Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Carmina-Piranha

Chatty Member
That bloody rug reminds of the scene in the 90s Stephen King horror Creepshow 2. When a 'rug looking' thing swarmed across a lake and swallowed people 😂

Edit: I'll have bloody nightmares tonight!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
Green rice with brown lentils sounds particularly, brown.

30g of spinach. Nice portioning there. It isn’t like spinach retains it’s volume when cooked or anything.

I am bored with commenting on her portion sizes.

Back to Bling Empire (please don’t judge, the ironing pile is growing again 😢).
These new recipes sound just as unappealing as her older ones. I finished watching Bling Empire today, I bloody loved it for all its ridiculousness, especially Anna.

• Heart

Whaa?

VIP Member
Trust me, don’t. It’s shit. Go for east by meera sodha or bosh or anything but that pile o crap.
I sidled up to it on a bookshelf once and was not impressed, But still, 99p and its mine. Will look out for books by Meera Sodha.

• Haha

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Might be time to mention it to them @discokebab

We have butter (not sure why actually), but no butter dish. It lives in the fridge anyway, like pretty much everything, because it's hot here!

Reactions: 15

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I read the comments on IG and whilst there is one or two using a lot of tattle “language” like grifter, if you look at the others and their backgrounds I agree they are angry vegans who have the same concerns we do about egg/fish/meat consumption and the mistreatment issue
someone has said she tortured a kitten which died and it all happened on twitter but she deleted it

Thing is with vegans (and I say as. lifelong vegetarian and occasional plant based eater and “animal goods” reducer) they are by their very nature, forensic.
Avoiding E-thingy (can’t remember that they call Carmine) in an ingredients list or knowing which soft drinks and alcohol is processed using isinglass is like, entry level vegan.
If they get a whiff of doubt about Monroe (which they have) they will have grunked all of her internet presence and these threads before you can say “carmine is crushed beetles”

Also those bastard question cards, someone 🔺’d them and they are “counseling cards” mind you Mackie strikes me as exactly the type who has done “a certificate” and thinks they’re a counselor (whilst their own bin fire of a life rages all around them)

Edit: I have no respect for the 🥕s right to life
😔😩😢bbbuuuut 🥺

• Wow

Aug1977

hang on! creeping up on light blues? a full side of the board clear of free parking?! 😳

you know nothing, jack monroe. I will fully take you on at monopoly and you will beg for mercy while trying to pay off your stay at my Mayfair hotel
You know nothing. Statistically you are more likely to rake it in from the oranges.

Oh my life. Monroe-poly has killed me tonight.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I think everyone, whatever their financial situation, knows there is a difference between 'things you can afford' and 'things you think are worth their cost'. People might say they can't afford something when what they really mean is it's not a priority/it's not good value/they could buy something that makes them equally happy more cheaply. But they do have the money. And that's absolutely fine, as long as they a. understand the difference themselves and b. aren't asking other people to pay for the not priority thing.

I'm also sure that tonnes of her stuff has been sent by brands, not as part of a collaboration, but just as a 'please try this and write about it if you like it'. Pretty low key influencers I follow seem to get sent loads so high profile people must be stumbling over stuff. I just wish she would say so and so do they, probably.
Where do Nike air max trainers fall in your analysis?

• Haha
I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄
I went there as well - part of a school trip where we stayed at some big hotel in Seahouses. Definitely not Geordie or Sanddancer, though.

Reactions: 14

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I would love to know the answer to this, seriously, but also to add has anyone ever been able to file a cats nails without them scratching the shit out of you? I have a miserly old man cat and he barely goes outside so he has very long gnarly claws that get stuck in EVERYTHING. I can't find a way to get near him to try and sort them out myself! He scares me.

Also, if JM partners with SMOL I will be sending a strongly worded email to them in disapppointment. I use their products and find them really good.
Our cat has not had his claws trimmed since February; he usuallyhas it done at the vets because I don't want my face clawed off.

• Haha
Reactions: 14