had gummy eyes constantly and didn’t have healthy looking fur, so even aside from the limb deformities it was absolutely immediately obvious that it wasn’t well. But she got people whipped up into such a storm over Walliams’ portrayal of the non-black black teacher, simply because she didn’t understand the word Tutelage, that it seemed to fly under the radar a bit.

She’s an evil narc.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Oh gosh I have been unwell and missed Board Game Jack's premiere. And then out came the mugs. All whilst the vegans are kicking off which she's ignoring.

I'm a boring matching mugs person. Although my sons are only allowed the non matching branded type mugs that I hide out of sight. My house is very Hunters and Heels type country rustic (I can't look at her threads as I'm too big a fan girl of sweet smiling Lauren)

Kitten breaks my heart. I can't say much more because it's making me angry.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Oh God. This means something and it won't be good. There's an eco friendly cleaning products collab in the offing, I can feel it. I won't be able to restrain myself and will be all over the Insta comments saying "have you SEEN the crappy bungalow- sack everyone involved".
Maybe she was trying to cover up that she’d only just followed Biden etc by shoving them down her list...

• Wow
Reactions: 26
ETA: a squiggle has asked where she got the llama. Was it:

a) GIFTED
b) brought home by Cooper
c) found in the rug
d) yes ok it was John Lewis but it was on sale and anyway she had a GIFTED John Lewis voucher to use up
Or

e) It’s the llama Mick I just love it!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The kitten & the vegan thing is what brought me here. I’m a genuine animal lover & I stupidly bought veganish (it’s truly tit). Mr B asked jack on Twitter why she had abandoned veganism (I was already suspicious as she’d posted photos of her bloody tins when she was claiming to be vegan & there were tins of spam 🙄). He got a snippy answer, a list of her ailments & a pile on. Even her ‘tip’ on Linda m’s insta pisses me off. Yes veganism is about compassion but it’s not a diet-it’s about minimising suffering as far as practicably possible & includes what you wear, cosmetics, lifestyle. Jack using it to make money & then trashing it by playing the victim is very annoying to many of us who work really hard to show how easy adopting veganism is.
Ps kitten talk coming.
Btw-yes she washed the poor kitten when she was still alive & posted a photo of the poor little thing looking miserable-I suspect that helped hasten the inevitable. bleep. (Ps sorry dunno how to put that behind a spoiler)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
That rug is the epitome of unicorn poop and mermaid farts 🤢

She definitely has a crockery addiction, who else has Denby and Wedgewood as a young adult and then a gazillion charity shop finds years later. Jumble sale tat comes to mind.

I was just thinking about Caroline and her hands. This came to mind. Are we still sure Jack isn't Caroline?
[ATTACH type="full"]394883[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Nnnnnggggg just looked it all up! Wtf. I can’t actually believe that a company can be sold to a massive conglomerate but still use the family’s images to sell products! I mean, yes I suppose I can believe it, but still.... I haven’t looked into it enough to find out if the family still have a stake in the current business or not. How grimy. I’m not even saying they necessarily should have run the business as a family forever and ever, but the way they use her wholesome image this long after they sold it is not on IMO. God I must sound like a naive child 🤦‍♀️
Yeah I mentioned a few pages back that they're owned by a huge company. Almost all of those smaller companies are owned by huge corporations. Loads of the vegan product companies are owned by huge dairy conglomerates etc. I don't pay much attention to owners but some vegans don't buy from them. I do like to have them up my sleeve when particularly arsey vegans in local FB groups who think themselves to be the best ever and are always shooting people down claim that they love them. (Not Linda Mc, others)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Like many of us, sometimes I find myself feeling a bit sorry for Jack.

Then I remember the kitten.

The whole thing was so obviously designed to fit the narrative she had in her head of we both saved each other. That animal was a prop to her from start to finish.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
The kitten was just awful, the poor little one looked distressed in so many of the pics she posted and JM either didn’t realise or didn’t care (or both). I noticed quite a lot of the regular squigs disappeared after it, and my colleague who used to interact with everything she posted stopped too and we talked about how horrible the kitten treatment was.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Screw the mugs, why aren’t any squiggles asking about the rug!!!

I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Like many of us, sometimes I find myself feeling a bit sorry for Jack.

Then I remember the kitten.

The whole thing was so obviously designed to fit the narrative she had in her head of we both saved each other. That animal was a prop to her from start to finish.
Very occasionally I think what a sad and lonely person Jack must be then I remember there are 138 threads about her for a very good reason .

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄
I went there as well - part of a school trip where we stayed at some big hotel in Seahouses. Definitely not Geordie or Sanddancer, though.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.