Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I need to defend mug jack. In my house I have various mugs I got as a child, one with a little face, mr blobby, various cartoons growing up, the royal wedding which just makes me laugh, and loads of random ones I have been given as presents over the years. When I moved in with my partner a few years back I made his parents tea in various mismatched mugs.
the next time they came round she had bought me a plain white mug set.

so solidarity with mug jack as she isn’t hurting anyone at least.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
That llama doorstop looks like a right smug fucker as well. Apparently that bottle in her kitchen that looks like rancid oil is live vinegar and the chicken's full of rubber eggs. Why would you need to put anything in the chicken? It's not transparent. Who's going to come in your house and interrogate you about whether your chicken's filled with real eggs?

I will pay her a tenner for a video showing herself drinking out of all those novelty mugs because there's no way you're not pouring liquid all down your front.
But what is the thing that looks like some sort of animal penis within the yellow stuff....

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I need brain bleach, and I’m glad dear heart bee of manc is not here to suffer these indignities.
My default setting is minimalist/have you just moved in/are you about to move out
Urgh collecting things
Urgh flooring which cannot be effectively cleaned on the reg
Urgh piles and piles of tit nobody needs, will look great with your new zero waste bandwaggoning

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I really like all those mugs. All of them.
Come at meeeee.
Don’t worry I am so fascinated by that rug I have to keep going back and studying it.

Where did it come from? Why? When does it stop?

I wonder if it could be handmade from a passed loved ones clothing. A labour of love with sentimental value. Well in my head that’s how I’m justifying it’s existence. Of course if that were the case Jack would have slipped it in to conversation before now.

So many questions. I’m gonna have to go back for another look 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I feel like I need to defend mug jack. In my house I have various mugs I got as a child, one with a little face, mr blobby, various cartoons growing up, the royal wedding which just makes me laugh, and loads of random ones I have been given as presents over the years. When I moved in with my partner a few years back I made his parents tea in various mismatched mugs.
the next time they came round she had bought me a plain white mug set.

so solidarity with mug jack as she isn’t hurting anyone at least.
I have a Shrek mug I got when I was 14 - still terrifies me when I go into the kitchen for a late-night cuppa....

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Don’t worry I am so fascinated by that rug I have to keep going back and studying it.

Where did it come from? Why? When does it stop?

I wonder if it could be a passed loved ones clothing that’s been handmade. A labour of love with sentimental value. Well in my head that’s how I’m justifying it’s existence. Of course if that were the case Jack would have slipped it in to conversation before now.

So many questions. I’m gonna have to go back for another look 👀
Yes, when does it stop? Is out in the street tripping people up? How big is this thing?

Also I'm going to suggest that Jack couldn't have made it. She only managed about six plain stitch squares for the massive snuggly blanket. That rug has been made by someone else. A vengeful ex? Her agent? The team at DKL? Walliams? That Man? Vegans?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Yes, when does it stop? Is out in the street tripping people up? How big is this thing?

Also I'm going to suggest that Jack couldn't have made it. She only managed about six plain stitch squares for the massive snuggly blanket. That rug has been made by someone else. A vengeful ex? Her agent? The team at DKL? Walliams? That Man? Vegans?
Legend has it that she sews a fresh square onto the quilt for every person/group she offends....

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Sorry if this offends anyone - but I ducking hate novelty crockery especially novelty mugs...they scream DICK HEAD 23 year old lad!
I'm with you 100%. While I love having a good look around Liberty (pre-pandemic times, how I yearn for thee) and love eccentric homeware, it has to be styled nicely and with some kind of vision. If not it just looks a bit random? Pandora Sykes' home (https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gallery/pandora-sykes-london-house) is beautiful. I think that's what Jack wishes her crappy bungalow looked like :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.