Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember the channel 4 thing (the infamous ‘HE’S DEAD’ with Edwina) programme? Big Dee (I think) had a go at Tory policy & the camera panned to Jack whose maniacal glee & admiration was creepy af-she literally looked high & deranged.
She was probably just like 'wow - a real life WORKING CLASS person' and attempting to memorise Dee's mannerisms for future WC cosplay.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I screenshot the article and feel a bit dirty.

View attachment 384801

View attachment 384802
Articles like this will thankfully kill any possible work with MR dead. As others have rightly pointed out he’s got to keep squeaky clean and non party political to get the job done, he’ll have a team working on this stuff too (likely friends and family from the impression he gives with buying them property / putting his mum at the forefront of the work he does?) who won’t risk everything for someone like Jack.

She’s truly a disgrace, the panic inducing carry on over the last few days has been too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She's completely unhinged. I'm worried for her. She needs help NOW!

You're so welcome.
I honestly thought that you'd mocked that up. But no, she's in the Express, again. The comments section is something to behold. Shame it wasn't behind a paywall. I feel dirty.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Guys guys she's just so........FURIOUS. Apoplectic with rage. Such a woman of the people 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’m a few pages behind, but popped into the future to say that the (eurgh) Daily Express has a story saying that the BBC were forced to cut Jack Monroe off for ‘branding Boris a liar’. Unless there was more to the clip and she actually DID call him a liar, she called him disingenuous, which is not quite the same as ‘liar’.

Is she being disingenuous, lol!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Breaking news: I just read the BBC Headline out loud to Mr IW and IW Junior (6) overhead. IW Junior then says..

"He's not very stylish either. Now if you don't mind me, I'm going upstairs to draw Boris Johnson. Not the Prime Minister. The Lie Minister"

😂😂😂😂😂

(If the drawing materialises, I will post)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Doing what has now become my “morning grunk” and as has been the case for days now, every time I complete a page and hit next, the page count goes up and so I’m still ten pages behind!
Two thoughts that have occurred to me
1. Who remembers Alan Parker: Urban Warrior (meat isn’t murder, it’s more like accidental death)
2. Successful narcs become cult leaders

See you in real time later tonight (@waffle maker you can probably use your 5g chip to view me by secret spy technology)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I honestly thought that you'd mocked that up. But no, she's in the Express, again. The comments section is something to behold. Shame it wasn't behind a paywall. I feel dirty.
Ummmm the comments really belie Jack's claims the the Express is actually a leftie paper now, don't they? I mean, if it is, someone forgot to tell the readership.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
But her rent payment bounced. How has she got spare cash to fund 50 free books?
Publishers will often give authors an option to buy overstock at a heavily discounted price to at least recoup some money on books destined to be pulped. This is also how outlets like The Works have cheap books. It makes more sense for the publisher to sell low-performing books cheaply than pay for warehousing. I strongly suspect our mutual friend has several cases of her own titles in that shed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I'm pissing myself that every time Jack appears on TV, another plant magically springs out of nowhere. If she carries on getting interviews, soon the whole crappy bungalow will be overrun 🥴

day of the triffids.jpg

(My cut out tool gave her a weird gap in her teeth - sorry Jack 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 68
So she called Bozo disingenuous. So powerful and angry.
The government will be shaking in their boots!
You can almost imagine another raven leaving the Tower every time she’s interviewed. ‘C’mon guys, fly! This place is fucked. She’s just called the PM a liar....well, sort of...ok, not really but still. Huh? Really? You’re staying? Ok, well it’s your funeral. Don’t come cryin to me when the government falls. See ya. I’m off to Amsterdam.”

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.