Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I do this! I was always always cold as a kid, my only coat was always a cheap pac n mac from the supermarket or woolworths, so now I have a whole cupboard full of winter coats like a hoarder. It's my biggest weakness, I can't resist a nice coat :S

Did she say whether or not she was given the llama though? Is it not just a Christmas gift?

Reactions: 25
I just linked to the 1st one dr google supplied but these look more like what I have and a better price. No sure how human ones would work?
Same way they do for humans - spread fingers/toes (my favourite bit when the stooooooopid one does it in response to my tickling between them), place pointiest bit between the jaws (obvs, nowhere near the pink end), squeeze together, pointiest bit comes off with a tiny click. And then he wanders off to reacquire lethal weapons against the kitchen table leg.

Reactions: 11
You’d think it would be near a llama-nated floor....

(I’m so sorry)

Reactions: 46
Totally think it can go both ways with the buying stuff. Like how kids who aren’t allowed sweets will either go nuts in the sweet aisle as soon as they get a bit of pocket money, OR they’ll never touch anything with sugar in because it’s so ingrained in their mind. I reckon SB will never be able to touch an even slightly soft food when he’s grown up. No soup, casserole, not even cereal with too much milk

Reactions: 34
God, imagine if she was a writer. *in Blackadder’s voice* ‘How incredibly embarrassing’

Reactions: 65
Saaaaaame I have butter but no butter dish. Am I comfortable or am I poor? Help me Jack!
Whilst I have butter AND a butter dish, I cannot put said butter into butter dish as it comes in a tub. What does this mean? Am I an awful person? I mean, it's not an 'ethnic' butter dish or anything and doesn't have it's own choral score...
....I'll get my coat

Reactions: 34
When people say they're "paging" somebody. Do they just mean texting? Are they trying to sound very very important?

Reactions: 30
The original lettuce leaf crockery started in the 1930s, and at one time could be picked up for next to nowt because, let's face it, it's hideous

Reactions: 28
When people say they're "paging" somebody. Do they just mean texting? Are they trying to sound very very important?
They page doctors in an emergency and Jack has two honorary doctorates so that’s probably where she picked it up? That or the 90s

Reactions: 41
Called proggy mats up here though (I’m a North easterner, not a geordie though). You can still go on courses learn how to do it.
Yes! When I went with my now ex, that was what she called them and said her Mum makes them sometimes.

Jack just likes anything that costs money.

Reactions: 19
as usual I am only reading recaps now, but number 3 is hysterical! as usual amazing work @Pocahontas

Reactions: 17
Back when I was a teenager pagers were like today’s mobile phones. You could message/page people and their pager would bleep and show your message. I’m a fair few years older than Jack though, so fuck knows why she says it!

Reactions: 25
I went there as well - part of a school trip where we stayed at some big hotel in Seahouses. Definitely not Geordie or Sanddancer, though.
It's was a thing that poor people did so they didn't have bare floors. My mum made them as a child, as did my mother in law.

An old sack and worn out clothes, and something to act as a hook to get the fabric pushed through so you could knot it. They made them in winter when there was nothing else to do in an evening. My mum had electric lighting, my mother in law worked by candle light!

(nb. I am northern, I'm from lancashire, mil was Yorkshire)

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.