Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a Ghostbusters mug that I got from Halloween Horror Nights pre-pandemic. It's tacky and wonderful BUT it's my personal mug. I have two sets that are plain for guests and general use. I couldn't abide having them all mismatched.
Mine are sort of mismatched in that the decoration on each is different but they are the same in shape and theme. They are the Flowers ones from Emma Bridgewater that I've acquired over some years, through sales and seconds shopping etc. I love them so much that I display them on a hook display set fixed to the underside of the kitchen wall cabinets by the kettle like a sort of dresser. The really mismatched ones lurk in the cupboard for emergencies such as the need for a Really Big Mug of hot chocolate 🍫.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Good morning. The rug is horrible, the monopoly is brand new, why is she putting door handles on a RENTED kitchen? Nobody accidentally boils a rubber egg.

(disables replies except for people who agree with me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
She's followed loads of climate activist accounts, so that's a new era to look forward to.
Ah. So 'l spend every day actively trying to end child hunger' Jack has left the building? A new shiny distraction has appeared.
Thundercats later today - will she even be arsed to mention it?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
To echo a point that's been made here before: I really wonder what the outcome of the Linda brand partnership will be. People in these industries must talk, surely? When you think about what happened with Hellman's, DKL and now Linda Mc? They must feel like right mugs. Half-arsed recipes, every picture looking like it's taken on sepia mode on a digital camera...I genuinely believe people rustled up better meals with wartime rations.
I hope it's very much like insta mum who got outed for racism. No not clemmie different one. People contacted every ad sponsor and aff link saying how they were unhappy, and just like that she doesnt get any jobs now. So it does work eventually. Theres also a worry that the begging would get worse I mean she already cant pay her rent on time

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Maybe suggest Mahjong? The real game, not the tile matching solitaire. And then bamboozle her by asking if she played by Hong Kong Rules.

📐 but I have two of my mother's full mahjong sets in the house and would love to play. She tried to teach me but I could never get my head around all the different hands. Bridge with tiles but more complicated.
She better not start on Mahjong. If she thinks she can learn to play that in a day she is as deluded as we think.

The rug of doom makes me think of a snuffle mat- maybe a giant one for flooflepaws?

Either way it goes against everything “earth-friendly” cleaning Jack is trying to promote.

It makes me want to drink lemon juice, scrub my mouth and hands with bicarb and spray more lemon on myself just in case the dirt from said floor covering spreads past Wetherby services.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
£28 for a monstrosity of a doorstop. This woman is NOT poor!!! John Lewis, obvs. Only quality useless tat for Mama Jack, while SB gets eyeball bleeping sausages.
View attachment 394356
I just had a vision where Jack is standing at the John Lewis till, talking in a stage voice about how wild her decorating tastes are and how it’s because she was SO poor that now she covets everything. She’s laughing loudly and looking around to try and scoop in any passers by to her story.

You all know the type.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I just had a vision where Jack is standing at the John Lewis till, talking in a stage voice about how wild her decorating tastes are and how it’s because she was SO poor that now she covets everything. She’s laughing loudly and looking around to try and scoop in any passers by to her story.

You all know the type.
All those missed JL wedding registry lists.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
How did Jack get away with the “dreads” comment? Forgot about this but just been reminded of Rebecca Meldrum saying her dog had an afro and having to change it (but of course no apology).

Reactions: 26
£28 on a llama door stop, money spent on stupid ( harsh but true) mugs and monopoly but can’t afford butter and her dopey squiggles don’t connect the dots that the £20 shop is a pile of wank.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
£28 for a monstrosity of a doorstop. This woman is NOT poor!!! John Lewis, obvs. Only quality useless tat for Mama Jack, while SB gets eyeball bleeping sausages.
View attachment 394356
I honestly think she's minted, either that or she's in a massive amount of debt.

I fail to see how a single person can afford to rent a bungalow that size in the South East as well as buy the John Lewis curtains (don't believe they were gifted), all the sideboards, those fancy anthropologie handles, the burberry scarf (magic puddle is a joke) etc. Why/how do squiggles fall for it?

I have a very modest income now after a brief period of unemployment, luckily my outgoings are relatively low (live in a cheap area in the North but I'm originally from an area down South quite close to Monroe so I know how expensive it is) and there's no way I could afford to buy any of the things she has yet somehow when I read her tweets I'm made to feel like she's financially worse off than I am. The way Jack goes on, she acts like she's on minimum wage/less?!

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.