Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
M&S £10 dinners have been £12 for a few years now. Just sayin’....
Yeah, but they definitely had the wine in lockdown 1 and i am in a rage of jack proportions that middle class me can’t get a bottle of wine with my £10 voucher plus £2 any more!!
It’s bad enough there is no Waitrose or Ocado in NI!

ETA: I’ve had wine and I hope everyone knows I am being facetious and this is not my actual views on things!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She’s liking tweets back from April fawning over DKL. A deep dive of her mentions, indeed...

Desperate campaign or what?

You never lived on a council estate Jack so kindly duck the duck off.

610721C6-B0FA-469D-9BB3-FA194A0D87F4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Brace your sphincters. She liked this (in response to Tom K’s tweet where she wasn’t mentioned). 😬😬😬
This is like one of those anxiety dreams where you're doing a presentation naked. Only it's real and it won't stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Two things Jack Monroe will NEVER do:

1) Say "I'm fine, thanks for asking" when somebody asks how she is.

2) Say "I know, thanks" when somebody tells her how great it is that she is no longer struggling.
3) that's really an area I have got no expertise in but I am willing to learn about it (from you).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I decided to play Jack's game and search "Jack Munro".

Found this gem:

IMG_20210117_011212.png

This squiggle's so keen to defend her they're leaping on random tweets that don't even mention her :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Hhnnngggggg!

She's such a twit!

M&S's dine in for a tenner changed significantly a couple of years ago. They've really scaled back on it. There's still some savings but nothing like it was before.

There was loads online at the time complaining.

Not that Jack lets facts get in the way of her poverty cosplay.

I'm sorry for the boring post but I hate seeing her constantly talking tit.

ETA I haven't been to m&s in ages due to lockdowns so didn't know they'd removed the drinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
Oh my dear god. NOT. THIS. AGAIN.
Me, me, look at me, it’s all about me, no one has ever been as poor as me, howling, screaming, clawing the floor etc., here’s my “origin story” yet again, hope it goes viral this time, DID I MENTION ME, DON’T LOOK AT MARCUS, LOOK AT MEEEE, ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME YET???
She’s an absolute bleeping embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Nevermind an eye roll emoji, I think we need a cringe one.

Jack, I don't know how you do it, you're shameless.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’ve just been googling images of Omega Seamaster watches and it looks like one, from the strap alone.
Stand down, Frauen. It was I, Puddle, who secured the Seamaster for her. I tried to place it gently on her doorstep, but was unable to move, being a Puddle. Bided my time, I did, the many long years, while she trundled up and down the street, weighed down by the Packages of Patreon and the Shopping Bags of Stupidity. Called out weakly, "Behold, I am Puddle." Disgorged a scarf to draw her closer, alas to no avail. She simply pounced pixily upon the end, tugged it clear, then scampered labradorily away like an overworked simile.

At last it came to me. For where does one turn in times of crisis but to family? What kind of fool had I been to struggle alone? And thus it came to pass that in fair Southend I laid my scene. Catching her in a weakened state, upon her seventeenth return from Asda, I appealed to my brethren, the dirt beneath her fingernails.

"I may be Puddle!" I cried. "But first, I am Muddy! If you dehydrate me, do I not Dirt?"

Oh. They could scarcely deny it. And finally - o glorious moment! - there they were. There she was. Down, they led her, those grasping fingers. Mercy, I thought. I may be Puddle but here is a brown not usually found in nature. Brace yourself, I thought. Did.

There are horrors of which we will not speak. If I had known ... if I had imagined ... I would have trained to be a Barrow Down.

No matter. It is done. I greeted my brethren, revealed the Precious. Deep and deeper they dove. Friends, her face was in me. I can hardly ...

Stop. The past is the past. What use in hauling it with you, endlessly performing your briefest, darkest moment?

I released the Precious. "It is Seamaster," I murmured. "A gift from the depths. Now duck OFF."

And thus her legendary love of sea shanties was born. And also an avatar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
She is so passionate about her cause- not many people who have just had Covid19 and then immediately slipped into long Covid could have gone on three nights without sleep.

OT:
I am not in the know about marriage and matrimonial law in the UK but would it be sensible to marry someone who has got a stash of unopened brown envelopes from the last 6 years lying around?
And on a more romantic level- would you not open them with or without the person (but with consent) to help things sort out when such a big thing such as marriage is on the agenda. It all sounds a bit...naive and...unreal to me.

Stand down, Frauen. It was I, Puddle, who secured the Seamaster for her. I tried to place it gently on her doorstep, but was unable to move, being a Puddle. Bided my time, I did, the many long years, while she trundled up and down the street, weighed down by the Packages of Patreon and the Shopping Bags of Stupidity. Called out weakly, "Behold, I am Puddle." Disgorged a scarf to draw her closer, alas to no avail. She simply pounced pixily upon the end, tugged it clear, then scampered labradorily away like an overworked simile.

At last it came to me. For where does one turn in times of crisis but to family? What kind of fool had I been to struggle alone? And thus it came to pass that in fair Southend I laid my scene. Catching her in a weakened state, upon her seventeenth return from Asda, I appealed to my brethren, the dirt beneath her fingernails.

"I may be Puddle!" I cried. "But first, I am Muddy! If you dehydrate me, do I not Dirt?"

Oh. They could scarcely deny it. And finally - o glorious moment! - there they were. There she was. Down, they led her, those grasping fingers. Mercy, I thought. I may be Puddle but here is a brown not usually found in nature. Brace yourself, I thought. Did.

There are horrors of which we will not speak. If I had known ... if I had imagined ... I would have trained to be a Barrow Down.

No matter. It is done. I greeted my brethren, revealed the Precious. Deep and deeper they dove. Friends, her face was in me. I can hardly ...

Stop. The past is the past. What use in hauling it with you, endlessly performing your briefest, darkest moment?

I released the Precious. "It is Seamaster," I murmured. "A gift from the depths. Now duck OFF."

And thus her legendary love of sea shanties was born. And also an avatar.
Brilliant!!! I love all the writer Frauen in the coven!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.