Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whoever said upthread that her next house move will be into one she’s bought is 100% on the money (sorry, forgot to look at who said it!). Surely if she was being made to move out and having to find a new RENTED shithole in Southend on her smoll (🤮) income, we’d not hear the end of it?!?

If she buys a house this after all the begging, grifting and non-butter-buying of 2020, I swear I’ll internally combust.
I would already prepare for combusting, I have been for a long time (combusting? Completed it, mate!) because it very much reminded me of a very very skint friend who I and others always bought the drinks for. Guess who owns property now. Sorry for another Scamsandwich example (told twice here already, yawn, but needs stressing) of a diverse and experience-rich life. Coven, grab a chair.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This does baffle me. I definitely don't get the full nuance of English accents, but to me she does sound generally Essex/Estuary and not particularly posh. Granted the only English people I can imagine saying "Mama" with a straight face are landed gentry pre-1930, so I may be approaching this a touch bluntly 😂
What’s baffling? She does have an Essex accent (I’m an Essex girl too 🔺) but her accent isn’t coarse. My point was she always massively exaggerates her hardship, in this case by suggesting her accent (and working class background, tattoos and sexuality) is unpalatable to people/mainstream media and stops her from being taken seriously.

And the vast majority of white working class English people just would never use “Mama” because it’s either considered too posh/try hard, or like baby talk. You know what the Brits are like about class 😄

Reactions: 37
She said the plant was covering a hole in the wall. Did anyone notice a hole in the wall on any of those pictures of the clean kitchen? There was a small screw hole where something had been taken down, but that would hardly need a Triffid to disguise it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
F415262C-794B-4A34-A397-760B095A09C3.jpeg

Surely this is never likely to become an issue for her? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
What’s baffling? She does have an Essex accent (I’m an Essex girl too 🔺) but her accent isn’t coarse. My point was she always massively exaggerates her hardship, in this case by suggesting her accent (and working class background, tattoos and sexuality) is unpalatable to people/mainstream media and stops her from being taken seriously.

And the vast majority of white working class English people just would never use “Mama” because it’s either considered too posh/try hard, or like baby talk. You know what the Brits are like about class 😄
If she wants to really go hard on the working class thing, idk why she doesn't just say 'Mam' or 'Ma'?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
God all these news appearances. She'll really be thinking she's a big cheese. What's she gonna do when it all blows over and all she's left with is wondering what the feck to do with a giant freezer full of free fish

• Haha
Reactions: 39
God all these news appearances. She'll really be thinking she's a big cheese. What's she gonna do when it all blows over and all she's left with is wondering what the feck to do with a giant freezer full of free fish
Those poor scallops 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 28
There isn’t a bleeping hole in the wall you lying freak!!
I wonder if it's a plant that Louisa gave her. A subliminal message. It's like that 10CC song, I'm not in love.

I keep your plant,
near the wall
It hides a messy hole that's lying there.
So don't you ask me,
to give it back.
I know, you know, it doesn't mean that much to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.