Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to move on from the rug. I actually quite like the idea in general and it’s just the size and length of strips and weird colour distribution of Jack’s that gets to me. I found this video of one with less *ahem* floof being vacuumed very satisfying.

yes I do believe I may now have an obsession with hitherto unknown rag rugs. Is this how it starts?
I like them, just have nowhere for one to go in my house

Reactions: 6
Is it possible to change keywords at all? Say, to Monroe + ('Grifter' OR 'bleep'), for example?
It actually is, it’s useful if the person has a generic name so you’re not spammed with irrelevant stuff. You can test it out as it’ll preview the 3 last articles that’ll come up for your query.

Love a google alert tbh, set them up for anyone I wanna nose about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So so disappointed in James O'Brian.

I will say this though...Jack has many willing sycophants,

I'm out....again. She isn't going anywhere and people are bonkers and easily fooled.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m guessing all the attention on her mug collection , being a board game champion and now looking into corporate photo-napping🙄 means she doesn’t need to bring up any new Long Covid symptoms.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Sadly for Roadside Mum I think the press agency using the photo counts as factual usage (in that it records a political event) and the image was replicated many, many times by other users, so it would probably be allowed under Fair Use policy. Also they tried to contact her and she ignored it, which I understand but she did miss an opportunity to negotiate. And they’ll have proof of that.

It’s weird to me that she would kick off about the agency monetising her “copyrighted“ image but defend Jack who personally got paid for news appearances and columns all over the show for “HER story” (stolen from Roadside Mum). Hilarious that Lawyer Jack is back, though. You flex those rhetoric muscles, babe. Year 9 debating club all over again.
Once you share an image to Twitter, they have a lot of rights. And one of the rights they afford others is to share the image, not just on their platform, but also in news publications as long as the post and image are embedded.

It's why it's so common now to see FB images on the news when people are in the news for whatever reason. In the olden days, you might get a school photo if a teen went missing. Now it's always teen hanging with friends, teen selfie, teen playing football. The press has immediate access and doesn't need to seek permission.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just checked out the replies to that Cambridge alumni (!) snitch tagging Jack about Tattle (of course you were looking for a recipe, hun. Grift slop, by any chance?) and found this one particularly hilarious:

99DF9FE3-4D2A-47D7-A515-872992977387.jpeg

The irony of someone ostensibly deploring unkindness, while using utterly dehumanising language (*cough Katie Hopkins cockroaches cough*) about a group of people she knows absolutely nothing about. Simply for daring to question the povvo queen of hearts.

We all know exactly why we’re here and most of us attempt to spread the word about Jack in our personal circles. You’re all bleeping hilarious and compassionate (often where I find myself lacking). This place has a greater proportion of people with or working towards doctorates than I’ve ever come across outside of work or a conference. People here know frankly terrifying amounts about tech, healthcare, law, education, food, welfare, etc. But go off, Squig, we must all be terrible for having a critical thought.

Potential thread title: Jack Monroe #139 Exit via the Grift Slop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
For any frauen who do not know the backstory regarding animal mistreatment
Around about thread 55 if you want to grunk, after SHE LEFT Jack acquired a kitten who she called Pretzel who had deformed legs. I believe she was the runt and a vet had advised that she be put to sleep. Jack knew better and was holding the kitten hostage and getting her to “walk properly” on her paws. In total three vets were consulted, all advised to PTS. Jack then remembered LC’s favourite pet was called Sophie and called the kitten Sophie Ellis Pretzel and made the hideous “sexy kitten” video and moaned about the vets bills being expensive and apparently was going to contact the Supervet. Then the kitten had a fit and died. Kitten and info about kitten is spoilered always because some frauen just couldn’t bear to read about it. Jack then had to go to Edinburgh To recover from the death. A sad episode.
and her 'friend' Vix the bleep tweeted something along the lines of another A plus pass for kitty. bleep.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.