Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She reminds me of that Billy Connolly story/joke about being around a person whose job was described as 'Toboggan'.
Somehow she's made "Twitter" a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ugh, she's so silly, we could say the same of her income she gets for being a tit cook and presenter.
What a bleeping hypocrite she is. She's making a living not delivering tit people pay her for. She can cry ADHD all she wants but if it affects her that badly her agent has to publicly contact her on Twitter then she needs to take time off to work on herself, and I'm saying this as someone who is currently doing just that. She seems to revel in her various ailments.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She reminds me of that Billy Connolly story/joke about being around a person whose job was described as 'Toboggan'.
Somehow she's made "Twitter" a job.
A tabbogganist 😂😂

She's completely unhinged. I'm worried for her. She needs help NOW!

You're so welcome.
I'd delete the internet from my phone if a picture of me looking like that was circulating

• Haha
Reactions: 33
So she called him 'disingenuous'
She didn't call him a liar then?
Tom Kerridge on ITV news. Calm and didn't call anyone a liar. Also mentioned his childhood and his own experience of fsm.
And therein lies the problem, Jack has no experience of fsm or poor childhood so all she can do is imagine and shout. Haven’t seen anyone else get so worked up about something they know so little about. The Express now have a clip of her on bbc news so not sure if she will get another gig with them after calling Boris disingenuous.

Reactions: 40
Why can’t she go to sleep? when the actual job at hand is being done by MR, RM and even JO...

Reactions: 29
1) not fully caught up yet, but one of JM's many fans has complained to the Guardian's letters page about her not being given credit. Flying monkeys indeed.

2) we had our own government scandal akin to the Belgian government crisis when HMRC started "data matching" tax credit claims to Experian credit records. Thousands of people had their benefits stopped. Including one lady whose benefit claim was suspended because they thought she was "living together as a couple" with the shop downstairs, and another whose suspected undisclosed partner was her brother. Where was our Mackie then?
And by Belgian, I of course mean Dutch. I blame it being Friday 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Does anyone remember the channel 4 thing (the infamous ‘HE’S DEAD’ with Edwina) programme? Big Dee (I think) had a go at Tory policy & the camera panned to Jack whose maniacal glee & admiration was creepy af-she literally looked high & deranged. I reckon she’s watched too many films & hero worshipped people older than her, listening to tales of strikes & politics & now imagines she can become this ‘passionate, eloquent leader making a difference for humanity’. She fails to realise that she doesn’t have the charisma, commitment or ability & just comes across as an adenoidal, irritating grifter with an unhealthy self obsession. Hardly Rosa Parks.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I think @holliebollie has called it up thread and there has been a lot of breadcrumbing of the forever house 🤮 being just around the corner.

It reminds me a lot of the £20 shops in the way Jack underpins the Tory bootstrapping ethos, that even if you have 'nothing', to the point where you are shaking that tip jar/begging bowl, you can still buy a house and live happily ever after if you just try a little bit harder.

If she had any comprehension of how poverty actually works, she'd know that many of us with mortgages partly or fully paid off live in complete fear of the roof being damaged in a storm, the washing machine going on fire while we're out, losing work through becoming disabled or living with a condition that takes years to refer, investigate, diagnose and treat, giving up work to care for an elderly relative, or having to leave your job because they've changed your hours (oh wait a minute...), because all of those things can take away the financial security that you think you have in your forever home, in an instant. Costs associated with home ownership don't magically evaporate once you've planted your stupid flower in the garden.
Agreed. I really truly get the pitfalls of renting & how horribly excluding the property market is without wealthy parents (like Jack’s) to get you in but she’s pretty much doing the Southend version of renting in zone 1 instead of buying in zone 4, no? It’s an entirely different lifestyle that she obviously conflates with #thestruggle of home ownership as if she isn’t in a lovely period property.

I’ve said this before but the types of homes she’s after will require work. Even with daddy’s property workmen on retainer through his limited it’ll be tens and tens of thousands of pounds of work on top of repayments. Even worse than that no lie ins til 11am cos you’ve gotta let them in at 8 😂

Reactions: 39
Its as if she thinks she's Geldof shouting "just give us the bleeping money"
Please don't let her read this, please don't let her read this. 🙏🏻

I don't think I could cope with her subjecting us to a charity single. Which would be, no doubt, written, produced and performed by Jackie who might let some of her celebrity friends join in the chorus. 😂 Cos she's a maverick founder, isn't she.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.