Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't seen the kitten comment but I can't imagine her treatment of the kitten going down well with vegans.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Simon Wood (Masterchef winner from a few years ago) is releasing easy recipes to help people... without histrionics... concept unknown!

0C4F42A9-1991-405B-8583-5306F219B3A7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
Wait wait wait wait......for free? Because he just...wants....to....help people? I'm sorry I don't understand.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Also messaging Linda McCartney like that does not violate Tattle rules (afaik) and tbh the kitten stuff is very relevant to veganism. Plus all the people responding on there seem to be vegans... which is relevant when you think of Jack and her low welfare meat. Its just nice to see people commenting who clearly aren't sock puppet Tattle accounts tbh. Even if they are Tattlers... if that makes sense! The way it's been worded doesn't make me uncomfortable and I think Tattlers have just as much right to complain about a brand partnership as other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Can someone tell me what happened with Nicola Miller and her trifle?
Over Christmas Jack made fun of trifles she found online , posted the pictures on Twitter and took the piss. Nic Miller wasn’t happy, tweeted ‘ make trifle however you like’ and tweeted something like “don’t take the piss out of food writers work” . She didn’t address JM but blocked her .I’ll see if I can find it , hold on.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Is this what passes for witty #bantz these days?

View attachment 393685
It's a nod to Mom, isn't it? Her recipe of the day today was bitter orange tart.

Just caught up after a 25-page grunka through the second half of #137 and am very proud to report that when I stopped to Google 'Jack Monroe MBE' to see if I'd missed something, this thread was already the second result half an hour ago!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Over Christmas Jack made fun of trifles she found online , posted the pictures on Twitter and took the piss. Nic Miller wasn’t happy, tweeted ‘ make trifle however you like’ and tweeted something like “don’t take the piss out of food writers work” . She didn’t address JM but blocked her .I’ll see if I can find it , hold on.
Post 368 on this page is where Nicola Miller blocked her - it was to do with Ryan Riley and the whole long COVID taste loss thing. https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-123-carole-malone-is-away.12746/page-19

After that, Nicola subtweeted about Jack's trifle dissing (must have been Christmas Eve).
ETA sorry, I mean it must have been *before* that, that she did the trifle subtweets, as the blocking happened on the 27th.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.