Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's almost like material changes actually matter to the people who are directly affected.
That's it in a nutshell. RM can't afford to duck up and gloss over it with oooopsie did a chaos.

Can't stand the expression check your privilege but Jack Monroe CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE and if it doesn't work the first time then check it again and again until you get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Still no mention of this sausage thing or the pastitsio (sp?) on the LM insta, plus you can’t comment on the most recent one. How does she hoodwink these brands?! What do they get out of it? Tips to their customers to grind up kale as a seasoning because that’s something bizarre that she does? It’s baffling.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
That's it in a nutshell. RM can't afford to duck up and gloss over it with oooopsie did a chaos.

Can't stand the expression check your privilege but Jack Monroe CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE and if it doesn't work the first time then check it again and again until you get it.
Jack Monroe is in the antonym section of the 'check your privilege' dictionary definition.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack planning a blog post about a single mother surviving on Primark and Aldi to send her children to private school 🤣 duck me. Jack, help please: I buy stuff in Poundland, Lidl AND George at Asda but haven’t got £1000+ a month for my child’s private school. What am I doing wrong?!?!?

Also, I know it’s been discussed IN GREAT DETAIL but I’ll never get over the fact she raised £3000 from selling her stuff in her early twenties. I reckon I’d get about £200/300 for the handful of tech stuff I own now. I’d have to sell the baby for that kind of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 92
Um Jack, you what mate?
Your parents were unbelievably affluent. I won't list the attributes because it is boring.
But I will say..

Until you decided to give up a well paid career in the Fire Service you had absolutely no worries about money.
Your parents were loving, financially comfortable and supportive.
Your parents may have tightened their belts a bit, but pretty much every young parent does this. No one was missing meals.
Your extended family, by your own admission, are/were loving and supportive.
The first time you had a bump in the road was when you had a tantrum because you couldn't work the hours you wanted in the Fire Service so you quit in temper.
You then had another tantrum because the council didn't immediately house you in a nice Victorian semi in a posh part of Southend. This time your tantrum was a slow burn one.
You decided to starve your child and sell all his possessions as part of some disgusting poverty cosplay that you keep up to this day.
You had your son's father providing over and above his legal and moral requirements. You had extremely wealthy parents a couple of streets away. You had an extended family
who provided for you.
You then got a millionaire girlfriend who became your fiance.
I'll stop there because it is starting to anger me again.
All of the above, and more, and you STILL insist on lie after lie after lie.
I just, just, just....
I can't even articulate.
And now you are doing the povo cosplay to the actual flock that think you are an actual Prophet.
I'm not religious, but you really will burn in hell.
Neither of my parents earned anything like what Jack's parents did and we weren't poor growing up. We certainly weren't well off but we were fed, had clean clothes, the odd package holiday and my parents were homeowners. The area we lived in for most of my childhood was economically mixed but overall mainly middle class- to a small number of proper rich people so you'd occasionally feel like a bleeping peasant in comparison but like I say we were not poor by any stretch of the imagination. I'd say we started off working class and eventually scraped lower MC. It's well after I left home that my parents started making anything comparable to Jack's parents and even then I think they'd still fall a bit short.

We did have a couple of our very own The Poverty incidents when my dad was made redundant and things were briefly pretty miserable materially - no treats, everything basic, parents going mental about lights getting left on but at no point did anyone miss a meal. Granted it was a basic witch of a Kwik Save meal you got and with hindsight that time my mum tried to convince me that "loads of people" use dry own brand Weetabix instead of bread when they run out was probably a bit of brief povvo improv but no one starved. Sorry but there is no bleeping way Jack's parents skipped meals- I suspect they occasionally wanted a bit of time to sit down and eat together without looking at that whining shitshow across the table.
[/QUOTE]
Next thread title whiny shitshow

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Cornish sea shanty singing fishermen from Port Isaac. There’s a film about them. Jack heard about them FIRST tho.
If I may be so bold, I will speak on behalf of Cornwall, Port Isaac, and (a real stretch) the Fisherman’s Friends... we don’t want her.

I had to go to my ACTUAL place of work today in real clothes and everything so I haven’t checked in and bleeping ‘ell... how is there a new thread already? You all deserve long dino naps, let’s hope she takes a weekend off 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Hehe, I did find this on the patsitsio thing. I’m not a chef, sorry guys, have no idea how to spell it.
558079C5-D49D-414E-9639-D01D7BCD59E7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Sorry for taking the thread away from her lies but there are certain issues with this dish.

1.It looks like there is cauliflower in it (large white lumps). No cauliflower in recipe. What is it?

2. Those red things are kidney beans. Judging the scale, that potion is tiny. Ffs.

3. She uses one tin of toms and 6 sausages for 4 people. Enough food there? After calorie counting the hampers she is dangerous.

4. Spinach has been folded in, magically gaining the properties of whipped egg whites.

At no point over the last week has she stopped peddling tit. How is she allowed to be paid to produce this?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Sorry for taking the thread away from her lies but there are certain issues with this dish.

1.It looks like there is cauliflower in it (large white lumps). No cauliflower in recipe. What is it?

2. Those red things are kidney beans. Judging the scale, that potion is tiny. Ffs.

3. She uses one tin of toms and 6 sausages for 4 people. Enough food there? After calorie counting the hampers she is dangerous.

4. Spinach has been folded in, magically gaining the properties of whipped egg whites.

At no point over the last week has she stopped peddling tit. How is she allowed to be paid to produce this?
I thought mushrooms which also aren’t in the recipe!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

I *think* the stuff that looks like cauliflower is actually the Linda McCartney sausages which she's meant to be promoting lmao.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
I *think* the stuff which looks like cauliflower is actually the Linda McCartney sausages which she's meant to be promoting lmao.
How can she do that to veggie sausages?

(I was about to take out my frozen ones to photograph for the cabal to compare and then thought someone may draw sad faces on them)

• Haha
Reactions: 58
So;
  • Roadside Mum has had a good chat with Chartwells and clearly explained the outcome on her twitter- no retweet.
  • Marks and Spencer’s are offering a meal plan and a free fiver- no retweet.
  • Marcus and his pals have written a letter -no retweet.
  • Various people respond to her wail, explaiNing how helpful their council have been - no retweet.
How can people not see she is in this for her publicity only? There is no confirmation or communication of anything positive that others have achieved.

*I am sure the list of people achieveing things could be expanded, these are just 4 things off the top of my head.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 105
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.