Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh bollocks, enough people I follow on Twitter have now liked or retweeted her stuff over the past couple of days that she's coming up on my list of suggested people to follow. May have to block her for a bit.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
(a) so you had some time yesterday to chat tit with your pals, did you Jack?
(b) duck off

1610742234138.png

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Ugh, you guys move too fast! I've had to copy and paste my response from last post.
(in response to that awful Greenbelt thing)

Was life financially hard for your family or were you comfortably off?
I was never aware until I was an adult how financially difficult my childhood had been. Quite often, my parents didn’t eat dinner with us, and it took me being a parent to realise that’s because they didn’t have any.
Oh my bleeping life!
Um Jack, you what mate?
Your parents were unbelievably affluent. I won't list the attributes because it is boring.
But I will say..

Until you decided to give up a well paid career in the Fire Service you had absolutely no worries about money.
Your parents were loving, financially comfortable and supportive.
Your parents may have tightened their belts a bit, but pretty much every young parent does this. No one was missing meals.
Your extended family, by your own admission, are/were loving and supportive.
The first time you had a bump in the road was when you had a tantrum because you couldn't work the hours you wanted in the Fire Service so you quit in temper.
You then had another tantrum because the council didn't immediately house you in a nice Victorian semi in a posh part of Southend. This time your tantrum was a slow burn one.
You decided to starve your child and sell all his possessions as part of some disgusting poverty cosplay that you keep up to this day.
You had your son's father providing over and above his legal and moral requirements. You had extremely wealthy parents a couple of streets away. You had an extended family
who provided for you.
You then got a millionaire girlfriend who became your fiance.
I'll stop there because it is starting to anger me again.
All of the above, and more, and you STILL insist on lie after lie after lie.
I just, just, just....
I can't even articulate.
And now you are doing the povo cosplay to the actual flock that think you are an actual Prophet.
I'm not religious, but you really will burn in hell.
[/QUOTE]

Neither of my parents earned anything like what Jack's parents did and we weren't poor growing up. We certainly weren't well off but we were fed, had clean clothes, the odd package holiday and my parents were homeowners. The area we lived in for most of my childhood was economically mixed but overall mainly middle class- to a small number of proper rich people so you'd occasionally feel like a bleeping peasant in comparison but like I say we were not poor by any stretch of the imagination. I'd say we started off working class and eventually scraped lower MC. It's well after I left home that my parents started making anything comparable to Jack's parents and even then I think they'd still fall a bit short.

We did have a couple of our very own The Poverty incidents when my dad was made redundant and things were briefly pretty miserable materially - no treats, everything basic, parents going mental about lights getting left on but at no point did anyone miss a meal. Granted it was a basic witch of a Kwik Save meal you got and with hindsight that time my mum tried to convince me that "loads of people" use dry own brand Weetabix instead of bread when they run out was probably a bit of brief povvo improv but no one starved. Sorry but there is no bleeping way Jack's parents skipped meals- I suspect they occasionally wanted a bit of time to sit down and eat together without looking at that whining shitshow across the table.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
Very, VERY telling that as Roadside Mum writes up the tangible outcomes of her campaigning (I think the new boxes look absolutely great), our Jackie is over on Instagram shilling vegan food for a decent wage after a year of promoting low welfare meat.

Like I said, disaster capitalist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 127
Ugh. No offence to anyone who does like them, but as a vegetarian of 7 years I can tell you that Linda McCartney sausages, (and the veggie range in general), is SO BAD!!

Surely that's a draft she accidentally posted. LOL
Agreed. It’s all about the Richmond vegan sausages. They are l😋

LM’s don’t even come close.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.