Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just adding to the Meera fandom, East is an excellent cookbook for veggies (and anyone else). Personally I prefer her style of vegetarian cooking which is more focused on traditionally vegetarian cuisine that tastes really good rather than a bunch of disappointing meat substitutes

Reactions: 27
It is a weird collection of groups who have cancelled her.
Far left
Far right
Chefs
Footballers
Vegans
Scottish Journalists
Us
Quite excited to see who she angers next. I'd like a surprise something like she's made the people of Nauru so angry with a slop recipe they've banned her from the country.

Reactions: 41
One really awkward thing: go on the Linda McC twitter, and they're constantly engaging with people. Someone gave their sausage rolls an average review and they commented, "Thanks for trying them!"

This is a brand that clearly tries hard to engage in a positive and friendly way with customers, which makes the collab even more disastrous.

Reactions: 51
Thanks for recommending the curry. I’ve just Googled and it sounds delicious and easy. Going to make that next week for sure.

“What are the dumplings made of?” has had me laughing up a lung. The fact that the squiggles can’t even tell which bit is the LM product in that photo is hilarious. To be fair, those sausages look like they’ve been warmed through on a radiator and really do look like dumplings.

Reactions: 26
tbf the duck is really good and if she tries to ruin it I may have to have a massive hissy fit
You mean you're not excited for her 'Come to Bed Canard**'? 'A softy softy softly soft vegan duck breast, flambed in a cold pan with a sliver of atrociously light lard and six dinky cloves of garlic. It's served with seven times reheated curried vegetable fried rice. Serves twelve, or six flooflyflooflebots or one greedy goblin.

**hospital bed

Reactions: 62
I think it’s the low welfare meat that’s the killer. I think the “meat reducer” target market is likely to be people who eat meat occasionally and choose it carefully. They certainly won’t be buying eyelid & arsehole sausages and are probably pretty repulsed by the idea.
I think it was also news to Linda McC that Jack was dropped by the actual Veganuary as an ambassador due to her stance on meat. That is NOT a good look for a Veganuary campaign, to put it mildly. I’m sure she wouldn’t have got the gig if they’d known that.
Also, if Linda McC want to tempt non-vegans to try their products (which presumably they do), they need to be posting recipes which look and sound appealing. Whereas Jack’s stuff pretty much always looks revolting. The sausage/kidney bean fiasco is a case in point. It looks like slurry.
I imagine it’s a 3-recipe deal so there’s probably one more to come. After that I expect Linda McC will just allow this sorry episode to fade away.

Reactions: 56
Exactly. Sorry -- Yes, absolutely x

The balls of this article (and the hair - yikes!)

Reactions: 30
I don’t know if this has been posted in these threads as I’m not following religiously but thought it was typically whiney of her. From the Mother Pukka Insta account.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52
Yet no mention of Greek food. Not in the 'family dinners' reminiscing bit, not in the 'things I'm going to cook and buy now' bit.
Oh and black rice? A luxury? Fuck off, you were with Louisa then you stupid cow.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.